russ

Favorite Pictures in Russia

279 posts in this topic

Really cool photos, everyone.

I guess I'm going to have to create a flicker account since my VJ pictures are filled up. (Or I could just delete that White Castle photo that I've had on here for the past three years.)

I'm thinking a trip to Russia soon to gather some new fodder for this forum is in order.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Kirk, you are making me second home sick! :cry:

It's why I posted 'em! :lol:

Would you believe Alla & I have never had a photo taken together on that carriage? Probably becasue we walked by it, seriously, over 100 times!

Really?!?! It's just such a cool photo prop, we couldn't pass the opportunity up.

Hey, love Nadya's jacket and matching shoes! :lol:

Aren't those cute? She bought the shoes about a year after she bought the jacket, and they're both the exact same color. Strange. I can't find two sets of black socks the exact same color.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Meanie! :angry::jest:

I've had my photo taken alone on the carriage (there is actually a funny story why) and we've taken a photo of Alla's son on it. But never us together.

You have to love our girls matching ensembles. Alla did the same thing once. One or two years later finds a perfect colour match. :lol:

I think I'll leave you alone about the two unmatched black socks. :whistle:

Maybe, I'll have to post some more photos in the near future...

Kirk, you are making me second home sick! :cry:

It's why I posted 'em! :lol:

Would you believe Alla & I have never had a photo taken together on that carriage? Probably becasue we walked by it, seriously, over 100 times!

Really?!?! It's just such a cool photo prop, we couldn't pass the opportunity up.

Hey, love Nadya's jacket and matching shoes! :lol:

Aren't those cute? She bought the shoes about a year after she bought the jacket, and they're both the exact same color. Strange. I can't find two sets of black socks the exact same color.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I guess I'm going to have to create a flicker account since my VJ pictures are filled up. (Or I could just delete that White Castle photo that I've had on here for the past three years.)

I'm thinking a trip to Russia soon to gather some new fodder for this forum is in order.

Looking at all the photos was interesting. Flickr or Photobucket works well for posting photos. I have the $19 / year Flickr Pro account. I like it because it automatically sizes the photos correctly for posting and there is no limit to the photos you can store on your account. You can give friends and family links so they can view your photo sets from their computers.

My wife has been wanting us to take a trip to meet my inlaws in Russia. I've never met them. The problem is that they live so far away in the middle of nowhere. I really doubt the 3 weeks vacation time I can take from work would be sufficient to make the trip worthwhile.

My wife was born and raised in the small village of Maleta in southern Russian Siberia. The closest landmarks that most maps show of the general area is that it is east of Lake Baikal and southwest of the city of Chita. My wife lived in Byelorussia (Belarus) for 17 years and is a Belarusian citizen.

I have no idea how many days it would take to get to and from there from Houston, TX or even the best route to take. From what I see it would be a major journey. Lots of plane, train, and bus travel to get to and from there.

Anyway, it probably won't happen this year. My wife's Belarusian passport is expired and we have her US citizenship application pending. Those two items need to be taken care of first. It would be best for her to travel with both passports.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Looking at all the photos was interesting. Flickr or Photobucket works well for posting photos. I have the $19 / year Flickr Pro account. I like it because it automatically sizes the photos correctly for posting and there is no limit to the photos you can store on your account. You can give friends and family links so they can view your photo sets from their computers.

My wife has been wanting us to take a trip to meet my inlaws in Russia. I've never met them. The problem is that they live so far away in the middle of nowhere. I really doubt the 3 weeks vacation time I can take from work would be sufficient to make the trip worthwhile.

My wife was born and raised in the small village of Maleta in southern Russian Siberia. The closest landmarks that most maps show of the general area is that it is east of Lake Baikal and southwest of the city of Chita. My wife lived in Byelorussia (Belarus) for 17 years and is a Belarusian citizen.

I have no idea how many days it would take to get to and from there from Houston, TX or even the best route to take. From what I see it would be a major journey. Lots of plane, train, and bus travel to get to and from there.

Anyway, it probably won't happen this year. My wife's Belarusian passport is expired and we have her US citizenship application pending. Those two items need to be taken care of first. It would be best for her to travel with both passports.

It shouldnt be bad, from houston to atlanta 1.5 hours on Delta, atlanta to moscow 10.5 hours on Delta arriving at Sheremetyevo, Moscow to Irkutsk on Aeroflot 6 hours then bus to final destination (about 325 miles or 10 hours). it would probably take you about 2 days worth of travel.

I didnt see any better route than that, you could fly into Chita, but that makes for a longer bus ride. Maleta is much closer to Irkutsk than it is to Chita.

Edited by Bobalouie

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

I cant see the picture mox!!! :crying:

Hmm...maybe Flickr was down for maintenance this morning? Can you see it now?

No, I cant, but it may be some kinda firewall bs that my computer has when I am at work. I will check when I am at home and let you know. But right now, I cant see a link or a photo or nutin! I wanna see this matching ensemble! I have problems finding colors that match too. I wore a pair of "brown" socks for about 3 years when I got gussied up. I "Thought" they matched my "brown" pants perfectly. Turns out the pants were an olive green and the socks were hunter green. So, not only did I clash remarkably, the colors were not even what I thought they were. Color blindness strikes again! :thumbs:

Now when people tell me I clash or that I am wearing a pink shirt that I thought was white, I tell them I only see "what the doctors describe as" black and white. It tends to deflect the discussion away from my ineptitude at dressing myself while at the same time garnering me the sympathy "oh my god, are you kidding?" which makes them feel like an a$$ for bringing up my handicap :devil: I am handy capable damnit!! :dance:

Edited by Bobalouie

--- AOS Timeline ---

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

LOL.

Okay, I might as well just post the link to my collection of many of the photos I took in August. For reasons I don't want to fully get into, I need to break the link up so as not to be googled. (sorry...mean people suck. It's why we can't have nice things.)

The url is http:// blog [dot] rafferty [dot] org / xyzzy /

Just remove all the spaces and change the [dot]'s to real dots. Enjoy! :)

LOL.

Okay, I might as well just post the link to my collection of many of the photos I took in August. For reasons I don't want to fully get into, I need to break the link up so as not to be googled. (sorry...mean people suck. It's why we can't have nice things.)

The url is http:// blog [dot] rafferty [dot] org / xyzzy /

Just remove all the spaces and change the [dot]'s to real dots. Enjoy! :)

I tried that too, and I think it is a firewall thing. The page comes up but none of the preview photos show up, and when I click on the space where a photo should be, it just comes up blank. I will try at home.

--- AOS Timeline ---

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Bah. Dangit, sorry. Corporate fun-limiting firewalls suck.

Tell me about it, they blocked our youtube and streaming audio Jan 1st and we are all going crazy now.

--- AOS Timeline ---

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you for the compliments everybody. Cool thread......... seeing all the photos is an enjoyable break from waiting. Billiards was a lot fun and I learned a few things. ;)

Buck

RUS.GIFNatalia & BuckUS1.GIF

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 29, 2007 - NOA1: K1

Sep 19, 2007 - NOA2: K1

Nov 02, 2007 - NVC Received Petition from CSC

Dec 13, 2007 - NVC Processing Completed; Petition forwarded to Moscow Consulate

Mar 03, 2008 - Moscow Interview Date: VISA APPROVED

Mar 06, 2008 - VISA's received in Omsk

Mar 24, 2008 - USA Arrival; HALLELUJAH !!!!

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Jun 17, 2008 - AOS, EAD, AP Filed - Natalia & Artem (17 yr-old son)

Jun 23, 2008 - NOA1: AOS, EAD, AP - Natalia & Artem

July 15, 2008 - Biometrics: AOS, EAD - Natalia & Artem

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Great photos mox, I finally got it to work! :thumbs:

--- AOS Timeline ---

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Now when people tell me I clash or that I am wearing a pink shirt that I thought was white, I tell them I only see "what the doctors describe as" black and white. It tends to deflect the discussion away from my ineptitude at dressing myself while at the same time garnering me the sympathy "oh my god, are you kidding?" which makes them feel like an a$$ for bringing up my handicap :devil: I am handy capable damnit!! :dance:

I like to tell them I'm dressing "Euro" today. "Yeah, all the guys over in Moscow were wearing $#!t like this when I was over there. I can't sport the man purse, but I'll rock the green shirt with the orange shorts all day. The ladies really like that look, it's very fashionable. All the guys are doing it. I can't believe it hasn't really caught on here yet. But I don't care because the ladies know what's up."

Luckily now I have a fashion filter, "You look like bumzh. You not will be walk together whis me if you looks like this. You must change this horrible ugly foo... Here. Wear this shirt together whis this pants and yes of course you must wear fashionable shoes." (I get all dolled-up...) "YOU EVEN NOT IRON THIS $#!T??? You are original bumzh! Primitive man and not fashionable guy." (She irons and tosses it back to me... I get dressed and then we head out....) All the ladies, "OOOhhh. You look really nice tonight." The wife, "Yes, he look nice only because I must make for him fashionable costume and so he not looks like original bumzh."

At least I can match my colors, right? Everyone knows green is green, regardless of what shade it is. Right?

It's actually been really fun trying to win the "fashion fight." She's burned a pair of my slippers already because they were too old and my favorite T-shirt isn't too far behind. I try to tell her that as long as it still fits and works for it's intended purpose it's still fashionable. She's not buying it. But, I have more old clothes than bonfires, so as long as we stay away from the fire pit, we should be good. We'll see what happens this spring. There are several boxes out in the garage marked, "Old clothes."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I know what you mean, Slim. When my wife arrived, the clothes KGB cleaned out all my good work clothes. You know, the jeans and shirts with holes, grease stains, and paint. I don't know what she expects me to wear working on the car or painting the house. The clothes I now consider "work clothes" are immediately taken from me after every days project and are hidden somewhere and laundered much later......or destroyed.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

I know what you mean, Slim. When my wife arrived, the clothes KGB cleaned out all my good work clothes. You know, the jeans and shirts with holes, grease stains, and paint. I don't know what she expects me to wear working on the car or painting the house. The clothes I now consider "work clothes" are immediately taken from me after every days project and are hidden somewhere and laundered much later......or destroyed.

Hehe.

In other news today, Amnesty International filed a complaint with the United Nations alleging mass "disappearances" of numerous items of clothing. The Domestic Politburo has sternly denied all allegations of mass clothing destruction. Secretary General Svetlana said in a brief press conference that "situation is 'nee-armal.' We have no record of a pair of 'favorite Levi's,' a 'green work shirt,' and 'that Hawaiian shirt I got from that one place that one time.' This is yet another fabrication of Capitalist Western media."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.