Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill - congrats on the good news. You're so close to the interview date. I'm so excited for you! lol

So Mr. Fidel finally decided to step down. Its about time...I wonder if Cuba will see some positive changes :unsure:

Bye Bye Fidel!

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Go Jawi......Go Jawi.......Wishing you the very best.

Kimmy....are you at least drinking some nutritional supplements since you can't get solids down? I'm worrying about you.

Kel....i put tea in my mouth..here u go....Doc says when i get into my 2nd trimester if things don't change thats when he will be worried...He also says the baby thrives off of what I have already for the 1st trimester..after that I need to be eating..I love my pasta..i ordered some chicken scarpelli the other day...it still inna di fridge :angry: how I wish I could eat it...I lost weight with Kimora also but wasn't vomiting like this...all mi seh is dis pickney betta be a bwoy..so mi cyan kick him up :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lawny...the Sienna is the only minivan I will ever buy if mi a buy one...mi have a camry..LOVE IT...trunk...HUGE...leg room...Massive....gas ....GREAT.....no complaints at al...love anything Toyota makes .. :thumbs: Next year though by the grace of God and baby # 2 comes..mi plan fi get the Highlander....cyan bodda wid 2 BABY inna one cyar..

Hey Quana...it is very hard for a visitor visa approval w/o strong enough ties to the country..nothing tried nothing done though...don't be discouraged..u maybe the one that gets it...

VJ a go mad..how mi end up wid a double post... :wacko:

Thanks Kimmy,

Yes you are right.. he is a strong willed man and he will def not give up, he was denied last year and has reapplied w/ his new interview this Friday. I am pulling for him, but I am a little worried he may not be good candidate seeing how u have to show strong ties to JA. RG has worked the past 6 mnths in the Bahamas, he just moved back the last couple of days. He has children in JA so maybe that would be a good thing, but may not hold very much weight. I don't know if he understands that him not having long term residence in JA could be hindering him and therefore he is wasting his money. Nevertheless, I am keeping my fingers crossed for him.

Girl..betta him waste fi him dan fi yuh... :lol: mek him try just be prepared whatever comes..good or bad...

Hello everyone, I am quana (dancehallquana)

I been getting alot of good wisdom as well as laughs from VJ over the last couple of months, and just recently decided to join. My prayers are with all of you that have experienced heartache and discouragement this past week and hope that you are all encouraged and strenghened through it all.

I am not yet on a visa journey, but have been enjoying getting to know a special friend that I met in Jamaica Jully 2007. RG will be applying (for the second time around) for his visitor VISA or B2 I think?? I wanted to know if any of your SO had ever applied in the past before filing for their current VISA's. I have heard that it is pretty difficult to get approved. I know that this kind of VISA is not normally discussed here, but if anyone has any insight or experiences they would like to give, I would appreciate it.

My ex got a B2 a few years back.

He had a good job with Soctiabank, I'm sure that helped.

If he has a decent job, presents himself well, pretty sure that would make a difference.

But whatever he does,he should NOT tell them he has a girlfriend in the States.

It is pretty hard but not impossible to get the visitor's visa, but they will go over his application with a fine tooth comb!

good point !!

Tanks JAE, JG, and Tre!!! Good info fi tru!!

Kimmy ya sound like mi gyals here in TX, dey sey "Gyal ya mad?? ya betta let ya man git da VISA, and keep ya flight money in ya di bank fa Sumfest!!! LOL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
wi did a do so good..how wi end up wid 3anons..3duppy...cha..oonuh come out man...!! :dance: TAm u dere..Yardie u dere ?..ahahaa....I haven't seen Madame in a while...I hope everything is well

Yep I am one of them...not much time to post today but wanna keep up on the reading since you all are chatting so much.

:dance: GOOD LUCK JAWI!!! :dance:

Timeline
mi have a camry..LOVE IT...trunk...HUGE...leg room...Massive....gas ....GREAT.....no complaints at al...love anything Toyota makes .. :thumbs:

I miss my Camry :crying: Damien totalled it last year. Great car.

Andre said no small Toyota's for us. And no white cars. He kind of burnt out cause of all of them in JA.

small ? u must be talking bout the RAV4..my camry is bigger than a RAV4..dats why if mi nah get di highlander..mi not changing mi cyar....mi hate white cars to..will never buy one ..neva !!!

I was thinking the same thing..Camrys are spacious. Or maybe a Corrolla. I really wanted Damien to buy a Corrolla because he was used to driving (with no license) a smaller car.

Timeline
ok..how about I haven't been to work since Thursday....I just refuse to go be uncomfortable at a desk..mi radda tan a mi yaad..mi a go call mi doc today fi a note from work...I can't ..eveytime mi TInk mi feel betta here we go again..a mi decide now seh mi nah go tek every pill inna di book...

Hi ladies! Hope all is well on your ends

JAE - I saw this on my yahoo homepage and thought of you.

Best Cars For City Dwellers

Not sure if you live in an urban area but its a nice article still lol

Hey Marie..how u doing....how was/is Jamaica ?

I wish I knew lol. I'm trying to go down during spring break but I might use that time to work on grad school applications. But I'll most likely go summer. Sumfest and ATI cant miss me :dance: When's the next time u going? Gotta get that trip in before the little one comes

Hey Marie. Do you know the dates of ATI?

Hi! The exact dates haven't been released but its always before/after/on independence weekend. I'll keep you posted as we get nearer and things get finalized :thumbs:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
Hello everyone, I am quana (dancehallquana)

I been getting alot of good wisdom as well as laughs from VJ over the last couple of months, and just recently decided to join. My prayers are with all of you that have experienced heartache and discouragement this past week and hope that you are all encouraged and strenghened through it all.

I am not yet on a visa journey, but have been enjoying getting to know a special friend that I met in Jamaica Jully 2007. RG will be applying (for the second time around) for his visitor VISA or B2 I think?? I wanted to know if any of your SO had ever applied in the past before filing for their current VISA's. I have heard that it is pretty difficult to get approved. I know that this kind of VISA is not normally discussed here, but if anyone has any insight or experiences they would like to give, I would appreciate it.

Hola Quannie,

WELCOME WELCOME!!! Girl, I have no idea about the visitor visa thing...But like Kimkim said...nothing ventured...nothing gained!!! Don't be a stranger...come back soon! :thumbs:

Hi to the rest of the Fam!! I just got an email from the Embassy....Ken can go pick up the Packet 4 on Thursday!! :thumbs::luv: Suh, mi call mi dyam facety man fuh tell em deh good news...han hit wat em seh!!

"Ow come heverytime yuh a sen 'hemail' his fimi rass haffi guh Town!!! Is when yuh press deh 'send ' key pon yuh keyboard...hit mussi link hup tuh mi batty... cause is really me yuh a send!!" :lol::lol::lol: Dyam houtta order! :lol::lol:

Mi haffi tell em..."Den mi love, doan boddah fuh guh...han I won't boddah fi come! But jus memba...if I nuh come...yuh nuh.....come!" :lol::lol::lol:;)

Then mi git..."Arighty den suh bright han hearly mi a guh lefhout fi town pon Thursday mawning!" :lol::lol::lol:;)

Bless,

Gill

HA HA

Get him Gil, mi see him straighten up now!! LOL Congrats

Timeline
wi did a do so good..how wi end up wid 3anons..3duppy...cha..oonuh come out man...!! :dance: TAm u dere..Yardie u dere ?..ahahaa....I haven't seen Madame in a while...I hope everything is well

Yep I am one of them...not much time to post today but wanna keep up on the reading since you all are chatting so much.

:dance: GOOD LUCK JAWI!!! :dance:

Hey Yards....good to see yuh...ok..u can read ...yeah wi a chat nuff tideh...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Well...

Not to put a damper on things but I really wanted/need to get this out...

A and I had a counseling session last night after a no contact separation (we have been living separate since last May but still in contact) for the last 30 days - sort of a last ditch attempt for him to realize the severity of it all. As much heartbreak and pain as this decision has caused me it has been decided that we will be filing for divorce :( Never in a million years did I think this would happen to me. :crying: After attempting to work on our marriage for almost 2 years and to still be in square 1 with little to no progress...well there is only so much one person can do. I feel like I did everything I could to save our marriage and I did it with integrity. So as much as my heart hurts I know that it was a necessary decision at this stage in everything and there is no uncertainty in the decision. I am at peace with it as hard and heartbreaking as it is. I am not going to go into too many details here on the public forum but I wanted you all to know what was happening. I am not sure what is going to happen with the whole removing of conditions...I don't even want to think about that right now. So anyways...thank you for all the love, support and prayers, I know a lot of you were rooting for our marriage to pull through. Please keep the whole situation in your prayers. It is definitely one of the worst times in my life.

Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline

(((yardie)))) (L)(L) ..much love to you...you and you alone could have made that decision and be content..I will def you guys in my prayers...

Timeline
Well...

A and I had a counseling session last night after a no contact separation (we have been living separate since last May but still in contact) for the last 30 days - sort of a last ditch attempt for him to realize the severity of it all. As much heartbreak and pain as this decision has caused me it has been decided that we will be filing for divorce :( Never in a million years did I think this would happen to me. :crying: After attempting to work on our marriage for almost 2 years and to still be in square 1 with little to no progress...well there is only so much one person can do. I feel like I did everything I could to save our marriage and I did it with integrity. So as much as my heart hurts I know that it was a necessary decision at this stage in everything and there is no uncertainty in the decision. I am at peace with it as hard and heartbreaking as it is. I am not going to go into too many details here on the public forum but I wanted you all to know what was happening. I am not sure what is going to happen with the whole removing of conditions...I don't even want to think about that right now. So anyways...thank you for all the love, support and prayers, I know a lot of you were rooting for our marriage to pull through. Please keep the whole situation in your prayers. It is definitely one of the worst times in my life.

Oh, girl, I'm so sorry.

I've divorced before and I know the whole trying to make it work, finally having to say it's not fixable, thing. If you ever want to talk, please PM me. I do know when you pour your heart and soul into it, there is no shame in walking away. I still love my ex to pieces and we are great friends, probably better for not being married anymore. I always say I love him, we just can't live together. Hang in there. Be good to yourself!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
ok..how about I haven't been to work since Thursday....I just refuse to go be uncomfortable at a desk..mi radda tan a mi yaad..mi a go call mi doc today fi a note from work...I can't ..eveytime mi TInk mi feel betta here we go again..a mi decide now seh mi nah go tek every pill inna di book...

Hi ladies! Hope all is well on your ends

JAE - I saw this on my yahoo homepage and thought of you.

Best Cars For City Dwellers

Not sure if you live in an urban area but its a nice article still lol

Hey Marie..how u doing....how was/is Jamaica ?

I wish I knew lol. I'm trying to go down during spring break but I might use that time to work on grad school applications. But I'll most likely go summer. Sumfest and ATI cant miss me :dance: When's the next time u going? Gotta get that trip in before the little one comes

Hey Marie. Do you know the dates of ATI?

Hi! The exact dates haven't been released but its always before/after/on independence weekend. I'll keep you posted as we get nearer and things get finalized :thumbs:

I was thinking of going for spring break as well, if RG doesn't get to come here anyway.. MAN fares from DFW are outreageous but that is panning out to be the best time for me to get away. What is the ATI? I bet Independence Day in JA is FIYAH, that might be a good alternative for me to try one year since it is the beginning of August before school starts.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
mi have a camry..LOVE IT...trunk...HUGE...leg room...Massive....gas ....GREAT.....no complaints at al...love anything Toyota makes .. :thumbs:

I miss my Camry :crying: Damien totalled it last year. Great car.

wow..girl...did u total him afta ?...

lol

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well...

Oh ((((((((((((((((((Jams))))))))))))))),

I'm so sorry to hear. Chica...I KNOW YOU TRIED!!!! Sweetheart, as you already know a marriage must be a 'we' effort not an 'I'. As always you are in my prayers.

hug_a_cat.jpg

Love you Jams and I am always here & rooting for you!

Bless,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.