Yaads

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks so much for the travel info everyone. I appreciate it :thumbs:

Gill - So glad you had a nice time. U go Likkle Ochi?! Dat place is AMAZING!!! The fish and festival is sooo nice and me luv di likkle boat dem u sit in fi eat. Bwoy mi cyan wait fi go back a yawd. And Rebel Salute nah miss me next year!

Edited by Marie87

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Gill - So glad you had a nice time. U go Likkle Ochi?! Dat place is AMAZING!!! The fish and festival is sooo nice and me luv di likkle boat dem u sit in fi eat. Bwoy mi cyan wait fi go back a yawd. And Rebel Salute nah miss me next year!

Hey Marie, how u been..how are things going ?

So, Ken dropped off his DS-230 today at the embassy. How long before I can start calling to find out about a date?

Good, so we are on the "ROAD"...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Fi real Mar!!!! Likkle Ochi...SELLHOFF!!! Yuh Cyaan mek Rebel 2009 miss yuh Gurl!!! Truss mi...yuh ah guh LOVE it!!!!

Bless Bless,

Gill

Hey Marie, how u been..how are things going ?

So, Ken dropped off his DS-230 today at the embassy. How long before I can start calling to find out about a date?

Good, so we are on the "ROAD"...

Yea Chica...slowly but surely...wi ah git there!! I'll call next week fi see if it's in the system yet! Mi jus waan book mi flight back dung arready...yuh see it! :lol::lol:

Love ya,

Gill

Morning all!

(((Gill))) Welcome back!!! Glad you had a great time! I am not sure when you can start calling the embassy...probably give them a week or two at least to get it in the system.

Thanks Yardie!!!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Hello All! I am pretty new around here and just reading all the posts! It makes me a little "home" sick for the Caribbean. While my fiance is from St Lucia, I love Jamaica and miss it as well. I can't wait for April - going to visit Louis in St Lucia - I hope the time passes fast!

I just came in from waiting for the bus with my little kindergartner... it is so effing cold outside which does not help with the "home" sickness either!!! Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Welcome Iriecat! Feel free to join us here anytime. How long are you going for in April? What part of JA have you been too?

I am going to St Lucia in April for just over 2 weeks. My daughter will have spring break and I am letting her miss a week of school (its kindergarten!) She would be so upset if I didnt take her with me and I wouldnt be able to stay as long if I didnt bring her either... She loves Louis as much as I do and she can't wait to see her friends! She was a pretty popular girl in St Lucia - I dont know how many men asked me to have more children for them LOL!!! (she is mixed and quite a beauty!)

Jamaica - Mostly MoBay - My company works with Half Moon and we used to represent Tryall, Round Hill and Coyaba. I did go for work a couple times and made some friends. Then Brought my daughter there a couple years ago for vacation and we went to Bob's house and spent some time in the country in St Catherine. I could drive you there if we were on the island but I cannot remember the exact names of the towns! LOL

Cat

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I need some advice.....

Look at mt time-line and you can see the frustration. My wife (who is jamaicn) dropped off the 230 form on Dec. 27th and we still have not heard anything. Seems like the embassy in not organized at all. Should i call to see if they have scheduled an interview date yet? If so what is the best number to call?

Also, we still haven't gotten a passport for her daughter yet....how long does it take to get one?

Jason & Marla Stephens

I-130 TIME-LINE

mailed to TSC: 4/3/07

NOA1: 4/11/07

Touch: 7/24/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 hardcopy: 10/16/07

I-129f TIME-LINE

Met: 2/24/06

Married: 3/15/07

Visit my wife on: 4/29/ to 5/3/07

Mailed to Chicago: 5/17/07

NOA1: 5/23/07

Transferred to CSC 5/28/07

CSC recieved (pending): 6/05/07

Touch: 6/19/07

Touch: 8/13/07 on a Sun.?

Touch: 8/14/07 Getting Excited!!!

Visit my wife on: 9/30/07 thru 10/07/07

Called USCIS on: 10/10/07

NOA2: 10/10/07 (e-mail)

NOA2 Hardcopy: 10/16/07

NVC recieved: 10/20/07

NVC mailed out: 10/31/07

Consulate recieved: 11/02/07

Pkt 3 sent out: 11/04/07 NEVER RECEIVED

Visit my wife on: 11/11/07 thru 12/02/07

Picked up Pkt3: 12/27/07 and dropped it off the same day

Medical: 02/28/08

Interview Date: 03/11/08 @ 8:00 am (got blue sheet for not having proof of filed I-130)

Follow up appt.: 04/24/08 12:30pm .... they are saying its a 2nd interview (APPROVED)

K3 Visa recieved: 05-14-08

US Entry: 05-15-08

Applied for EAD 08-20-08

EAD NOA1 08-28-08

Timeline
I need some advice.....

Look at mt time-line and you can see the frustration. My wife (who is jamaicn) dropped off the 230 form on Dec. 27th and we still have not heard anything. Seems like the embassy in not organized at all. Should i call to see if they have scheduled an interview date yet? If so what is the best number to call?

Also, we still haven't gotten a passport for her daughter yet....how long does it take to get one?

I would call the Embassy at: 876-702-6000 or better yet call the US number - 202-663-1225 and ask them the status of your case!!!

That's foolishness...since 12/27!!!!!

Surrrrrrrrrrrps....light a fire under someone baxside!!!

Bless,

Gill

Hello All! I am pretty new around here and just reading all the posts! It makes me a little "home" sick for the Caribbean. While my fiance is from St Lucia, I love Jamaica and miss it as well. I can't wait for April - going to visit Louis in St Lucia - I hope the time passes fast!

I just came in from waiting for the bus with my little kindergartner... it is so effing cold outside which does not help with the "home" sickness either!!! Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!

GREETINGS & WELCOME IrieCat!!!! Good tuh ave yuh wid us!!!!

Gurl,

I can imagine how cold MAine must be....I'm in NY and it ain't nice ATALL outside!!!! Don't worry April soon come!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Glad you found us over here.

I need some advice.....

I hear the holidays have slowed things down a bit. Like she said above, you can try and call.

The passport for the child shouldn't take too long. I would have her go ASAP, though. Just in case.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Glad you found us over here.

I need some advice.....

I hear the holidays have slowed things down a bit. Like she said above, you can try and call.

The passport for the child shouldn't take too long. I would have her go ASAP, though. Just in case.

JG,

I like the new pic...very sweet!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you, Dear. Tired of the old one being so big. Although, it is the avatar now.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Hey there Cat! Glad you decided to join us over here!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

((((GILLLLLL))))) Welcome back mi girl!!!

Hey there Cat! Glad you decided to join us over here!

Marlita -- yu get yu NOA1 yet? Mi ah pray fi yu mi dear! :thumbs:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Timeline
I need some advice.....

Jason,

Look at my time line. There are not many K-3 filers on this thread. Most Yardie members are K-1 or CR-1. I know that you are extremely frustrated. Don't waste your time calling the Embassy. Once a date has been scheduled, the State Department will have that information in the system. Once the DS-230 is entered in Kingston, it generally takes 2-3 months to obtain an interview date. Call 202-663-1225 (State Department). Have your case number ready when you call. This number is invaluable because after you get approved, you can also check the status of the visa (e.g. Has it been printed)?

As far as your stepdaughter's passport, did your wife use regular or express service?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.