Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 5)

5,509 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
once the 1-485 package has been submitted....does anyone how long it takes to get the ead back (or any response for that matter)?

We got the biometrics letter about a month later. That was the first we had heard from them.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Hi Everyone..............can you calm me??

Friday is our Interview and I am so nervous. We have been together 2 years (as in together..together.....not a LDR) every minute possible, and di youngster still cannot remember some of the most basic things!! Like what month we met!!! Of course I know the day, date, minte, hour, second!!!

I have seen many people on this website whose Green Cards are held up because of missing info, wrong paperwork, and stuff like that............but what about if my husband simply gets ISH wrong?? I think that there are "immigration" red flags (he's Jamaican, He's much younger, different level of education, etc) to our union, but part of me has to beleive that if these agents (if that's what they're called) do this every day of their lives, they must somehow innately know true love from fraud when they see it. I sure as hell hope so!!! Any insight? We have all the paperwork stuff in order (car title, work & insurance beneficiary, bank accounts, gym memberships, etc), but its his damn memory that's troubling me!!!

Timeline
Hi Everyone..............can you calm me??

Friday is our Interview and I am so nervous. We have been together 2 years (as in together..together.....not a LDR) every minute possible, and di youngster still cannot remember some of the most basic things!! Like what month we met!!! Of course I know the day, date, minte, hour, second!!!

I have seen many people on this website whose Green Cards are held up because of missing info, wrong paperwork, and stuff like that............but what about if my husband simply gets ISH wrong?? I think that there are "immigration" red flags (he's Jamaican, He's much younger, different level of education, etc) to our union, but part of me has to beleive that if these agents (if that's what they're called) do this every day of their lives, they must somehow innately know true love from fraud when they see it. I sure as hell hope so!!! Any insight? We have all the paperwork stuff in order (car title, work & insurance beneficiary, bank accounts, gym memberships, etc), but its his damn memory that's troubling me!!!

Hey, girl. Long time since I heard from you.

You'll be just fine. He'll remember the important stuff and he'll do just fine.

I'm praying for you and crossing my fingers.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

I know,....I come on here and the other place, just to read about what's going on. I was away on photo shoots for a straight month. And you know me, though....not much of a post-er.

Anyway, I have to say that everyone here seems so nice and so normal, unlike ...........elsewhere!!

How are you??? We are good. Di youngster is studying for his driving test and our interview. And he's hating the cold weather. When we see what the GC story is with traveling, we may plan a trip to JA. He just got a big job in January, so maybe we'll go in Feb. Can't wait!!

Timeline
I know,....I come on here and the other place, just to read about what's going on. I was away on photo shoots for a straight month. And you know me, though....not much of a post-er.

Anyway, I have to say that everyone here seems so nice and so normal, unlike ...........elsewhere!!

How are you??? We are good. Di youngster is studying for his driving test and our interview. And he's hating the cold weather. When we see what the GC story is with traveling, we may plan a trip to JA. He just got a big job in January, so maybe we'll go in Feb. Can't wait!!

Well, every place has it's moments. Elsewhere....the first elsewhere is pretty much back to normal. Toes is kind of shut down.

I'm good. We're great. Took Andre and the kids to Andre's and Molly's first hockey game Saturday night. They loved it. Otherwise, just trudging along, working and getting ready for Christmas.

Good luck on that driving test. Andre's been driving almost a year now and I'm still not as comfortable with it as I thought I would be. So far (knock on wood) no problems.

The interview will go just fine. You guys are true and that will shine through. They won't quiz you as closely as you are imagining. Just make sure you have all your proofs and it will be fine. Don't freak him out by doing the drill sargent routine. You are probably scaring the answers out of his head. :blink: He'll be fine. You know there have been days you didn't think you were going to make it this far and you did. Keep the faith.

We haven't been back to JA in a year and a half. Probably won't be going anytime soon. Life seems to take over way to easily.

Hey, Jay.............

I forget if I congratulated you or not when you PM'd me. If I didn't, I apologize. Congratulations to you and Donna. I wish you only the best.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
once the 1-485 package has been submitted....does anyone how long it takes to get the ead back (or any response for that matter)?

we filled in march....got a bio appointment then in april and then the end of may mike got the ead.....if i could suggest one thing...and that would be to have him go around a collect applications or get him signed up for carrerbuilder.com or monster.com have all the apps signed out and then when he gets his ead or when you get notice the card is being produced have him start sending back the applications that will save you SO much time....i really wish we would have done that...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

we filled in march....got a bio appointment then in april and then the end of may mike got the ead.....if i could suggest one thing...and that would be to have him go around a collect applications or get him signed up for carrerbuilder.com or monster.com have all the apps signed out and then when he gets his ead or when you get notice the card is being produced have him start sending back the applications that will save you SO much time....i really wish we would have done that...

good idea

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok. Here is something weird.

i went to JA over Thanksgiving Break and had a GREAT time.

This weekend I had some friends over and we were watching the movie "Waitress" which suddenly reminded me that that morning I had a dream that I was 8 days pregnant. I told my friends and we were all like, 8 days..hahah how specific, how weird" until one friend was really quiet and said "you came back from JA 8 days ago today... WEIRD

THEN

Sunday at church a good friend came to me and said "I had a dream you had a baby and needed me to babysit - I wanted to call you immediately but you were out of town..it was such a real dream" This friend had no clue about the dream....

A little weird, dont ya think ladies??

Let me state: I have not been trying to get pregnant or have not talked about it so it isnt like it should be on anyone's mind...

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Well, I've been to Jamaica, but never with him. We really can't wait. He's been away three years. I can't imagine being away from home for that long (at his age). He tries to play it cool, but when we talk about going, he lights up like a bulb. There was a special on the Travel Channel last night about JA, and he was in heaven. Everything they said, he was like "yep, yep, yep" and he's Talking about all the places he can take his Mom, (the Blue mountains, the beach!!) now that he has money. I'm excited for him, because he came here a a kid really, and he's going back as the man of his family.

Timeline
Well, I've been to Jamaica, but never with him. We really can't wait. He's been away three years. I can't imagine being away from home for that long (at his age). He tries to play it cool, but when we talk about going, he lights up like a bulb. There was a special on the Travel Channel last night about JA, and he was in heaven. Everything they said, he was like "yep, yep, yep" and he's Talking about all the places he can take his Mom, (the Blue mountains, the beach!!) now that he has money. I'm excited for him, because he came here a a kid really, and he's going back as the man of his family.

oh. that sounds so wonderful! I love it!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Oh, that sounds so nice for both of you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I've been simmering all day, and I can't hold it in any longer............We called MIL last night and come to find out, Portia is in their community, spewing lies and promises of what she can do for them. Why do people always fall for the lies of politicians?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

That sounds so great! Both of you are probably estatic! :dance:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.