bradcanuck

Travel after GC interview?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I tried searching around a bit and reading some older topics but I couldn't find what I was looking for, so big apologies if you have answered this 200 times already.

My wife (USC) and I want to travel right after we get out of our interview (well not right after but a day or two after). We'd be driving to Canada so it wouldn't be flights or anything. What I want to know is, is there anything the Officer can give me in my passport (stamp wise) showing I have a GC so we can travel, or do I need to wait for the GC in the mail physically before I can leave and re-enter the USA legally?

Also I don't want to jynx my interview, but there is no reason for a denial whatsoever so I am sort of planning ahead assuming we will go fine. (I'll let someone pray for me as I am agnostic lol)

Cheers!

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

I tried searching around a bit and reading some older topics but I couldn't find what I was looking for, so big apologies if you have answered this 200 times already.

My wife (USC) and I want to travel right after we get out of our interview (well not right after but a day or two after). We'd be driving to Canada so it wouldn't be flights or anything. What I want to know is, is there anything the Officer can give me in my passport (stamp wise) showing I have a GC so we can travel, or do I need to wait for the GC in the mail physically before I can leave and re-enter the USA legally?

Also I don't want to jynx my interview, but there is no reason for a denial whatsoever so I am sort of planning ahead assuming we will go fine. (I'll let someone pray for me as I am agnostic lol)

Cheers!

If you are approved you can ask the IO to stamp the temporary I-551 in your passport.

No guarens they will do so tho.

They gave my wife one but it was because they screwed up the paperwork and delayed the GC process.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
If you are approved you can ask the IO to stamp the temporary I-551 in your passport.

No guarens they will do so tho.

They gave my wife one but it was because they screwed up the paperwork and delayed the GC process.

Thank you.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.