Roserick

Pls.. Share USEM Interview Experience..

11 posts in this topic

Please share some of your reviews about the Interview Journey..

Specially for IR-VISA Interviews.. My wife is kind of nervous, I just want her to feel better..

Also if you can suggest some good preparations on what to bring and what to expect..

Thank You all..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Specially for IR-VISA Interviews.. My wife is kind of nervous, I just want her to feel better..

Also if you can suggest some good preparations on what to bring and what to expect..

Thank You all..

This is probably a good place to start. The pinned threads at the top of the page will give you loads of info.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=129

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

There are a lot of Pinoys/Pinays that had shared their interview experiences here, maybe you can also read their posts/threads.

For the preparation, there is also a post here on how to prepare the documents in folders to make it nice, neat and organized... These are how I made my folders (just a sample):...

P1010575WinCE.jpgP1010577WinCE.jpgP1010578WinCE.jpg

My folders includes the following:

1st folder: Biographic Data/Documents: that includes the Appointment letter, my BC (old BCa and corrected NSO-BC), MC, CENOMAR, NBI clearance, Police Certificates, baptismal certificate and court's order (because I had typho error on my BC) and also includes my husband's BC and divorce decrees.

2nd Folder: Affidavit of Support Documents: which includes the I-864, ITR's/W-2, employment certificates, bank records/statements, etc...

3rd Folder: Proof of Relationship: Our meeting, iteniraries of his flights and hotel accomodations, engagement and wedding preparations and documents

4th Folder: Proof of Continuous Relationship: Electronic correspondences (e-mails and chat transcripts), cards/letters through snail mails with the stamped envelop to show the dates (including those from his family), Western Union Money Remittances Receipts, etc...

5th folder: Photos (in chronological order with captions)

My Interview Experience (CR-1) May2, 2007 @6:30am:

Rob (my husband) and I woke up at 330am and got ready for the interview. We went to the USEM at 435am (14th-15th in line). Rented chairs while waiting near the waiting shed.

5am- Security guard checks for the appointment letter and ID, then we went in for another line just outside USEM.

6am - We were allowed to go in the USEM premises. Then we were given ticket number/stubs (6013).

730am- Number flashed to go to Window 26 for the pre-interiew. The interviewer is a young Pinoy.

• He asked me for my BC and MC.
  • He asked me what was wrong with my BC since NVC forwarded them a copy of the Court Order's Decision I sent to them with regards to my BC correction of entry. He told me to show the CO the original copy of the court's decision.
  • He asked for Rob's W2 and ITR (latest).
  • Then he asked for photos, emails/chats and cards (I gave him 2 folders for that).
  • The he asked me when, where and how Rob and I met? And he asked Rob where and when we got married?
  • The pre-interviewer was so nice, he told us to take a seat and just wait for the final interview.

730am- my name was called at window 16 for the finger scan.

815am- number flashed to go to Window 28. The CO is a young Asian guy who is always smiling and laughing and is really a very nice guy.

• He asked me about the Court's Decision and I told him its just a typo error and he said "Oh, its nothing" and he gave me back my copy.
  • He asked where and how we met? When Rob first came here? And why it took that long? And Rob answered because of his job and its the busy season and he can't just take a leave.
  • He asked Why we got married at Puerto Galera and I told him it was Rob's choice and Rob elaborated and the CO was nodding.
  • He asked how many attended and if I would have wanted more to attend? I said around 30-35 and Isaid no, because that would be more expensive.
  • He looked at the pictures (and there's so many of those I prepared) and he saw my family and friends and Consul sounds happy while Rob was explaining about those pictures (even if I already placed captions with those pictures).
  • He checked Rob's ITR/W2 and then he saw a business permit and he asked Rob: "So, you have your own business?"... And Rob said yes. Then CO said: "Oh, so everything looks fine"... and he gave me back the photo, emails/chats/card folders and Rob's Affidavit of Support Folders.
  • I asked:"Are we approved?"
  • He replied: " YES" (with a big smile) and said to wait again to be called but not to buy tickets yet.
  • Interview with CO took only about 3 minutes tops.

830am: Name called to window 37. The lady gave me back my appointment letter and stapled a pink slip and told us topay Delbros and just wait for about a week if within Manila. Rob asked if we can have it picked up? Due to the excitement, Rob forgot to ask CO if we can do that.

Then we paid Delbros. Lady told us to wait about a week (more than a week if outside Manila).

We are back at the Hotel (Mabini Mansions) 9am!!!

I received my visa after 5 working days in San Pedro, Laguna.

GOOD LUCK on YOUR IR-visa Interview! :thumbs:

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

WoW... Thank You so much.. Now I can explain to my wife that its almost the same as the interview when we got our daughter's passport @ the USEM Manila..

Similar Scenario.. We were called for pre-screening.. Pinay lady looked at our papers and did a checklist.. and told us to take a seat and we will be called again for the interview by the CO.

We were called again.. Now a White Caucasian man was on the window, 1st look I knew he was the consul.

1st Question.. He wanted to look at our little girl and look at us both, then asked us how we met, we explained to him. Then he wanted to see pics if we have any.. (I didn't bring any pics) Thank God I keep alot of pics on my wallet.. I showed him pics on when my wife had my baby, pictures of my wife with me.. Then he looked at the checklist again and just said I don't see the problem here.. Her passport will me mailed to you in a week.

That's it.. Now my wife can be comfortable with this interview.. The key is honesty and kindness..

Thank You so much!!

IR-1 Visa for Wife

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank You all..

hi..

i've been out for a while... :blush:

i dont know if you still be needing this..though here's my interview experience in USEmbassy..

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

goodluck!

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

hi..

i dont know if you still be needing this..though here's my interview experience in USEmbassy..

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

goodluck!

link not working..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Timeline
hi..

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

goodluck!

link not working..

here it is...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1234628

Dong & Dang

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

Perfect. :thumbs: This is what exactly I am looking for. Thank you Helen!

There are a lot of Pinoys/Pinays that had shared their interview experiences here, maybe you can also read their posts/threads.

For the preparation, there is also a post here on how to prepare the documents in folders to make it nice, neat and organized... These are how I made my folders (just a sample):...

P1010575WinCE.jpgP1010577WinCE.jpgP1010578WinCE.jpg

My folders includes the following:

1st folder: Biographic Data/Documents: that includes the Appointment letter, my BC (old BCa and corrected NSO-BC), MC, CENOMAR, NBI clearance, Police Certificates, baptismal certificate and court's order (because I had typho error on my BC) and also includes my husband's BC and divorce decrees.

2nd Folder: Affidavit of Support Documents: which includes the I-864, ITR's/W-2, employment certificates, bank records/statements, etc...

3rd Folder: Proof of Relationship: Our meeting, iteniraries of his flights and hotel accomodations, engagement and wedding preparations and documents

4th Folder: Proof of Continuous Relationship: Electronic correspondences (e-mails and chat transcripts), cards/letters through snail mails with the stamped envelop to show the dates (including those from his family), Western Union Money Remittances Receipts, etc...

5th folder: Photos (in chronological order with captions)

My Interview Experience (CR-1) May2, 2007 @6:30am:

Rob (my husband) and I woke up at 330am and got ready for the interview. We went to the USEM at 435am (14th-15th in line). Rented chairs while waiting near the waiting shed.

5am- Security guard checks for the appointment letter and ID, then we went in for another line just outside USEM.

6am - We were allowed to go in the USEM premises. Then we were given ticket number/stubs (6013).

730am- Number flashed to go to Window 26 for the pre-interiew. The interviewer is a young Pinoy.

• He asked me for my BC and MC.
  • He asked me what was wrong with my BC since NVC forwarded them a copy of the Court Order's Decision I sent to them with regards to my BC correction of entry. He told me to show the CO the original copy of the court's decision.
  • He asked for Rob's W2 and ITR (latest).
  • Then he asked for photos, emails/chats and cards (I gave him 2 folders for that).
  • The he asked me when, where and how Rob and I met? And he asked Rob where and when we got married?
  • The pre-interviewer was so nice, he told us to take a seat and just wait for the final interview.
730am- my name was called at window 16 for the finger scan.

815am- number flashed to go to Window 28. The CO is a young Asian guy who is always smiling and laughing and is really a very nice guy.

• He asked me about the Court's Decision and I told him its just a typo error and he said "Oh, its nothing" and he gave me back my copy.
  • He asked where and how we met? When Rob first came here? And why it took that long? And Rob answered because of his job and its the busy season and he can't just take a leave.
  • He asked Why we got married at Puerto Galera and I told him it was Rob's choice and Rob elaborated and the CO was nodding.
  • He asked how many attended and if I would have wanted more to attend? I said around 30-35 and Isaid no, because that would be more expensive.
  • He looked at the pictures (and there's so many of those I prepared) and he saw my family and friends and Consul sounds happy while Rob was explaining about those pictures (even if I already placed captions with those pictures).
  • He checked Rob's ITR/W2 and then he saw a business permit and he asked Rob: "So, you have your own business?"... And Rob said yes. Then CO said: "Oh, so everything looks fine"... and he gave me back the photo, emails/chats/card folders and Rob's Affidavit of Support Folders.
  • I asked:"Are we approved?"
  • He replied: " YES" (with a big smile) and said to wait again to be called but not to buy tickets yet.
  • Interview with CO took only about 3 minutes tops.
830am: Name called to window 37. The lady gave me back my appointment letter and stapled a pink slip and told us topay Delbros and just wait for about a week if within Manila. Rob asked if we can have it picked up? Due to the excitement, Rob forgot to ask CO if we can do that.

Then we paid Delbros. Lady told us to wait about a week (more than a week if outside Manila).

We are back at the Hotel (Mabini Mansions) 9am!!!

I received my visa after 5 working days in San Pedro, Laguna.

GOOD LUCK on YOUR IR-visa Interview! :thumbs:

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

As long as you really both knew each other more than anybody else, she won't have any problem answering the questions. Tell her to try to relax by chatting with other applicants. That way, when it's her turn, she's already forgotten the nervousness.

Her heart will speak for her! Goodluck!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Timeline
As long as you really both knew each other more than anybody else, she won't have any problem answering the questions. Tell her to try to relax by chatting with other applicants. That way, when it's her turn, she's already forgotten the nervousness.

Her heart will speak for her! Goodluck!

--Mae

Mae has a point here..

During my interview in USEmbassy..I seldom chat with other applicants.So i wouldnt be that much tensed like them.

Although I met this one single mom & i observed that she was very relaxed. Our kids started chatting, so we dont have a choice but to be nice to each other..hehehe

Dong & Dang

02/21/2008.....touched

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.