pak

Few questions about I-485

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello, thanks for all the helpful replies. Here are some questions about I-485 form.

1. First of all, many forms which are filed with I-485 require "2 passport foto" - does it mean we have to submit JUST 2 foto or 2 for each document where it is needed?

2. One has to provide birth certificate - is copy of the translation is ok? Original translation with translator's stamp, etc was filed with 129-F.

3. Also, Form I-94 should be attached. Do they mean the original from the passport or just a copy from passport page with stapled I-94?

3. What's "Address C/O" in part 1?

3. I-94 number that's the 11 digits number on the I-94, right? 9 digits, space, 2 digits - right?

Sorry for silly questions, but we want to double check everything.

Pak

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) Read: http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/04_08_02Photo_flyer.pdf

2) Copy is fine

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

3) Copy is fine

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

4) If mail is being delivered to a third party address like a parent's home. (Care/Of)

5) I-94 # is the Pre-Printed number on the card.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

1) Read: http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/04_08_02Photo_flyer.pdf

2) Copy is fine

3) Copy is fine

4) If mail is being delivered to a third party address like a parent's home. (Care/Of)

5) I-94 # is the Pre-Printed number on the card.

Once again, thank you very much. It seems we need at least 6 passport pictures. Thanks!

1. First of all, many forms which are filed with I-485 require "2 passport foto" - does it mean we have to submit JUST 2 foto or 2 for each document where it is needed?

Two for each form, so if you're filing I-485, I-765 and I-131, send 6 photos.

In practice, people have gotten by without the adequate amount of pictures, because they take your picture at the biometrics appointment anyway. That picture is used at least on the employment authorization card and -- I assume -- on the green card (I don't know because I don't have my green card yet). On the other hand the Advance Parole document bears the picture you send them.

2. One has to provide birth certificate - is copy of the translation is ok? Original translation with translator's stamp, etc was filed with 129-F.

USCIS no longer requires originals with the initial application, but they may ask to see the originals at the interview, if you have an interview.

3. Also, Form I-94 should be attached. Do they mean the original from the passport or just a copy from passport page with stapled I-94?

NEVER separate the I-94 from your passport until you have your green card. Therefore, yes, send them a copy of that page. Send them a front and back copy of the I-94 but do not separate it from your passport.

c/o means Care Of. Only applies if you live at someone else's. You can leave it blank.

3. I-94 number that's the 11 digits number on the I-94, right? 9 digits, space, 2 digits - right?

Correct.

They're not silly, actually they're among the most common ;)

Timeline:

2005-04-14: met online

2005-09-03: met in person

2007-02-26: filed for K-1

2007-03-19: K-1 approved

2007-06-11: K-1 in hand

2007-07-03: arrived in USA

2007-07-21: got married, yay!

2007-07-28: applied for green card

2008-02-19: conditional green card in hand

2010-01-05: applied for removal of conditions

2010-06-14: 10-year green card in hand

2013-11-19: applied for US citizenship

2014-02-10: became a US citizen

2014-02-22: applied for US passport

2014-03-14: received US passport

Two for each form, so if you're filing I-485, I-765 and I-131, send 6 photos.

In practice, people have gotten by without the adequate amount of pictures, because they take your picture at the biometrics appointment anyway. That picture is used at least on the employment authorization card and -- I assume -- on the green card (I don't know because I don't have my green card yet). On the other hand the Advance Parole document bears the picture you send them.

USCIS no longer requires originals with the initial application, but they may ask to see the originals at the interview, if you have an interview.

NEVER separate the I-94 from your passport until you have your green card. Therefore, yes, send them a copy of that page. Send them a front and back copy of the I-94 but do not separate it from your passport.

c/o means Care Of. Only applies if you live at someone else's. You can leave it blank.

Correct.

They're not silly, actually they're among the most common ;)

Thank you for the clarification! Strange that they want the back of I-94 too, there's nothing there except for some instructions. But if they want it, they'll definitely get it :)

I don't know if they want the back of the I-94, but it can't hurt to send it!

Personally I got a work authorization stamp on the back of it, so it was definitely relevant to show them it (just in case).

Timeline:

2005-04-14: met online

2005-09-03: met in person

2007-02-26: filed for K-1

2007-03-19: K-1 approved

2007-06-11: K-1 in hand

2007-07-03: arrived in USA

2007-07-21: got married, yay!

2007-07-28: applied for green card

2008-02-19: conditional green card in hand

2010-01-05: applied for removal of conditions

2010-06-14: 10-year green card in hand

2013-11-19: applied for US citizenship

2014-02-10: became a US citizen

2014-02-22: applied for US passport

2014-03-14: received US passport

You've been so great at answering all of our questions, so we came up with few more :whistle:

1. Clarification: we need to send certified copy of "Marriage Certificate" not "Certified Abstract of Marriage", right? We got both of them from the Recorder.

2. Part 3a states to give name as on I-94 form, but there is no middle name. Actually visa also does not have it. So do we list it as on the form? First and Last only?

3. Part 3b - Relationship. Is it better to put "husband" or "spouse" or it does not mattter?

4. Part 3b again - I am naturalized citizen, should I find and put my old A# there?

5. Part 1 - Expiration of current USCIS status - do we put expiration date from I-94 form or from K-1 Visa from the passport? They are different...

Thank you!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
You've been so great at answering all of our questions, so we came up with few more :whistle:

1. Clarification: we need to send certified copy of "Marriage Certificate" not "Certified Abstract of Marriage", right? We got both of them from the Recorder.

2. Part 3a states to give name as on I-94 form, but there is no middle name. Actually visa also does not have it. So do we list it as on the form? First and Last only?

3. Part 3b - Relationship. Is it better to put "husband" or "spouse" or it does not mattter?

4. Part 3b again - I am naturalized citizen, should I find and put my old A# there?

5. Part 1 - Expiration of current USCIS status - do we put expiration date from I-94 form or from K-1 Visa from the passport? They are different...

Thank you!

1. Marriage Certificate

2. Give the name on the I-94 form

3. doens't matter

4. Yes, if you can. Otherwise write Unknown

5. Visa is dead. Status is derived from the I-94. Use the expiration date on the I-94.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.