Sha2011

Philippines Embassy and Co Sponsorship

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I make about -1,000 short per year according to the poverty guideline. I own a house that's all paid for and I have around 20,000 in my account.

My dad decided to co sponsor my wife. How does this co sponsorship even work ? Does he have to prove by the poverty guideline he can take care of me, my wife, my son, my mother, and himself or would only have to prove he can take care of himself, my wife, and my mom ?????

Some here on Visa Journey have been saying the Manila Embassy no longer takes co sponsors. Is that true ? I am a student and my co sponsor is my father.

February 5, 2011- Engaged

I make about -1,000 short per year according to the poverty guideline. I own a house that's all paid for and I have around 20,000 in my account.

If it was only $1000 short, you could have used your assets to show you can support the beneficiary. That's more than enough based from the poverty guidelines.

My dad decided to co sponsor my wife. How does this co sponsorship even work ? Does he have to prove by the poverty guideline he can take care of me, my wife, my son, my mother, and himself or would only have to prove he can take care of himself, my wife, and my mom ?????
Yes, it does count for everyone, not just your beneficiary. :thumbs:

Some here on Visa Journey have been saying the Manila Embassy no longer takes co sponsors. Is that true ? I am a student and my co sponsor is my father.

As far as I can recall, if a co-sponsor is needed, it must be with immediate relative- parents and siblings.

Good luck on your interview!

Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
does immeadiate include step brothers and sisters ?

no my sisters are not dependents and neither am I. I have a son, so I am fully independent of my dad. My dad's dependents are just my mom right now.

Thanks for wishing me good luck. I notice some on this forum have been saying the Manila Embassy doesn't take co sponsors. I think that is false. Like one person pointed out to many have been approved in Manila with co sponsors. Not to mention, all embassy have to abide by the Department of State rules. Thanks for your help

February 5, 2011- Engaged

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
does immeadiate include step brothers and sisters ?

no my sisters are not dependents and neither am I. I have a son, so I am fully independent of my dad. My dad's dependents are just my mom right now.

Thanks for wishing me good luck. I notice some on this forum have been saying the Manila Embassy doesn't take co sponsors. I think that is false. Like one person pointed out to many have been approved in Manila with co sponsors. Not to mention, all embassy have to abide by the Department of State rules. Thanks for your help

it all depends on the CO :) good luck

Edited by ryza

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.