trekkin2k7

DS230 - James Shortcut V2?

7 posts in this topic

Can't miss it next time, it's pinned on this forum :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=885374

Read through pages 10 and 11 to take note of major changes.

Edited by RandyandRina

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Filed: Timeline

OK, I got a problem here, I'm reading the instructions, and when I generate the barcode and I'm ready to paste it into the 'Coversheet' accordingly, his instructions are not clear as to where to paste this barcode.

First of all, on the link for the MS Word copy of the coversheet, there should only be one page, right? The one that says on top, centered, "National Visa Center BARCODE SHEET, You MUST RETURN THIS PAGE with your....", correct? Yet, in his instructions he says "Then go to the MS Word copy of the DS-230 coversheet and left click on the old barcode that's already at the top, to the left of the words "INSTRUCTION PACKET AGENT." Hit the Delete key. Then click on Paste under the Edit menu (or hit Ctrl + V on the keyboard). The barcode may be underlined -- left click on it again and then de-select the "U" underline button in the MS Word Toolbar."

I don't get it - the file from this link does not have a barcode on top of the page, and nowhere does it say on this sheet "INSRTUCTION PACKET AGENT" - ???? I am thouroughly confused by these instructions, there seems to be a disconnect somewhere...can anyone please help with this??? I am trying to generate this barcode for my DS-230, but am quite frustrated by the confusing instructions.

After all, the page that I have described above, is the only page that we should be generating a barcode on and sending back with our Form, correct??

:help:

Please advise.

Thanks.

Filed: Country: Wales
Timeline

OK, I got a problem here, I'm reading the instructions, and when I generate the barcode and I'm ready to paste it into the 'Coversheet' accordingly, his instructions are not clear as to where to paste this barcode.

First of all, on the link for the MS Word copy of the coversheet, there should only be one page, right? The one that says on top, centered, "National Visa Center BARCODE SHEET, You MUST RETURN THIS PAGE with your....", correct? Yet, in his instructions he says "Then go to the MS Word copy of the DS-230 coversheet and left click on the old barcode that's already at the top, to the left of the words "INSTRUCTION PACKET AGENT." Hit the Delete key. Then click on Paste under the Edit menu (or hit Ctrl + V on the keyboard). The barcode may be underlined -- left click on it again and then de-select the "U" underline button in the MS Word Toolbar."

I don't get it - the file from this link does not have a barcode on top of the page, and nowhere does it say on this sheet "INSRTUCTION PACKET AGENT" - ???? I am thouroughly confused by these instructions, there seems to be a disconnect somewhere...can anyone please help with this??? I am trying to generate this barcode for my DS-230, but am quite frustrated by the confusing instructions.

After all, the page that I have described above, is the only page that we should be generating a barcode on and sending back with our Form, correct??

:help:

Please advise.

Thanks.

Link to the correct cover sheet: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&id=3936

Filed: Country: Wales
Timeline

I think the purpose of the upper, smaller barcode is to be able to scan the document while it is in a window envelope. NVC can quickly identify or track a package without typing in the name or opening the envelope. Consequently it seems to have a purpose only before it is mailed to you.

But do not leave it unchanged to make sure they do not scan the small barcode by accident instead of the large one. If you cannot manage to create and place the small barcode I think it is better to have no smaller barcode on the coversheet than have the wrong one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think you're using the OLD coversheet version. The new one has the Statue of Liberty in blue on the top left corner of the page. The barcode goes on top of your name next to the "INSTRUCTION PACKET AGENT" box, and the case number goes at the very bottom of the page.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Timeline
I think you're using the OLD coversheet version. The new one has the Statue of Liberty in blue on the top left corner of the page. The barcode goes on top of your name next to the "INSTRUCTION PACKET AGENT" box, and the case number goes at the very bottom of the page.

Diana

But that is the coversheet that is per the link in the JSC....so what gives? And the one that is from the link, looks an awful lot like the ones that NVC sends out, just like the one I got for the I-864, so why should the DS-230 be different?

And besides, since the JSC is dated back in May 2007, what does the current coversheet look like? How can I get it and revise it to generate my own barcode and coverheet???

The return envelope that you send back to NVC for the DS-230, does it actually have a window on it?? The one I got for the I-864 does not have a window....

Thanks again for the help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.