Alt name

Anger at USCIS and security

126 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have so much anger at this system. IF: you are a company employee, and sponsored, and go back to your home country, get married, guess what? Your spouse will be here in less than 6 weeks. Through the state department. IF: you are a foreign worker, that a company has requested, you are right here on US soil in 2-6 weeks. If you are a US citizen, work here, live here, you have to wait for months? This process isnt about security, it's about money and that our lawmakers have put families last.

Under Reagan, it took 6 weeks to bring your spouse or children here. Under the administrations that followed, it takes a few weeks to bring employees here and months to keep your family together.

I have resentment at that, just listening to talk of family values and really seeing what is valued here and what has happened to our country over the last few years. It makes me sick inside.

SO........I know this.......this impotent guy who took over Delay's seat.....is out. When the agencies and their interpretations take over the ones who make and create the laws......its time for change across the board.

Im calling this one for 2008 <grin>......

David and Nitadyah

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It was a real kick in the pants waiting in Canada, not even being allowed to come to the US and visit while watching on TV all the illegals "marching for their rights" in the US.

We were compliant with the law, had filed all the correct paperwork, USCIS knew who I was, where I lived and everything else there is to know about me, where my husband lived and everything there is to know about him, but yet I couldn't even come for a visit?

Sure I understand due process, but why make it so difficult for the people who are doing it the legal and proper way?

Its true, but even in from Canada visits are allowed, right? Last year i drove from alaska to wash state on way home back south and it seemed easy to cross the border.....what makes me mad is unless i go to jakarta, which takes a small amount of time, we just have to wait and wait to be together...

I have friends, engineers, who lightly do what they want because they are from other countries and are only here on sponsored visas, good people, but it really makes me mad to see that "homeland security?" either bypasses them or there is another way for spouses to get to this country that we dont get to enjoy or dont have rights too...

the USCIS told me...in person... "those are non-immigrant visas" my reply is "a K3 is non-immigrant right?" they said "oh but a K3 is intending eventually to immigrate permenantly" my reply was "yes, but at least they are here, right? and explain, what is important is that they are here, and the K3 intention was to quickly allow a spouse to be here while the permenant petition is processed, right?"

The ####### i talked to, and she wasnt american either, said "well, thats a different situation"

(laughing) i live in houstion. I know how many illegals are here, cmon. IF, after 8 weeks, the USCIS couldnt find me, with 53 pages of documents, address, phone, parents pedigree, 10 years of job history and address history, and a check, for 2 months? U think they could locate an illegal?

It was a real kick in the pants waiting in Canada, not even being allowed to come to the US and visit while watching on TV all the illegals "marching for their rights" in the US.

We were compliant with the law, had filed all the correct paperwork, USCIS knew who I was, where I lived and everything else there is to know about me, where my husband lived and everything there is to know about him, but yet I couldn't even come for a visit?

Sure I understand due process, but why make it so difficult for the people who are doing it the legal and proper way?

[/quote

Filed: Other Timeline
Under Reagan, it took 6 weeks to bring your spouse or children here.

And that was how many years prior to September 11, 2001?

And....

In 1986, Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA). The act made it illegal to knowingly hire or recruit illegal immigrants, required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status, and granted amnesty to approximately 3 million illegal immigrants who entered the United States prior to January 1, 1982 and lived there continuously. Critics of the act claim that its laws subjecting employers to sanctions were without teeth and that it failed to stem illegal immigration.[97] Upon signing the act at a ceremony held beside the newly refurbished Statue of Liberty, Reagan said, "The legalization provisions in this act will go far to improve the lives of a class of individuals who now must hide in the shadows, without access to many of the benefits of a free and open society. Very soon many of these men and women will be able to step into the sunlight and, ultimately, if they choose, they may become Americans." -- from Wiki

And...

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA)

"Public Law 99-603 (Act of 11/6/86), which was passed in order to control and deter illegal immigration to the United States. Its major provisions stipulate legalization of undocumented aliens who had been continuously unlawfully present since 1982, legalization of certain agricultural workers, sanctions for employers who knowingly hire undocumented workers, and increased enforcement at U.S. borders." -- from uscis.gov

Edited by rebeccajo

Illegals are easy to find- just go to Home Depot and Lowes. :)
That's really unnecessary.

Unnecessary maybe but not untrue. :P

What's the point?

I'm unendingly amazed at the amount of negative foreign-born chatter we have on this website for it being a community of people who are bound to an immigrant for life.

And don't give me that nonsense about how we all did it legally and that makes us different.

Anti-immigrant is anti-immigrant. It feeds the ugliness in mainstream America over immigration, which comes back to bite everybody who immigrates in the butt. Legal or illegal entry.

What's the point?

The point was simply that the statement, while maybe unnecessary, was not untrue. I thought that was pretty clear.

Anti-immigrant is anti-immigrant.

Thank you for drawing my attention to the obvious. Red is red. Blue is blue. Now I've got to ask: What's the point? :P

And yes, I'm just messin' with you.

It feeds the ugliness in mainstream America over immigration, which comes back to bite everybody who immigrates in the butt. Legal or illegal entry.

On this one, however, I do think you're underestimating the capabilities of America and Americans to differentiate.

What's the point?

The point was simply that the statement, while maybe unnecessary, was not untrue. I thought that was pretty clear.

Anti-immigrant is anti-immigrant.

Thank you for drawing my attention to the obvious. Red is red. Blue is blue. Now I've got to ask: What's the point? :P

And yes, I'm just messin' with you.

It feeds the ugliness in mainstream America over immigration, which comes back to bite everybody who immigrates in the butt. Legal or illegal entry.

On this one, however, I do think you're underestimating the capabilities of America and Americans to differentiate.

Maybe. But not a lot.

I'm of the opinion that since most of America doesn't fully comprehend the immigration bereaucracy, they can't understand why so many people go illegal.

I'm also of the opinion that most of America doesn't care if you are a legal or an illegal entrant when it comes to American jobs being 'taken away' by non-citizens.

I really believe that when we who are married to immigrants speak negatively of other foreign born persons, we give off some pretty weird signals.