NeverSeen

Photo "blog" from Vietnam

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

SURPRISE! there is a little bit of time in the afternoon where everyone is sleeping and i am bored. So... i decided to post some pictures of whats going on while i'm here online to share with all my friends and family back home. I'll post the links up here while I'm at, just because :).

Roast Duck Lunch

It's been a couple months since i had roast duck back home so i decided to have some here. Good stuff!

I have a ton of pictures already and its only my second day here, but unfortunatly i'm using DSL and Dell and not really liking it :). Depending on my fustration level with this thing i may or may no put up a lot more pictures while i'm here.

2-22-08 - I-485 rev'd

2-27-08 - NOA1

3-17-09 - Transferred to Cali.

4-12-08 - Biometrics

4-22-08 - Touch

4-28-08 - EAD received.

...waiting...

3-04-09 - Had to renew the EAD :(

3-04-09 - Got annoyed at being outside of the processing window

3-04-09 - Called and they confirmed. Will contact me within 45 days.

3-05-09 - Date on the EAD NOA1

3-12-09 - Received a confirmation email that I am outside of the window and will get a decision in 60 days.

3-12-09 - TOUCH!!!

3-27-09 - Touch!

5-09-09 - Randomly received the renewed EAD Card... w/ wrong A# :(.

Timeline

Oh there will be pictures :). I'm working on uploading another 100 pictures of a typical moto ride with Tram to downtown and back again. I won't be traveling outside of HCMC this time. I'm just here for 2 weeks visiting Tram. I'm having the hardest time convincing her to show me her city.

It goes like this:

Tim: "I want to go to ___"

Tram: "No, I hate, they will all say, you buy buy buy"

or

Tram: "No, it is too hot, I am too lazy"

or

Tram: "No, it is too far"

or

Tram: "No, I don't want my skin black, later at night"

or

Well, you get the picture heheh. The worst part? I can't argue with her. If I try to, she just looks away and ignores me... nice... heheheh. Now she is trying to pawn me off on her mom if i want to go out and do things. I'm like... right... and then i will die of thrist because i don't know how to speak vietnamese heheh.

How on Earth do i get this girl to take pride in her city and culture??? Oh well, i'll just keep nagging her until she caves in heheh.

Oh another thing, because i'm such a "Handsome American" It bothers her that people talk too much about me and try to get me to buy things, and she HATES when they raise the prices because i am with her. She is more than happy to stop everything and go get me something but does not always like to bring me along because of the prices.

/Rant

2-22-08 - I-485 rev'd

2-27-08 - NOA1

4-12-08 - Biometrics

4-22-08 - Touch

4-28-08 - EAD received.

...waiting...

3-12-09 - Received a confirmation email that I am outside of the window and will get a decision in 60 days.

3-12-09 - TOUCH!!!

3-27-09 - Touch!

Timeline

Lunch at Aunt Hue's House

It's been a couple months since i had roast duck back home so i decided to have some here. Good stuff!

An Afternoon Ride in Saigon

These are pictures I took while on the way to and from the duck vendor.

Enjoy.

Edited by NeverSeen

2-22-08 - I-485 rev'd

2-27-08 - NOA1

4-12-08 - Biometrics

4-22-08 - Touch

4-28-08 - EAD received.

...waiting...

3-12-09 - TOUCH!!!

3-27-09 - Touch!

Timeline

or

or

or

or

Well, you get the picture heheh. The worst part? I can't argue with her. If I try to, she just looks away and ignores me... nice... heheheh.

LOL I went through the same thing. Doesnt it suck? Their decisions are so final and not up for negociations. To think I was worried that my SO would be submissive to the point of being boring. LOL

My current arguement is I want to go back when she gets the visa to accompany her on the travel to the US, but she says it is a waste of money. I told her I am worried she will get lost in airports and she replied "Then you will be unlucky to have lost me" ...grrrrrr

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Oh there will be pictures :). I'm working on uploading another 100 pictures of a typical moto ride with Tram to downtown and back again. I won't be traveling outside of HCMC this time. I'm just here for 2 weeks visiting Tram. I'm having the hardest time convincing her to show me her city.

It goes like this:

or

or

or

or

Well, you get the picture heheh. The worst part? I can't argue with her. If I try to, she just looks away and ignores me... nice... heheheh. Now she is trying to pawn me off on her mom if i want to go out and do things. I'm like... right... and then i will die of thrist because i don't know how to speak vietnamese heheh.

How on Earth do i get this girl to take pride in her city and culture??? Oh well, i'll just keep nagging her until she caves in heheh.

Oh another thing, because i'm such a "Handsome American" It bothers her that people talk too much about me and try to get me to buy things, and she HATES when they raise the prices because i am with her. She is more than happy to stop everything and go get me something but does not always like to bring me along because of the prices.

/Rant

Sounds about right.

I'll suggest going somewhere and its too hot. When she wants to go, its never too hot.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Great pics! Couldn't access the one regarding the ride to/from the duck vendor!

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Timeline
My current arguement is I want to go back when she gets the visa to accompany her on the travel to the US, but she says it is a waste of money. I told her I am worried she will get lost in airports and she replied "Then you will be unlucky to have lost me" ...grrrrrr

That's what she said about my 2nd trip (the current one), now she could not be more happy that i am with her. I pretty much just bought the tickets and told her "Sorry, no refunds" and she gave in heheh.

Their decisions are so final and not up for negociations. To think I was worried that my SO would be submissive to the point of being boring. LOL

That is what all my friends think about her being submissive... man will they get to find out otherwise!

I'll suggest going somewhere and its too hot. When she wants to go, its never too hot.

So very true! I continued pushing her about going places and she finally said "Fine, but i will not go to Ben Thanh Market with you" She hates getting hounded by everyone just because i am with her. She told me her mom will take me anywhere that she will not.

Yesterday i was bored and alone (Tram at school, sister at school, Mom at work) so her Mom came by and picked me up to work with her for an hour. She is basicly a messenger that does paperwork for everyone. She knew everyone from the guy on the side of the road to all the police officers and everyone in the government buildings she went to. It was a blast :). I got to see all the new developments in Q2 (TONS of new 4 story houses going up) as well as all the poverty and jungle looking area as she got outside of the city.

yup, welcome to VN.... they cover from head to toes...hahahaa.... over here you pay to have your skin tan, over there, they pay to have their skin white

The best part? I live in the Tampa Bay area. I'm 15 minutes away from about 10+ beaches, 364 days of sun a year in my city and it stays about the same toasty humid weather until the very end of winter when we get a couple of cold days. I have a Jeep that I drive with the top down and a Subaru with a sunroof that i'm not about to close. She already told me she hates both, and will buy her own car and will not get tan. She gets such a devestated look on her face when i talk about being tan, and then she hates on me because i'm out in the sun all the time and i'm still lighter than she is hehahha.

That's all for now, we'll see what this afternoon has in store for me. I might put up some pictures of all the food i've been eating. (It cracks her mom up that i'm taking so many pictures and last time i was here i didn't take very many at all).

2-22-08 - I-485 rev'd

2-27-08 - NOA1

4-12-08 - Biometrics

4-22-08 - Touch

4-28-08 - EAD received.

...waiting...

3-12-09 - TOUCH!!!

3-27-09 - Touch!

Timeline

Current Visit in Oct/Nov:

It's been a couple months since I had roast duck back home so I decided to have some here. Good stuff!

Cooking With Tram

We made some Ka-Bobs today!

Previous Visit in March:

Vietnam

This is just some pictures I shot while I was there last time.

Tram in Da Lat

These are some pictures I took of Tram during our honeymoon in Da Lat.

Wedding Pictures That Did Not Make the Cut

These are some pictures from the studio that we did not use, but my mother decided to post them online. Thanks...

Wedding Ceremony

Our wedding day pictures.

Pictures of Tram and I

Some more pictures of the two of us.

Another round of Tim and Tram Pictures

As the title says :).

Enjoy.

2-22-08 - I-485 rev'd

2-27-08 - NOA1

4-12-08 - Biometrics

4-22-08 - Touch

4-28-08 - EAD received.

...waiting...

3-12-09 - TOUCH!!!

3-27-09 - Touch!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Wow I love the one of you starting the charcoal fire, was that on a patio I hope and not inside the house?

Current Visit in Oct/Nov:

It's been a couple months since I had roast duck back home so I decided to have some here. Good stuff!

Cooking With Tram

We made some Ka-Bobs today!

Previous Visit in March:

Vietnam

This is just some pictures I shot while I was there last time.

Tram in Da Lat

These are some pictures I took of Tram during our honeymoon in Da Lat.

Wedding Pictures That Did Not Make the Cut

These are some pictures from the studio that we did not use, but my mother decided to post them online. Thanks...

Wedding Ceremony

Our wedding day pictures.

Pictures of Tram and I

Some more pictures of the two of us.

Another round of Tim and Tram Pictures

As the title says :).

Enjoy.

I-130...CR-1

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

07/26/06 NVC assigns case #, Wife e-mails choice of agent to NVC

10/10/06 Receive, complete and submit I-864 and DS-230

04/02/07 Back to Taiwan for visit and Interview

04/06/07 Received CR-1 visa

04/10/07 POE through Detroit

04/30/07 2 Year Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

01/10/09 File I-751 at VSC

06/24/09 Received 10 year GC

Citizenship

07/27/10 Filing Date for N-400

08/03/10 Check cashed - as of 8/26 never received NOA so made InfoPass

08/31/10 InfoPass for Biometrics

11/10/10 Interview Date, Passed

02/18/11 Scheduled oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I am a little confused by your timeline. You have applied for a K-1 visa but are already married. Is there something about getting married in VietNam that does not make you "married"? Should you not be filing a K-3?

SURPRISE! there is a little bit of time in the afternoon where everyone is sleeping and i am bored. So... i decided to post some pictures of whats going on while i'm here online to share with all my friends and family back home. I'll post the links up here while I'm at, just because :).

Roast Duck Lunch

I have a ton of pictures already and its only my second day here, but unfortunatly i'm using DSL and Dell and not really liking it :). Depending on my fustration level with this thing i may or may no put up a lot more pictures while i'm here.

I-130...CR-1

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

07/26/06 NVC assigns case #, Wife e-mails choice of agent to NVC

10/10/06 Receive, complete and submit I-864 and DS-230

04/02/07 Back to Taiwan for visit and Interview

04/06/07 Received CR-1 visa

04/10/07 POE through Detroit

04/30/07 2 Year Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

01/10/09 File I-751 at VSC

06/24/09 Received 10 year GC

Citizenship

07/27/10 Filing Date for N-400

08/03/10 Check cashed - as of 8/26 never received NOA so made InfoPass

08/31/10 InfoPass for Biometrics

11/10/10 Interview Date, Passed

02/18/11 Scheduled oath ceremony

Timeline
Wow I love the one of you starting the charcoal fire, was that on a patio I hope and not inside the house?

Yup, they have a nice little patio out from of her house that we used. It did not stop the house from getting a little smoky but it all worked out okay :).

I am a little confused by your timeline. You have applied for a K-1 visa but are already married. Is there something about getting married in VietNam that does not make you "married"? Should you not be filing a K-3?

Someone always notices that :). We had a traditional wedding and party for her family. This will count as our traditional engagement party. We did not file paperwork for the marriage. Because we had a traditional wedding Tram and I and all of our families in VN and States side consider ourselves married.

An update on going out:

Last night Tram said we were going to go to a theater to watch people sing in vietnamese. I'm thinking traditional ping ping pong dong type music and girls in Ao Dais. I was wrong! We ended up at a night club watching a variety show. It was one heck of a blast but MAN did they get me on drinks! we spent $20 on 2 drinks and a plate of fruit (i could eat for like 5 days off that here hhehehahah) and tram was kind enough not to finish her drink and i barely touched the fruit. Ah well, it was still fun :).

Right now i'm about to leave to go eat breakfast and then we are going to a museum. I guess she overread me whining about not going anywhere hahaha.

More to come!

2-22-08 - I-485 rev'd

2-27-08 - NOA1

4-12-08 - Biometrics

4-22-08 - Touch

4-28-08 - EAD received.

...waiting...

3-12-09 - TOUCH!!!

3-27-09 - Touch!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.