Susan + Gill

No Work Lots Of Love

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guinea Bissau
Timeline

Hi Everyone<

I'm new to the site, and I must say after reading for most of the day that I feel so sad.

I'm In love with a man From Senegal for two years now, I wanted to bring him hear on a K1 visa but

after reading everything it seem impossiable. I have been on dissabilty for 7+ years, and my money is little. I have no family support, my sister who has money and a great partner thinks I'm crazy to talk to any one on the internet.

So guy's If I could get the money to go to Dakar, get married over there will he be able to leave Africa then, and what would the cost be for him to get out?

I realy love him and I know that God's timming is everything, I just pray that there is still hope for us!!

Thanks for reading this, and I will be praying for all you guy's that all your heart's be full with the love you want and you visas come quickly!

Love to all,

Susan + Gill

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone<

I'm new to the site, and I must say after reading for most of the day that I feel so sad.

I'm In love with a man From Senegal for two years now, I wanted to bring him hear on a K1 visa but

after reading everything it seem impossiable. I have been on dissabilty for 7+ years, and my money is little. I have no family support, my sister who has money and a great partner thinks I'm crazy to talk to any one on the internet.

So guy's If I could get the money to go to Dakar, get married over there will he be able to leave Africa then, and what would the cost be for him to get out?

I realy love him and I know that God's timming is everything, I just pray that there is still hope for us!!

Thanks for reading this, and I will be praying for all you guy's that all your heart's be full with the love you want and you visas come quickly!

Love to all,

Susan + Gill

before u can file on a spouse or fiance visa which is k1,k3,cr1. u still have to visit the person atleast once b4 u can plan to bring him here, so u still have to go to senegal and be with him for a while, alteast couple of days even engage if u re going on k1 route, then u have to keep the record of most of the communication btw. u 2, pics that shows both of u together and his family, ur flight ticket, hotel accomodation if one,etc. but if u re getting married with him on ur trip after marriage, then when u get back to state u can file in for spouse visa cr1 or k3 depend on u. finally if u earn little u need co-sponsor, not compulsory to be ur sister could be friend, if am wrong someone should help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guinea Bissau
Timeline

Hi Everyone<

Love to all,

Susan + Gill

before u can file on a spouse or fiance visa which is k1,k3,cr1. u still have to visit the person atleast once b4 u can plan to bring him here, so u still have to go to senegal and be with him for a while, alteast couple of days even engage if u re going on k1 route, then u have to keep the record of most of the communication btw. u 2, pics that shows both of u together and his family, ur flight ticket, hotel accomodation if one,etc. but if u re getting married with him on ur trip after marriage, then when u get back to state u can file in for spouse visa cr1 or k3 depend on u. finally if u earn little u need co-sponsor, not compulsory to be ur sister could be friend, if am wrong someone should help.

Hi and thanks for the info!

What he has told me is that I come there and we could stay with friends in his compound, get married then they will grant him a visa out and we could fly back together. I know this sounds to simple, what papers do i need to take if this is possiable.

Hi Everyone<

Love to all,

Susan + Gill

what he suggested is not possible at all, after u get married with him u have to come back to US to start the application, u can prepare all the forms along with u so both of u can fill it together once to save the hassle of mailing some forms later in the day wich is gonna cost money and time, u need form i-130, then G-325A BIOGRAPHY form it has 4 pages both of u has to fill the 4 pages each and sign it, but if u want him in US faster u can apply for both i-130 and i-129f wich is for k3, so if he come on k3 visa then he will adjust status, it is up to u, u can go to uscis website to read about the forms, and the application procedure

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Read the guides here on VJ (tab on top of page ) and decide which type of visa you would prefer. There is a lot of information on each step and which forms to fill out.

Then come back and formulate the questions you may still have.

Dakar is a tough embassy to go through and most everyone goes into additional processing ( AP ) which can take months to a year to more

after your initial interview.

USCIS approval takes about 4-6 months. NVC about one month. Waiting for initial interview a couple of weeks. Then the 1. interview, then

AP and then the 2. in depth interview unless you are one of the few to make it through the 1. interview.

The more visits you make and the longer you stay helps in bona fide relationship evidence, but you are only required to meet once within the last 2 years before filing.

You need a cosponsor.

This is a long, tough and expensive journey.

I filed July 2006 and we are still waiting on a 2. appointment after 10 months on AP.

If you think he is your soul mate then go for it.

Another option would be to file DCF ( direct consular filing ) but I don't know if Dakar does it and how long you have to reside in Senegal to qualify.

That may go a little quicker, not sure though.

Best wishes !

Read the guides here on VJ (tab on top of page ) and decide which type of visa you would prefer. There is a lot of information on each step and which forms to fill out.

Dakar is a tough embassy to go through and most everyone goes into additional processing ( AP ) which can take months to a year to more

USCIS approval takes about 4-6 months. NVC about one month. Waiting for initial interview a couple of weeks. Then the 1. interview, then

AP and then the 2. in depth interview unless you are one of the few to make it through the 1. interview.

The more visits you make and the longer you stay helps in bona fide relationship evidence, but you are only required to meet once within the last 2 years before filing.

You need a cosponsor.

I filed July 2006 and we are still waiting on a 2. appointment after 10 months on AP.

Another option would be to file DCF ( direct consular filing ) but I don't know if Dakar does it and how long you have to reside in Senegal to qualify.

Best wishes !

omoba i can see that u have a big experience about senegal emabassy, precisely i could say all american embassy in afica re tough they re known for fraud, so it's not gonna be easy the way ur husband says but with GOD evrything is possible u could be the lucky one as omoba says, keep ur heads up and do more reseach before u take any step, then find out about the direct consular filing, if it works then see what u can do about it. best of luck to u .

You need a cosponsor.

Best wishes !

omoba i can see that u have a big experience about senegal emabassy, precisely i could say all american embassy in afica re tough they re known for fraud, so it's not gonna be easy the way ur husband says but with GOD evrything is possible u could be the lucky one as omoba says, keep ur heads up and do more reseach before u take any step, then find out about the direct consular filing, if it works then see what u can do about it. best of luck to u .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You are welcome to VJ family. As you are told by others. You need to first visit him before things could work out for you. Is my prayer your dreams come thru in the Lord

Good Luck

3-21-2007 - MAILED I-129F TO CALIFORNIA CENTER

3-28-2007 - RECEIPT WAS RECIEVED WITH NUMBER

6-04-2007 - I-129F WAS APPROVELED

6-10- 2007- A MAIL WAS RECIEVED WITH APPOVAL

6-22-2007 - A NOTICE MAIL WAS RECIEVED FROM NVC

7-11-2007 - PETITION FORWARDED TO US EMBASSY IN GHANA.

9-18-2007 – MY BABY SENT E-MAIL TO THE CONSULAR FOR RELIESING OF PARKET 3.

9-21-2007 – I CALLED THE US EMBASSY AND THE CO ASKED ME TO COME AND PICK PACKET 3 ON MONDAY

10-11-2007- PICKED UP PACKET 3 & 4 WITH INTERVIEW DATE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good Luck! The process is long and hard, but you have to visit him first and foremost before you can file for anything. Do you have to reside in the US to receive your disability payments? Maybe you can spend some time in Senegal with him.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Good Luck! The process is long and hard, but you have to visit him first and foremost before you can file for anything. Do you have to reside in the US to receive your disability payments? Maybe you can spend some time in Senegal with him.

Welcome to the African Forum Susan and Gill,

I think Zainab has brought up a valid point..If you do not have to reside in the USA to recieve your disability and if your health condition permit you to stay in Senegal, then why not try it out...Afterall, to be with your loved in Senegal and spend some quality time with in person is crucial not only for the filing of the visa process but to bring your relationship to another level. Good luck to you and please keep us posted!

March 8, 2010 N-400 priority filing date

April 21, 2010-biometrics apppointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

Akatagirl and Zainab: stated my feelings exactly only more beautifully and tactfully than I could have. If you are considering taking this big of a step (i.e., marrying this man and starting the process to bring him to the States) then I suggest going to Senegal first to meet with him in person, spend some time together and make sure the timing is right. In the meantime I suggest researching here even more and learning all you can about the visa process so that you can know for yourself. Good luck to you!

Edited: also meant to ask is your S.O. in Senegal or Guinea-Bissau? You said in your post that he is in Senegal, but you have the flag from Guinea-Bissau in your profile. Just curious.

Edited by taurean

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Susan,

Welcome to VJ like people above me said it takes a lot of time and it's process is kinda hard but with God it's going to be a success. Remember when you get to Africa take TONS OF PICTURES together with him and his family members it's going to stand as a proof of having met in person and that you have a legitimate relationship going on..

Please feel free to ask questions on here we are your family here on sub sahara region.

Good Luck,

Jamil

Met online

Filed for K1--> Denied 2005

-------------------------------------------

Married and filed for K3 2006

Got K3 this time --->August 2007

Entered the US-----> September 2007

Waiting to Adjust Status--->..............

***Live Like You Are Going To Die Tomorrow,

Dream Like You Are Going To Live Forever!***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.