Tunisianlover

Hello does anyone know the answer to this!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

To the OP's original question: just print out the form in English, explain it to him (I forgot and mine had to ask me what he was signing :blush: ) then have him sign it.

I'm in the same boat, my SO only speaks French, Arabic, and Spanish. Just make sure that you have written comunications in the language you communicate in (Italian) and you should be fine. It helps that you met in Italy and were living there so it is no stretch of the imagination that you two would both speak the language ;)

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
To the OP's original question: just print out the form in English, explain it to him (I forgot and mine had to ask me what he was signing :blush: ) then have him sign it.

I'm in the same boat, my SO only speaks French, Arabic, and Spanish. Just make sure that you have written comunications in the language you communicate in (Italian) and you should be fine. It helps that you met in Italy and were living there so it is no stretch of the imagination that you two would both speak the language ;)

:yes:

I can think of at least two couples in the MENA forum who were approved with the beneficiary speaking little or no English because the couple shared another common language. They spent an extended period of time living in the same place, just as you have done. Just document everything, and have that written proof, just as everyone should.

As for the letter of intent, as others have said, it's fine to have it in English. He just needs to know what it says on the off chance that they show it to him at the interview and ask him what he signed.

Best wishes.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sounds like you have it all figured out. Job and everything. Good luck.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

I wouldn't write something in english and just have him sign it if he doesn't understand the language, they may question it and say that he doesn't know what he signed. I would have him write it in arabic and then have it translated. There are a few couples that communicate in a 3rd language, as long as you can prove how you communicate you should be fine.

Michaela

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My then fiance and I only spoke to eachother in French at the time of our interview. We proved through emails in French that we shared a common language. When Hicham was asked how I speak French he explained that I lived there when I was younger. We wrote our affidavits of intent to marry in English and he signed his, then had his Dad and Sister sign as witnesses. Not one of them spoke any English at that time. No questions asked about it during the interview or in the initial packet.

Sarah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.