twolove

vsc Has had my money order for 91 days ... help

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

mailed my I 130 july 27 to VCS..then I called after 90 days they put a trace on it. I was tyold some one personaly would look for my case...greaaate so gave me a ref num and told me to wait a little more ....so i did two days later i called and a very honest phone person told me that they cant do the search with out then having have had imput my imfo and having had giving me a RECEIPT num.....so any advice please help :help::help:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
mailed my I 130 july 27 to VCS..then I called after 90 days they put a trace on it. I was tyold some one personaly would look for my case...greaaate so gave me a ref num and told me to wait a little more ....so i did two days later i called and a very honest phone person told me that they cant do the search with out then having have had imput my imfo and having had giving me a RECEIPT num.....so any advice please help :help::help:

If you have sent a money order, you could check to see if it has been cashed. You could call the customer service of the money order company and give the money order number they will be able to tell that. (hope you made copy of it)

If you sent a personal check you could check it by checking your bank account. they usually say that in the back of check you could see your case number.

In my case, I called them and gave my full name and alien number then they gave me the receipt number.

since it's been 90 days now they should have cashed.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had this happen to me in 2004. I contacted my local Congress office for the area I lived in and someone in her office was able to contact the service center and talk to someone. They found out my paperwork was just siting on someones desk and not taken to my case worker. Try doing the same trust me they will help you because they want your votes. I even got a call on Christmas Eve telling me what they found.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I had this happen to me in 2004. I contacted my local Congress office for the area I lived in and someone in her office was able to contact the service center and talk to someone. They found out my paperwork was just siting on someones desk and not taken to my case worker. Try doing the same trust me they will help you because they want your votes. I even got a call on Christmas Eve telling me what they found.

i live in dc who do i talk to ...there is no congress person....mayor or?

If you have sent a money order, you could check to see if it has been cashed. You could call the customer service of the money order company and give the money order number they will be able to tell that. (hope you made copy of it)

If you sent a personal check you could check it by checking your bank account. they usually say that in the back of check you could see your case number.

In my case, I called them and gave my full name and alien number then they gave me the receipt number.

since it's been 90 days now they should have cashed.

no not cashed did the money order thing at the post office i call every day....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.