Wyatt and Pim

NOA1 Not Recieved After 90 Days - Called for Status

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with USCIS customer service to report that I haven't yet recieved an NOA1 after 90 days and they gave me a referral number after taking some info about me and the fiance with instructions to call back after 30 more days if nothing changes. I just realized with horror that I gave them the wrong birth year for Pim (fiance) as one of the pieces of info they asked for. Will this cause any problems? I know I'm probably being paranoid, but I definetly don't want anything to hold up this process anymore than necessary as I'm sure everyone here understands.

Can anyone soothe my worried soul?

Also, can anyone tell me what this call will actually do for my case?

Many Thanks.

Edited by Wyatt and Pim

2007-07-19: I-129F Sent

2007-07-24: Received and pending (from online check with reiciept # off back of check)

2007-09-24: Called for status since I never recieved NOA1. Given referal number with instructions to call again if nothing changes in 30 days.

2007-11-10: NOA 1 Recieved! Stated that address was "corrected"!?!

Filed: Timeline
Hi All,

I just got off the phone with USCIS customer service to report that I haven't yet recieved an NOA1 after 90 days and they gave me a referral number after taking some info about me and the fiance with instructions to call back after 30 more days if nothing changes. I just realized with horror that I gave them the wrong birth year for Pim (fiance) as one of the pieces of info they asked for. Will this cause any problems? I know I'm probably being paranoid, but I definetly don't want anything to hold up this process anymore than necessary as I'm sure everyone here understands.

Many Thanks.

Call them back with the corrected information.

Supposedly your call will trigger some kind of investigation on their end. Kinda sad that you're supposed to wait yet 30 more days. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes just call them back and give them the correct info much like the change of address issue...but other than that; they will send you RFE if they need more evidence. As for you to wait 30 more days for NOA1...I think you will get sooner than that. I got mine in 68 days; and that was 4 days prior to me calling them asking for the status...and they told me the same thing to wait 30 more days...but the email said it was mailed out 1 1/2 month prior to receiving the hard copy.

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Hi All,

Many Thanks.

hey im on the same boat but you should call and ask if they could do the SeaRch without a receipt num......i was told no so...i was told to wait a little more i sounds like the whole system is about 3-4 monthes behind...kinda sucks sorry.... :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

That's really bad news for me as well since I filed at the same service center as you and my fiancee is from the same country. Wonder if there's something particular that made them hold up your case or if they are just months behind schedule.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-Harry Burns

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi!

Look what happened to us. We sent our paperwork mid july. We never got the NOA1. Every time I called they told me that there was a lot of work and that I had to wait 90 days. On the 90th day I called and I said I was still waiting. Then they told me they would transfer me to a second level agent (first time I get transfered). The second level agent asked me for my info and told me THAT MY NOA1 WAS ISSUED A WEEK AFTER THEY RECEIVED MY PAPERWORK... end of july. Immediatley she gave me my number and I registered online.

The physical NOA1 got lost in the mail. Even though I got the NOA1 by end of july, they never told me about it... i had to wait 90 days to finaly found out! So its just patience.. maybe ask and insist to call to a second level agent.

Good luck

Our Timeline

-----------------------------------

January '04: met in the USA

July 16 2007 : sent the I-129F

July 18, 2007: received by CCS

July 27, 2007: received NOA1

Nov 29, 2007 - received email that it was approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.