overlooking

need some advise

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all of you VJer's!! I'm not a new member here..My problem goes like this..I had my visa already ..I don't feel like going. I was pressured by my family to go for it as he was a nice person. I know my fiance loves me but I lost interest on him since we lived together and then started the petition..We are in the on and off relationship.I've fallen in love to my friend and I don't know I just felt like I'm blown away whenever we talked. I never felt like this to my fiance though we been together for quite a while..Nothing happens between me and my friend..just purely talks and expressing our inner feelings to each other..My friend knew all about us ..everything. I opened up to him my situation and he is okay. But waiting of my decision if I will pursue my fiance or choose him. He wanted to petition me also...

I've heard to some people that once you had a previous k-1 visa then didn't go to the US you will be denied by the USEM because of the breach of an oath. How true is that? What if we broke up does it matter?How long should I wait before another petioner will be allowed to petition me? Do I need to return the documents that the USEM sent me?

Please......... I need your ears and your opinion on this matter.I don't know what to do...Any advice will be highly appreciated..Thanks!!

Ms.Joyce

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't marry a guy because he's a good guy. Cancel the visa and pursue a relationship based on love. Cancelling the visa will not prohibit you from getting one in the future.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

If you don't love the person then don't do it.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

:thumbs: 110% agree.

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Timeline
Don't marry a guy because he's a good guy. Cancel the visa and pursue a relationship based on love. Cancelling the visa will not prohibit you from getting one in the future.

Thanks for the kind reply..ANother question ..How long should I wait before another petioner will be allowed to petition me? Do I need to return the documents that the USEM sent me?

Ms.Joyce

Timeline

How long should I wait before another petioner will be allowed to petition me? Do I need to return the documents that the USEM sent me? Thanks again for your help..This site really helped me a lot..

Ms.Joyce

How long should I wait before another petioner will be allowed to petition me? Do I need to return the documents that the USEM sent me? Thanks again for your help..This site really helped me a lot..

Ms.Joyce

If you don't send the forms back to the embassy the petition will be cancelled.

Are you already thinking of getting someone else to petition you?

Just curious, where are you from?

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

Ms.Joyce

To answer your question, YES...I'm from Philippines. The other guy wanted to file me a petition. That's why I asked here to know more info. I got my visa approved and Delbros delievered it. So, I will send back the documents that I am going to bring to the US Immigration at the USEM? Just curious on what to do..Thanks!!!

Ms.Joyce

Wait until you you are sure that this is the person you want to marry (take lots of time to get to know them -- time actually together and not just on the phone/internet) and that you are sure you won't change your mind again. You are young and have plenty of time. Invest the time to be sure this is the best thing for your future before anything is filed.

You should contact the consulate and tell them you want to cancel the visa.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline

Ms.Joyce

To answer your question, YES...I'm from Philippines. The other guy wanted to file me a petition. That's why I asked here to know more info. I got my visa approved and Delbros delievered it. So, I will send back the documents that I am going to bring to the US Immigration at the USEM? Just curious on what to do..Thanks!!!

My friend is coming here next month to spend time with me. I know my situation is really weird. Both of the guys loves me and will wait until I'm ready to decide who shall I choose. Thank you so much for the advice!! God bless!!

Timeline

Ms.Joyce

Wait until you you are sure that this is the person you want to marry (take lots of time to get to know them -- time actually together and not just on the phone/internet) and that you are sure you won't change your mind again. You are young and have plenty of time. Invest the time to be sure this is the best thing for your future before anything is filed.

You should contact the consulate and tell them you want to cancel the visa.

My friend is coming here next month to spend time with me. I know my situation is really weird. Both of the guys loves me and will wait until I'm ready to decide who shall I choose. Thank you so much for the advice!! God bless!!

It seems to me that you have alot of soul searching to do. I don't envy you on your situation, but at the same time you brought it upon yourself. Ultimately it seems that you didn't invest enough time and effort into your initial relationship. You planted it and let it start growing, but never let it fully bloom. Good luck with your situation. I do wish you nothing, but good fortune.

David

AOS TIMELINE

12.08.07 - Got married

03.03.08 - Sent AOS package to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Express Mail

03.04.08 - AOS Package Received by V Bustamante USCIS Chicago IL

03.07.08 - Notice Date on NOAs

03.10.08 - Money order cashed

03.11.08 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765 & I-131

03.14.08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03.16.08 - Case viewed online

03.25.08 - I-485 Application transferred to CSC

03.29.08 - Received Transfer Notice frm USCIS in the mail

04.01.08 - Biometrics Appointment Schedule @ 1:00 PM USCIS-Dallas

04.01.08 - Received CSC receipt notice of I-485 (Case received & pending at CSC)

04.01.08 - I-485 & I-765 Touched

04.02.08 - I-485 Touched again

04.29.08 - Received EAD & AP Approval Notice from CRIS

05.05.08 - EAD Touched

05.06.08 - EAD & AP Touched

05.07.08 - Received EAD card & AOS Touched

05.08.08 - Received AP documents & AOS Touched

05.09.08 - AOS Touched (5/12-13, 15,19)

05.29.08 - AOS APPROVED

06.06.08 - Approval Notice & GREEN CARD Received

03.30.10 - Sent I-751 Package to Vermont Service Center

04.01.10 - I-751 received by D. Renaud @ VSC

04.06.10 - Check Cashed

l3ye.jpg.png

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

I believe your fiance has invested time, energy and finances into the K1 because he loves you and definitely deserves someone who does not

look over the fence for greener pastures.......they may appear greener but also have a higher water bill !

You are not buying a pair of shoes that you are trying on for size here.

It is my opinion that you may not be ready for either one and sound like a player.

Both will wait until you make up your mind ? Sad indeed. Both should move on and give you time to reflect by yourself.

It bugs me that you were so insincere to allow this process to go on for so long and having someone on the side who is now planning

to meet you while guy # 1 patiently looks on and waits what you decide ?!

Grow up.

I believe your fiance has invested time, energy and finances into the K1 because he loves you and definitely deserves someone who does not

look over the fence for greener pastures.......they may appear greener but also have a higher water bill !

You are not buying a pair of shoes that you are trying on for size here.

It is my opinion that you may not be ready for either one and sound like a player.

Both will wait until you make up your mind ? Sad indeed. Both should move on and give you time to reflect by yourself.

It bugs me that you were so insincere to allow this process to go on for so long and having someone on the side who is now planning

to meet you while guy # 1 patiently looks on and waits what you decide ?!

Grow up.

Wonderfully said. I was attempting to be a bit nicer. Thanks for voicing both of our opinions.

AOS TIMELINE

12.08.07 - Got married

03.03.08 - Sent AOS package to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Express Mail

03.04.08 - AOS Package Received by V Bustamante USCIS Chicago IL

03.07.08 - Notice Date on NOAs

03.10.08 - Money order cashed

03.11.08 - Received NOAs for I-485, I-765 & I-131

03.14.08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03.16.08 - Case viewed online

03.25.08 - I-485 Application transferred to CSC

03.29.08 - Received Transfer Notice frm USCIS in the mail

04.01.08 - Biometrics Appointment Schedule @ 1:00 PM USCIS-Dallas

04.01.08 - Received CSC receipt notice of I-485 (Case received & pending at CSC)

04.01.08 - I-485 & I-765 Touched

04.02.08 - I-485 Touched again

04.29.08 - Received EAD & AP Approval Notice from CRIS

05.05.08 - EAD Touched

05.06.08 - EAD & AP Touched

05.07.08 - Received EAD card & AOS Touched

05.08.08 - Received AP documents & AOS Touched

05.09.08 - AOS Touched (5/12-13, 15,19)

05.29.08 - AOS APPROVED

06.06.08 - Approval Notice & GREEN CARD Received

03.30.10 - Sent I-751 Package to Vermont Service Center

04.01.10 - I-751 received by D. Renaud @ VSC

04.06.10 - Check Cashed

l3ye.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.