trippletest

Temporary Visa to file for Divorce in the USA

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Would I have to apply for a temporary nonimigrant visa that would allow me to enter the USA to file for divorce?

If so, after divorce is attained, can I continue to file for AOS to LPR or will it affect my status?

Reference thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1280494

Edited by trippletest

Where are you now? The USCIS isn't going to issue a visa for you to come to the U.S. to do a divorce.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Where are you now? The USCIS isn't going to issue a visa for you to come to the U.S. to do a divorce.

I'm in mexico. What Visa would it be?

Trippletest,

You claim to have an approved I-130 (immigrant petition), although I question whether or not you do and I recommend you consult with a competent attorney. To address your specific question, no one needs to come or go to another country to divorce.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Trippletest,

You claim to have an approved I-130 (immigrant petition), although I question whether or not you do and I recommend you consult with a competent attorney. To address your specific question, no one needs to come or go to another country to divorce.

diadromous mermaid,

Your posts have helped me the most. Because of your advice I understand many things now that I have never known and understood before. Don't loose faith in me please. Your replies are keeping me going into the right direction. I have lost my connection to the world coming to mexico. I grew up in the states and everything I know is american. I've had to face many burndens and overcome many differences to even get a phone, computer, internet and finally today; Voip service so I can call the states for USCIS, immigration lawyers and family lawyers for divorce.

I am not posting bogus information (my situation is very serious) and I always prefer to remain anonymous on the internet. And it takes me time to post because I am mostly working long hours.

I want and need to gather as much accurate information so I can resolve my problems within the next 2 weeks so I can go back to my home in California, USA; I cannot stand being here in mexico; I'm desperate to go back home.

Thank you diadromous mermaid,

Trippletest

Another thing worth mentioning, diadromous mermaid, that on the USCIS online case status account shows Last Updated: 07/05/2002 I-130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN for myself, my mother and brother with the same dates.

Edited by trippletest

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.