The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Flippin' Comcast! I had finished composing a perfectly formulated and detailed response to my girlfriend's email... hit the 'send' button and..... nothing. Error..... we cannot blah blah blah. Entire thing lost. :angry: Yeah. That's Comcastic.

I know what you mean. In SLC it was OK but in Spokane it sucked, good thing we had the cantenna out. :devil: I'm on Bell and they're OK but the wi-fi works rather poorly when it rains or snows, power lines leak EM interference which plays havoc with the signal. Bell is much better than Comcastic though. I have lost so many replies on VJ but all my e-mails are saved first, that way I don't lose them. I don't correspond via e-mail for personal reasons (primarily business) very much, though.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Timeline

B1tching about Comcast, are we?????

Well, I'll join the club. About 2 months ago, the MoFos took away the most important thing in my life: THE SOAP NETWORK :crying:. Man, that's just mean, though Bren was cool with it until National Geographic went the way of the Dodo bird :P

I phone Comcast and they tell me "uh-oh, you should have NEVER had those channels to begin with".... jerkkkks. i will sooooooooo cancel when our year is up.

So, to summarize:

comcast-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well I am having trouble with the magicjack phone today. The audio is choppy and I can't seem to do anything to correct it. Contacted their technical support and they want me to try it with a non-cordless phone. yeah.

Timeline
B1tching about Comcast, are we?????

Well, I'll join the club. About 2 months ago, the MoFos took away the most important thing in my life: THE SOAP NETWORK :crying: . Man, that's just mean, though Bren was cool with it until National Geographic went the way of the Dodo bird :P

I phone Comcast and they tell me "uh-oh, you should have NEVER had those channels to begin with".... jerkkkks. i will sooooooooo cancel when our year is up.

So, to summarize:

comcast-1.jpg

Evil Televisionistic Powers!!!! Beourgeoisie exploiters of the working class!!! False materialistic messianists!!!!! :lol: I've heard people call Comcast much worse. But what, pray tell, will you do without television? Poor Bren. :devil:

BTW, I only watch NFL-Network, TVLAND and the news. Despite what my sister says, I do not watch Playboy, Club Jenna or anything else of that ilk, I swear. :innocent:

IR5

Filed: Timeline
Well I am having trouble with the magicjack phone today. The audio is choppy and I can't seem to do anything to correct it. Contacted their technical support and they want me to try it with a non-cordless phone. yeah.

Are you with Comcast? :lol:

Kinda sounds like my experience with Embarq. They majorly screwed up BIG TIME when we first moved in here. :angry: Had them out twice to fix their lines. I'm not going to go into the major problems we had which compounded exponentially (actually, I think I posted about it last year... lol) but the 2nd time they had me outside with a screwdriver disconnecting the junction box and testing their equipment. Yeah. Not a big fan of the Embarq people.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Are you with Comcast? :lol:

Kinda sounds like my experience with Embarq. They majorly screwed up BIG TIME when we first moved in here. :angry: Had them out twice to fix their lines. I'm not going to go into the major problems we had which compounded exponentially (actually, I think I posted about it last year... lol) but the 2nd time they had me outside with a screwdriver disconnecting the junction box and testing their equipment. Yeah. Not a big fan of the Embarq people.

Still better than Qwest in Wyoming. :crying:

IR5

Buying a house in NJ when you are in Canada SUCKS! :angry:

I want to be there :crying:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We have decided to try Vonage. Husband just went up to radioshack to see if he could procure a modem, but they are closed for the night, so will try tomorrow.

You're buying a house? Did I miss something? :unsure:

Nick is looking at homes, yes.

I didn't get the promotion at work.

He is house hunting and I'm here.

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Timeline

You're buying a house? Did I miss something? :unsure:

Nick is looking at homes, yes.

I didn't get the promotion at work.

He is house hunting and I'm here.

That's terrible. NJ has many fine areas, I just hope you're not planning to live in Cherry Hill, could be mucho pricey. :crying:

IR5

That's terrible. NJ has many fine areas, I just hope you're not planning to live in Cherry Hill, could be mucho pricey. :crying:

lol

No Cherry Hill.

We are looking in Bergen/Passaic/Essex counties.....

Sigh.

Have you seen the houses in Alpine??? OMG INSANE! Want to own your own Mansion with bowling alley, 4 indoor pools, ballroom, full size movie theatre and 15 bathrooms for 58 million dollars? Look there, honestly.

Some of the "houses" (I wouldn't even call them houses) are out of this world....insane.

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Timeline

lol

No Cherry Hill.

We are looking in Bergen/Passaic/Essex counties.....

Sigh.

Have you seen the houses in Alpine??? OMG INSANE! Want to own your own Mansion with bowling alley, 4 indoor pools, ballroom, full size movie theatre and 15 bathrooms for 58 million dollars? Look there, honestly.

Some of the "houses" (I wouldn't even call them houses) are out of this world....insane.

That's crazy, it isn't worth more than 40 million tops. :lol: Unfortunately many rich NY urbanites have their country homes in NJ, it's been that way for years. :crying: Alpine is always in the top ten list of most expensive counties to purchase real estate in the US.

IR5

That's crazy, it isn't worth more than 40 million tops. :lol: Unfortunately many rich NY urbanites have their country homes in NJ, it's been that way for years. :crying: Alpine is always in the top ten list of most expensive counties to purchase real estate in the US.

Nick lives near by there and took me driving through. I was amazed.

Then when we started looking at homes, we looked (for fun) online at those houses and were like "Oh perfect, We'll take 2" LOL

Then we went and looked at the crappiest pieces of ####### that was on the website and had a good laugh too.

:) We had fun that day.

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.