USMA

Calling Cards & Sending money from Morocco to US

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Does anyone know if there is a way for my fiance to send me money from Morocco to the US? He said that there is no way for him to send money unless I am his wife or family. There has to be a way! He wants to send the $170 for the Fiance Visa because I don't have the money right now to do it.

Also, does anyone know of a good calling card to call a Morocco cell from a US cell? It costs me $.68/min from my cell and all of the calling cards I've bought end up costing close to that with all of the hidden charges. Are there any calling cards out there that actually do have the minutes they say they do?

Playing the waiting game for him to be here in the meantime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Does anyone know if there is a way for my fiance to send me money from Morocco to the US? He said that there is no way for him to send money unless I am his wife or family. There has to be a way! He wants to send the $170 for the Fiance Visa because I don't have the money right now to do it.

Also, does anyone know of a good calling card to call a Morocco cell from a US cell? It costs me $.68/min from my cell and all of the calling cards I've bought end up costing close to that with all of the hidden charges. Are there any calling cards out there that actually do have the minutes they say they do?

Brenda

Brenda... my experience has been that it is very difficult for your habibi to send money OUT of Morocco to you... unless it was a sales transaction. But, there will be other members who can help you better than I.

As for calling cards, I have a calling plan on my home phone... and I only pay .17 cents per minute. I used to get calling cards, and I found them at the little minit marts owned by the Indians here where I live. I know that there are some people who have used other different cards, and they will chime in to let you know what has worked for them.

Good luck on your visa process.

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Timeline
You your fiance can do a bank transfer from his account to yours.

Rebecca

Jamal tried to do that once before Becca... and they would not allow it. Maybe things have changed since then tho.

114959908992789.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Brenda

No way to send money out of Morocco....sorry......unless it's from a parent to a child attending school/.college abroad......

and IDT is a good card to use....you can get it on-line and it keeps a record of your calls too......and you can regester up to 5 numbers to dial from...and it's 18 cents/minute to landline or cell phone...to MOROCCO

[i'll look for the link]

Mary K

Here's the link:

http://www.idt.net/personal/cards/gc/

Edited by maryandatif

Mary (NC) Atif (Youssoufia)

NOA2 for 129F on 16 Nov 2005......NOA2 for I-130 on 28 Nov 2005

INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 9AM[GMT] 27 FEBRUARY 2006-Issued 221g for Validity of relationship....told being sent back to USCIS/Atif Received Visa On 10 March 2006

AOS/EAD

10 July 2006--signed I-485 and I-765

25 July 2006 recieved NOA-1 for both

18 Aug 2006 Biometrics Appt.

21 Oct 2006 EAD arrives in mail

26 Dec 2006 received aapt.->01 Feb 2007 AOS interview->CANCELLED! rescheduled 01 Aug 2007-waiting

09 Feb '07-received denial of AOS--#######??!! MTR filed--Interview-01 Aug 07

27 Sept '07-I-765 [#2] filed--14 Nov '07 Biomerics for I-765 [#2]

Take it from me....GO TO THE AOS INTERVIEW DATE ANYWAY!!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET THE SNAIL MAIL NOTICE!!!

August 2009--Permanent Resident Card arrives!!!!

We are Finished with Immigration for 10 years!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Will morocco allow money gram from there to US? Money is not allowed to enter nor go out of Morocco. Also, I have used pennytalk to make calls to morocco i think it was .33/per min. Maybe someone else can give you a better choice.

Timeline
Will morocco allow money gram from there to US? Money is not allowed to enter nor go out of Morocco. Also, I have used pennytalk to make calls to morocco i think it was .33/per min. Maybe someone else can give you a better choice.

fatimah... anyone can send money INTO Morocco... but, the difficulty comes in sending money OUT of Morocco... other than business transactions. Even immediate family transactions to send money OUT of Morocco is questioned extensively.

you can SEND money to someone in Morocco through Western Union... and there are even some places on the internet where you can get a "money card"... and post money to the card and have it delivered to the designated person in Morocco...

my Jamal was never able to send money out of morocco... he had even bought some art supplies and tried to send money out of Morocco to pay for them... and his bank would not let him (because they felt it was not a REAL business)... the system there is very very controlled.

114959908992789.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes the girls are right ,you can t send money out of Morocco unless you are sending it to a student ,

my Mom tried to send me money but there is no way .

The only way is that if your fiance has freind / family member in the US they can send you the money and he can send that amount of money (in Dirhams ) back to that freind's family in Morocco.it s how Moroccans do it.

good luck!

Farah

dev296pr___.png

My blog

quick funny jokes

http://www.mentallyjumbled.com/

01-22-2006:arrived to Miami airport with CR1 visa

02-06-2006 :Received 1st Welcome to America Notice

02-08-2006 :Received 2nd Welcome to America Notice

02-10-2006:Received GREEN CARD!!! EXP 01/22/2008

10-12-2007: I-751 received at TSC

12-01-2007 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-20-2007:BIOMETRICS

1-12-2008-Card production-email notification received

1-15-2008:Approval notice -email notification received

1-18-2008: 10 y green card arrived!!

12-03-2008: N 400 RECEIVED at TSC

12-09-2008: CHECK $675 cashed

12-12-2008:NOA RECEIVED

03-30-2009: biometric date received locaton:Oakland park,FL

04-13-2009:biometrics

06-19-2008:INTERVIEW

06-24-2009:oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

true that to all comments....no money in.

Farah...good idea, never thought of that!!

-Sarah

Sarah and Otman

Naturalization interview: August 25th

Oath Ceremony: September 17th!!! woo hoo.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
true that to all comments....no money in.

Farah...good idea, never thought of that!!

-Sarah

yes, i meant you can send money by western union or money gram. actually money gram is much cheaper than western union and they just go to the bank and get it transfer to their DH. this is what i do many times.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm not sure about the money transfers from Morocco, but as for the calling cards, I use http://www.pingo.com/rates.do and http://www.gorillamobile.com/. I'm always on my cell phone and I can use my cell phone with these companys. Plus I always know what I am going to be paying. No hidden charges. :D

Edited by Aymerlu

I am totally in love with IDT http://www.idt.net/personal/cards/ I was using the little convenience store calling cards for awhile, but it was a huge rip-off. IDT cards charge 18 cents a minute to Morocco (landline or cell) and they dont charge until someone actually picks up the phone on the other end. Faboo stuff :)

As for sending money, my fiance ran into the same wall: cant wire money to anyone but relatives. However, I did get to bring a goodly amount of Dirhams home from my last trip to Morocco and my bank (Wells Fargo) exchanged them without a problem. If you're willing to take a chance, you can have your fiance send well-concealed cash to you. On the flip side, Im not sure the best way to do that, since I had the cash on me the whole way home. Hope this helps! Best of luck to you! :)

Brenda

Looks like your question's already been answered, but I wanted to say, welcome to the forum :D

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.