andy28

Flying back to the U.S. using only the return flight??

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys,

Here's my deal...I'm currently living in Brazil with my fiance and we've started to look for flights back to the U.S.

Even though I'm living here in Brazil, could I buy 2 round-trip tickets from the U.S. (by the Internet of course) and use only the return tickets to go back to the states?

(The taxes here in Brazil are very high and buying through the states would be much cheaper.)

Does anybody have any ideas???

thanks,

andy

-------------------------------

AOS Process

3/10/06---Pamela and I arrive in the states from Brasil

3/23/06---We got married!!!!yeh!!!!!

4/11/06---Our first NOA for the I-485 and I-765

5/20/06---Our green card interview was scheduled for 7/28/06

6/03/06---We moved to Phoenix, AZ and had to cancel our interview

7/15/06---Our rescheduled green card interview (WOW! Only 10 days after our initial 1st interview)

8/07/06---Green Card Approved!!!! (Now only the wait by mail)

8/14/06---Received "Welcome to the USA" letter in the mail.

8/18/06---YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! Received Green Card today!(actually it should be called

the White Card, ha)....immigration free for 2 years!!

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Filed: Other Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

i dont think so i remember hearing or reading something about that if you dont take the first flight of a one round trip then it is cancels the return, and being international then it is even more strick, but i really think that you should ask the airline, they will give you the lastest info.

Filed: Other Timeline

Nah it won't work.

I wanted to use the last leg of a round-tripper that flew right into and out of his hometown - they didn't offer one-ways on it.

I posted this question on here last fall and all the members who work in the airline industry confirmed that if you don't use the outbound flight, the inbound is considered cancelled.

Filed: Timeline
Why purchase round trip tickets, if neither one intends to return?

Often, a round trip ticket is much less expensive that a one-way. Check with your airline, some times there are restrictions on purchasing airline tickets for travel initiating from another country.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks everyone for your advise!!

I really have a lot of work to do :(

andy

-------------------------------

AOS Process

3/10/06---Pamela and I arrive in the states from Brasil

3/23/06---We got married!!!!yeh!!!!!

4/11/06---Our first NOA for the I-485 and I-765

5/20/06---Our green card interview was scheduled for 7/28/06

6/03/06---We moved to Phoenix, AZ and had to cancel our interview

7/15/06---Our rescheduled green card interview (WOW! Only 10 days after our initial 1st interview)

8/07/06---Green Card Approved!!!! (Now only the wait by mail)

8/14/06---Received "Welcome to the USA" letter in the mail.

8/18/06---YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! Received Green Card today!(actually it should be called

the White Card, ha)....immigration free for 2 years!!

Andy---USA

Pâmela---BRAZIL

Filed: Timeline
Hey guys,

Here's my deal...I'm currently living in Brazil with my fiance and we've started to look for flights back to the U.S.

Even though I'm living here in Brazil, could I buy 2 round-trip tickets from the U.S. (by the Internet of course) and use only the return tickets to go back to the states?

(The taxes here in Brazil are very high and buying through the states would be much cheaper.)

Does anybody have any ideas???

thanks,

andy

No, andy you can't. I looked into this last year & was told by the airline that if I wasn't on the outbound leg of the journey, they would consider the ticket voided.

• 6 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Guys whats up!~~~!!!

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.