i 29f last i guess this is a form of fiance visa

those are the forms

and only forms

have done each once

with my present wife

never done before with anyone else

thanks

billy

And why did you decide to apply for a fiance visa? They won´t approve that when you are already married. You have to fight for your marriage visa to be approved. Where is it stuck? In USA or in Cambodgia Embassy?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i don´t know that...I don´t know why they would let her here as your fiance while she is your wife...but maybe it works like that...anyone knows? ...but if you are sad that your I-129f fiance visa hasn´t been approved yet then read K1 discussion threads on waiting for an approval...people who filed in May are being approved right now...so if you filed 2 months ago, you will still have to wait till about January 2008 for an approval...depends on how fast it goes...sorry about that...but they should definately do something with your marriage visa application cuz it shouldn´t be taking that long :thumbs:

ok, i don´t know that...I don´t know why they would let her here as your fiance while she is your wife...but maybe it works like that...anyone knows? ...but if

No.

You cannot file the 1-129F visa for your WIFE.

It is for engaged couples only. It is to bring your unmarried fiance/fiancee to the U.S. to be married there, in the U.S.

To bring your wife to the U.S. you can file the K-3 Spousal visa or the IR-1/CR-1 visa.

It's all up at the top in the Guides.....

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Timeline

yes that is true but if our marriage visa has gone into investigations, which i'm told it has, then i would think the 2 would be klinked and thety would not aprove the 129 f either since i'm aleady in ivestiogations, but i don't know, thats what i'm trying to find out

they won't tell me anything

just that i should feel free to contact them if i don't hear anything within 6 monthes

i just can't believe i would be treated this way

it doesn't make any since to me

thanks

billy

yes that is true but if our marriage visa has gone into investigations, which i'm told it has, then i would think the 2 would be klinked and thety would not aprove the 129 f either since i'm aleady in ivestiogations, but i don't know, thats what i'm trying to find out

they won't tell me anything

just that i should feel free to contact them if i don't hear anything within 6 monthes

i just can't believe i would be treated this way

it doesn't make any since to me

thanks

billy

"Investigations" ? What investigations, did they give you any idea as to what they are investigating?

You filed for the K-3 spousal in 2006 correct? Then you filed for the I-129F Fiance visa (K-1) 2 months ago? If you did, why? The fiance visa is for unmarried couples....

What is the status on your K-3 I-130 Visa petition from 2006?

You need to call another lawyer. (One that specializes in Immigration.)

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 got married nov 2005

applied for i30 feb 2006

applied for i29f sep 2007

went to congressman last week

whats next ?

I am not sure but it seems to me that your are pretty confused about the forms and the types of the visas. You said first you filed for marriage visa after you got married and 2 months ago you filed K3 visa. And now here you are saying first it was I-130 and 2 months ago I-129f. Let me clarify that marriage visa is called K3 and the form is I-130 and fiance visa is called K1 and the form is I-129f. If you don´t tell us what you did when and why, it´s pretty difficult to give you an advice...

You have it wrong.

K3 visas require both the I-130 and the I-129F.

If you file an I-130 alone and never follow it with an I-129F, you are applying for a CR1 or IR1 visa for a spouse.

I-129F alone is the K1 fiance visa path.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
ok, i don´t know that...I don´t know why they would let her here as your fiance while she is your wife...but maybe it works like that...anyone knows? ...but if

No.

You cannot file the 1-129F visa for your WIFE.

It is for engaged couples only. It is to bring your unmarried fiance/fiancee to the U.S. to be married there, in the U.S.

To bring your wife to the U.S. you can file the K-3 Spousal visa or the IR-1/CR-1 visa.

It's all up at the top in the Guides.....

This thread belongs in the K3 forum.

There is nothing wrong with the combination of petitions PBILLY filed.

There is no such thing as an I-129F visa. It is a petition. The petition is used for either a fiance or a spouse. To use the I-129F for a spouse, one must first or simultaneously file an I-130 petition. The two petitions gets you on the K3 route.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

You have it wrong.

If you file an I-130 alone and never follow it with an I-129F, you are applying for a CR1 or IR1 visa for a spouse.

Now this makes more sense!

If this is what the OP did...who should he be contacting if they told him it's gone to investigations?

Thanks for clearing that up Pushbrk.

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Timeline
You have it wrong.

Now this makes more sense!

If this is what the OP did...who should he be contacting if they told him it's gone to investigations?

Thanks for clearing that up Pushbrk.

He's stuck in an administrative process that will have to run its course. His only additional option is to hire an attorney to file a writ of mandimus. I don't advise it until he sees what happens with his I-129F.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

thyen ypu believe the fiance visa can still be ok'd even while my fiance visa is in the investigative process?

thats what i would like to know, at leastone thing

and what is a writ of mandimus?

thanks

now were getting somewhere

i'm not rich and i don't want to fork ovwer a bunch of money to a attorney that can do nothing,

if my first attorney would of gone with the fiance route with the marriage in the first place this would have been already resolved, at least the fiance part, she might have already been here, but thats history, he lied and thats that

thanks for any and all help

billy

Timeline
thyen ypu believe the fiance visa can still be ok'd even while my fiance visa is in the investigative process?

thats what i would like to know, at leastone thing

and what is a writ of mandimus?

thanks

now were getting somewhere

i'm not rich and i don't want to fork ovwer a bunch of money to a attorney that can do nothing,

if my first attorney would of gone with the fiance route with the marriage in the first place this would have been already resolved, at least the fiance part, she might have already been here, but thats history, he lied and thats that

thanks for any and all help

billy

Sorry, it's Mandamus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandamus

You've got to stop referring to a fiance visa. You don't have a fiance. You have a wife. You've filed an I-129F for spouse. What you want to have approved is that petition which, when approved, would allow your wife to apply for a K3 visa.

Yes, I think your I-129F could still be approved but if it gets together with your I-130 petition like it is supposed to, it will have done you no good and potentially doomed you to a far more expensive K3/AOS process.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

the lady that does the imigration cases for congressman jerry lewis, whow i spoke with told me that when it takes this long to get aproved they never do

she basically told me to just forget it, that it was going to be denied had no sympathy and thought the process was just, do you think this is not true and it could still be aproved, and that this happens and people still get ok's

becouse i am going to keep fighting i'll go broke if i have to and sell everything

i made a committment to my wife and i am going to keep it.

this tough and its hard hetting real answewrs,

thanks for your help

and , would like to know if anyone else has had to wait this long, and what would you think the maxim amount of time they would make someone wait, like this?

any one know of any good imigration lawyers thaty are familiar with the cambodian side would this help?

someone told me i should go back to cambodia and go to the embassy there or call there, but i think that would be a waste

what do you think

thanks again

billy

This thread belongs in the K3 forum.

There is nothing wrong with the combination of petitions PBILLY filed.

There is no such thing as an I-129F visa. It is a petition. The petition is used for either a fiance or a spouse. To use the I-129F for a spouse, one must first or simultaneously file an I-130 petition. The two petitions gets you on the K3 route.

Cool :thumbs: Good to know that :thumbs:

Timeline
the lady that does the imigration cases for congressman jerry lewis, whow i spoke with told me that when it takes this long to get aproved they never do

she basically told me to just forget it, that it was going to be denied had no sympathy and thought the process was just, do you think this is not true and it could still be aproved, and that this happens and people still get ok's

becouse i am going to keep fighting i'll go broke if i have to and sell everything

i made a committment to my wife and i am going to keep it.

this tough and its hard hetting real answewrs,

thanks for your help

and , would like to know if anyone else has had to wait this long, and what would you think the maxim amount of time they would make someone wait, like this?

any one know of any good imigration lawyers thaty are familiar with the cambodian side would this help?

someone told me i should go back to cambodia and go to the embassy there or call there, but i think that would be a waste

what do you think

thanks again

billy

Based on what you've said, yes, I think your I-130 can still be approved. However, I have no idea how much more there is to the case than what you've said. I think you need an attorney in your corner to represent you but I'd give that I-129F some more time before taking any additional action.

If there's an actual reason to deny your petition, you probably know what it is. If you don't then it is likely to eventually be approved.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.