luvbugs4ever

EAD card production ordered for my Daughter, while mine is NOT?

7 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

Just wondering if my case is normal, we are K3/K4 visa holder and we filed for our AOS and EAD last July 27th, had our biometrics yesterday October 10th. Prior to biometrics i can't add our case #s in my portfolio in the uscis.gov site, so i thought it might have something to do with our biometrics and yes today i tried to add it an it was a success! BUT when i checked the status i got surprised because my daughter a 3 y.o. EAD status is already "card production ordered" and mine is still the same as what the NOA1 says. Why is it that my daughter's EAD is already approved and mine is not? Just a little confused and worried. :help: :help: :help::wacko: Anyone with the same situation as mine here?

009.gif

Hi everybody,

Just wondering if my case is normal, we are K3/K4 visa holder and we filed for our AOS and EAD last July 27th, had our biometrics yesterday October 10th. Prior to biometrics i can't add our case #s in my portfolio in the uscis.gov site, so i thought it might have something to do with our biometrics and yes today i tried to add it an it was a success! BUT when i checked the status i got surprised because my daughter a 3 y.o. EAD status is already "card production ordered" and mine is still the same as what the NOA1 says. Why is it that my daughter's EAD is already approved and mine is not? Just a little confused and worried. :help::help::help::wacko: Anyone with the same situation as mine here?

That is interesting and I'm sorry but I don't have an answer. Just wondering though why you applied for EAD for your 3 y.o.? Since you filed before the fee changed, you would have had to pay for her EAD application separately. It's something that people normally don't apply for children below working age.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

It has happened in the past. Hopefully you will hear something soon. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Hi everybody,

Just wondering if my case is normal, we are K3/K4 visa holder and we filed for our AOS and EAD last July 27th, had our biometrics yesterday October 10th. Prior to biometrics i can't add our case #s in my portfolio in the uscis.gov site, so i thought it might have something to do with our biometrics and yes today i tried to add it an it was a success! BUT when i checked the status i got surprised because my daughter a 3 y.o. EAD status is already "card production ordered" and mine is still the same as what the NOA1 says. Why is it that my daughter's EAD is already approved and mine is not? Just a little confused and worried. :help::help::help::wacko: Anyone with the same situation as mine here?

That is interesting and I'm sorry but I don't have an answer. Just wondering though why you applied for EAD for your 3 y.o.? Since you filed before the fee changed, you would have had to pay for her EAD application separately. It's something that people normally don't apply for children below working age.

Hi _xplain',

Well to answer your question on why we applied for my daughter's EAD that's because we wanted to get an SSN and we can't get it without EAD/GC. Obtaining EAD is faster than GC as what we learned so we filed for it in hoping that we can also apply for SSN the soonest possible time. I knew that my daughter doesn't need EAD since she is only 3 and can't work yet, i suggested that we should just wait for her GC to save some $$$ but my husband insisted, so we filed EAD for SSN purposes. I hope my explanation answered your curiousity.

I guess i'll just patiently wait 'til INS approve my EAD, am not in a hurry to work anyway, but we are in a hurry to apply for our SSN :blush: .

009.gif

Thank you for the explanation. I hope you get your EAD approval soon!

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The biggest reason I can think of her getting approved faster is BECAUSE of the age situation. The FBI namecheck may have gone through faster and the age may have pushed it along 10% quicker. We shall see, yours should be following soon I would think!

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

The biggest reason I can think of her getting approved faster is BECAUSE of the age situation. The FBI namecheck may have gone through faster and the age may have pushed it along 10% quicker. We shall see, yours should be following soon I would think!

:dance: :dance: :dance: Just checked my email tonight a minute earlier and have mail waiting for me from CHRIS and it says: Case Status: Card production ordered!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: It was ordered on October 12th, but just received the email update now. :blush:

bradcanuck, that's what i thought too cuz i remember during my fingerprints, i saw on the screen saying 53 matches :wacko::blink: Thank you for posting a response about my concern. God Bless!

009.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.