MaRoul

Douple Residence

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Greetings all!

I am engaged to a Haitian citizen and we are getting ready to send off our I-129F petition. I have a question about the G-325 form. It asks for all addresses in the last 5 years. At the current time I maintain two addresses, one in the USA and one in the Dominican Republic? Do I put them both? I want to use the USA address as my premanant address for all immigration dealings, but I don't want to withold the information that I also stay in the DR.

I have heard that the visa is processed through the embassy where the US citizen lives, not where the foreign fiance lives, if the US citizen lives abroad. I don't want to process our visa through the DR, as the waiting list for an interview is over 3 years long. Is this true?

Any advice or suggestions?

Maria

10/16/07 Sent off our I-129F petition

10/18/07 Delivery confirmation from CSC

10/26/07 Check was processed and I got our case number! NOA1 is supposedly in the mail.

11/09/07 Touched for the very first time!! Exciting!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Greetings all!

I am engaged to a Haitian citizen and we are getting ready to send off our I-129F petition. I have a question about the G-325 form. It asks for all addresses in the last 5 years. At the current time I maintain two addresses, one in the USA and one in the Dominican Republic? Do I put them both? I want to use the USA address as my premanant address for all immigration dealings, but I don't want to withold the information that I also stay in the DR.

I have heard that the visa is processed through the embassy where the US citizen lives, not where the foreign fiance lives, if the US citizen lives abroad. I don't want to process our visa through the DR, as the waiting list for an interview is over 3 years long. Is this true?

Any advice or suggestions?

Maria

The consulate assignment where K1 visa will be processed is based on where you fiance lives not you an US citizen. Check if there is a US consulate in Haiti and if they process K1 visas. Some consulates do not process K1.

As for the address, I would definitely show them the US address as the main one, and would add an additional page to the form with a comment, that you maintain an additional address in the DR. i guess it also depends on how much time you spend in which country.

For the future - when you need to write you affidavit of support for the visa interview, make sure you have your income as the US income not DR.

5 Feb 2007 NOA1

1 May 2007 NOA2

12 July 2007 Interview in Vancouver, RFE

17 July 2007 Visa in hand

18 July 2007 Arrived in the US

07 Aug 07 Married

29 Aug 07 Applied for AOS

20 Oct 07 Biometrics scheduled

Timeline

Thank you very much Keisha.

I will list both addresses and place an explanation. I work for an Non-Profit based out of the USA that causes me to spend lots of time in the Dominican Republic, which is why I have a second address. So the income shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again!

Maria

10/26/07 Check was processed and I got our case number! NOA1 is supposedly in the mail.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
Thank you very much Keisha.

I will list both addresses and place an explanation. I work for an Non-Profit based out of the USA that causes me to spend lots of time in the Dominican Republic, which is why I have a second address. So the income shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again!

Maria

Be glad you are not processing in the DR. processing is almost 3 years.

You have NO idea how glad I am in not processing there! THat was part of the desicion prosess for my fiance to NOT take up residence in the DR. I have several friends who are in the processe here. I just hope that Haiti is shorter!

Hope that all is well in the DR after Tropical Storm Noel.

Maria

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.