Kim_T

NVC to Interview - Progress & Timeframe

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I received a notice from CSC that our I-129F was approved on Sept 3, 2007. I still have not received any information from the National Visa Center. Does anyone know how long it is taking to receive notice from NVC, and then how long before the interview is setup at the embassy. My fiance lives in Peru, so his interview will be in Lima. Any insight or suggestions on if I should contact NVC would be greatly appreciated.

It took our petition about 4 weeks to get from USCIS to NVC. It used to be 2 weeks but I understand that their contractor is behind with the mailing.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
I received a notice from CSC that our I-129F was approved on Sept 3, 2007. I still have not received any information from the National Visa Center. Does anyone know how long it is taking to receive notice from NVC, and then how long before the interview is setup at the embassy. My fiance lives in Peru, so his interview will be in Lima. Any insight or suggestions on if I should contact NVC would be greatly appreciated.

I think you should call NVC to find out whether they have received your petition. We were approved on Sept. 1st and have already received packet 3 from the embassy. Who knows, your petition may already be at the consulate in Peru.

The number for NVC is available in the K1 flowchat.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

AOS TIMELINE

02/15/2008 - Mailed Package via Overnight

02/18/2008 - Delivered

02/26/08 - Check cashed

02/28/08 - Received 3 noa's in mail : AOS, EAD and AP, Notice Date 02/25/08

03/11/08 - I-485 Transferred to CSC... EAD and AP still not in online system

03/12/08 - Boimetrics

03/22/08 - Touched

03/24/08 - Touched

04/04/08 - Touched

04/22/08 - EAD card production ordered, AP approval notice sent

04/29/08 - EAD Approval Notice Sent

05/02/08 - EAD arrived in mail

05/09/08 - AP touched

05/13/08 - AOS APPROVED!!!!!!

05/14/08 - AP arrived in mail

05/16/08 - Approval notice sent

05/20/08 - Green Card arrived in mail!!!!! Huge sigh of relief...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I guess its different for everyone, I agree with Roseariel, it is supoused to take only 2 weeks. In our case, we were approved in August 15, and didn't hear from the NVC until September 12, that was almost 1 month.

Our package arrived 1 or 2 weeks later at the Consulate (I still don't know the exact date when the NVC forwarded to the Consulate), I got in touch with the Consulate, last wednesday and found out, our interview was scheduled for November 19, almost 3 months after the approval.

After all, I'm not dissapointed for the processing times, by the time I have my interview it will be 7 months since we filed. Personally, I think that's a very 'acceptable' processing time. When we first filed we were expecting to wait from 6 to 9 months. So far, everything has being going as we thought it would be.

Edited by eric_and_teresa

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Timeline

I think you should call NVC to find out whether they have received your petition. We were approved on Sept. 1st and have already received packet 3 from the embassy. Who knows, your petition may already be at the consulate in Peru.

The number for NVC is available in the K1 flowchat.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

Thank you for recommending I call NVC. I will do so on Monday. Also, thank you for the K1 flowchart link...I hadn't found that yet.

Timeline
I guess its different for everyone, I agree with Roseariel, it is supoused to take only 2 weeks. In our case, we were approved in August 15, and didn't hear from the NVC until September 12, that was almost 1 month.

Our package arrived 1 or 2 weeks later at the Consulate (I still don't know the exact date when the NVC forwarded to the Consulate), I got in touch with the Consulate, last wednesday and found out, our interview was scheduled for November 19, almost 3 months after the approval.

After all, I'm not dissapointed for the processing times, by the time I have my interview it will be 7 months since we filed. Personally, I think that's a very 'acceptable' processing time. When we first filed we were expecting to wait from 6 to 9 months. So far, everything has being going as we thought it would be.

Congratulations on having an interview date. Hoping Augusto gets his soon.

I agree that the processing times are within a reasonable timeframe...it's just difficult waiting for the next step. Still hopeful that Augusto and I will be together before Christmas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.