pendleton_boy

Alien number mix-up!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife is here in the US now on a K3 Visa. We went to the Social Security Office to apply for a SSN#. They told us that the Alien Number on her Visa does not match with the name the have on their computer???? Who do I contact to recifty this problem?

***Married in Dankalan, Ilog, Negros Occidental on August 3, 2006***

10/16/06 - I-129f sent to Chicago

10/24/06 - I-129f recv'd

10/26/06 - Recv'd NOA1

11/9/06 - Case transferred from Chicago to Calif Servc Ctr

11/14/06 - Touched

11/15/06 - Touched

11/16/06 - Touched

11/17/06 - Touched

11/18/06 - Touched/Pending

11/20/06 - NOA recv'd stating that on 11/13/06 my case was transferred to CSC

01/25/07 - Recv'd email advising my case was sent to another office for processing???

01/28/07 - Touched (Sunday?)

02/09/07 - I-129f is now pending at the office to which it was transferred

02/09/07 - NOA2 from CSC

02/12/07 - Touched

02/13/07 - Assigned MNL#

02/21/07 - Arrived US Embassy in Manila

05/17/07 - Interview scheduled!!! Yipee!!!

06/22/07 - K3 Visa received

09/02/07 - Arrived in USA!!!

How about the A# on the approval NOA? Did they tell you what the number was in the USCIS system? You still may have to go to the USCIS to correct the problem.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

My wife is here in the US now on a K3 Visa. We went to the Social Security Office to apply for a SSN#. They told us that the Alien Number on her Visa does not match with the name the have on their computer???? Who do I contact to recifty this problem?
For one as a K3 your wife can't get a SSN unless she adjust status and gets GC or gets a EAD approval. I doubt very much if your wife is in the SSA data base yet. If she is she can't get a SSN anyway.

May as well wait until she does AOS or gets EAD approval.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
For one as a K3 your wife can't get a SSN unless she adjust status and gets GC or gets a EAD approval. I doubt very much if your wife is in the SSA data base yet. If she is she can't get a SSN anyway.

May as well wait until she does AOS or gets EAD approval.

I'm assuming that's why it didn't "match" also, they probably just don't have it in the system at all. SAVE has to get auth to provide a ssn.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.