Jim&Gemz

SCAMMERS OUTSIDE THE US EMBASSY MANILA

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are some people that hang outside the US Embassy Manila that are trying to scam unsuspecting and trusting individuals into buying 2.5" x 2.5" photos for your DS-156. They have some raggedy piece of paper that says the requirements changed in the last 2 weeks from 2.0" square to 2.5". There should be some way to let embassy officials know these people are out there perpetrating a lie so they can run them off.

Don't buy them, unless you screwed up and didn't get photos for your DS-156 before you arrive for your interview.

Good luck to everyone who's interview is coming up.

The funniest thing I observed is when they keep shouting that cell phone is not allowed inside, and they offer to keep the cell phone to them and claim it after interview

I bet the cell phone wont stay a minute in their hands! :lol:

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

The funniest thing I observed is when they keep shouting that cell phone is not allowed inside, and they offer to keep the cell phone to them and claim it after interview

Wonder how many they get to guard :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Did you know that you have to pay Php150.00 for them to keep your cellphone for you? So think about it... you've lost your precious phone amounting to Php20,000.00 plus the Php150.00. ;) If I'll be in a situation where I got my phone and had to dispose it just so I could get inside USEM, I'd rather secretly hide it in bushes at USEM's and then get it back afterwards than hand it to whoever wants to "keep" it for me. HA! FAT CHANCE if you'll ever find that person again.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

haaayyy... they will never stop unless they get caught. :ph34r:

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
There are some people that hang outside the US Embassy Manila that are trying to scam unsuspecting and trusting individuals into buying 2.5" x 2.5" photos for your DS-156. They have some raggedy piece of paper that says the requirements changed in the last 2 weeks from 2.0" square to 2.5". There should be some way to let embassy officials know these people are out there perpetrating a lie so they can run them off.

Don't buy them, unless you screwed up and didn't get photos for your DS-156 before you arrive for your interview.

USEmbassy can't do anything about it because they are outside their property. It's the City of Manila's responsibility. Those people are already reprimanded by the City Government several times but they keep on coming back. You can see people like that anywhere in Manila.

Filed: Timeline

Did you know that you have to pay Php150.00 for them to keep your cellphone for you? So think about it... you've lost your precious phone amounting to Php20,000.00 plus the Php150.00. ;) If I'll be in a situation where I got my phone and had to dispose it just so I could get inside USEM, I'd rather secretly hide it in bushes at USEM's and then get it back afterwards than hand it to whoever wants to "keep" it for me. HA! FAT CHANCE if you'll ever find that person again.

--Mae

Hi David, my name is John and I would like some info from u if possible...according to my congressman Cali should be touching my I129F in a few weeks..wen u all got ur visa approved, how long did it take for the interview to be done and how long after did she get to US and....was the medical done there or in US or wat..we've heard different stories as of late..u can drop me a line here or at vestal_j2000@yahoo.com, thanks

JEV/IRM

Hi David, my name is John and I would like some info from u if possible...according to my congressman Cali should be touching my I129F in a few weeks..wen u all got ur visa approved, how long did it take for the interview to be done and how long after did she get to US and....was the medical done there or in US or wat..we've heard different stories as of late..u can drop me a line here or at vestal_j2000@yahoo.com, thanks

hi I'm not David, but I wanna try to answer some of your Qs.....

it depends its case to case. I'm on K1 and from filing to interview took 6 months.....

Medical will be done here except for the TD shots which is not available here in PI

according to your time line you filed on March 27, should probably you have your MNL case assigned already and have the schedule for Interview....if you observed most late March filers have their November Interview and some are already done.......

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

USEmbassy can't do anything about it because they are outside their property. It's the City of Manila's responsibility. Those people are already reprimanded by the City Government several times but they keep on coming back. You can see people like that anywhere in Manila.

eventhough reprimanded, they would still be there.. and everywhere.. tsk, tsk, tsk!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hehe...and aside from the phone is with them, you also pay in cash for keeping it :whistle: I wonder how many people tried this deal or if they were fooled or not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.