hitchoo

US embassy in egypt, and packet 3

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
how long more than 129f...and if she is here will this affect the process maybe they need her there for any reason?!!1

nope she can do it there. about 3 to 4 months longer I believe.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Hitchoo...you should have your wife stick with the CR1(I130). It does take a bit longer but well worth the wait. You would come here with your conditional green card and would be able to work right away. With the K3 (I130 and I129F) you would have to wait 3-5 months for your EAD (work permit). My husband and I have had a hard time with waiting for the EAD. He's been here 5 months and is just now able to work.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

my Lady moody all my tention is to be together anywhere but till now i did not meet her family ,about work , we dont mean to remain in usa just we need to switch between both countries whenever we want to, because it really was much for her to come to me three time in 6 months and as we are not that rich i think its really hard.

soo after this i130 approval it will be sent to NVC so if we decided to stick with this petition so for how long(months) we need to wait farther to get the visa in hand?

and if my wife came here she willhave to quit her job and her apartment will this affect the process too?

thank you

Edited by hitchoo

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Lady Doodleee thank youuu keep coming here pleaseee

:lol::lol:

Well I think I already answered your question that you just posed to moody. It will be about 3 months or so to complete the I130 and then after that I would think you're looking at another 6 months between the interview and AP. That's a very very rough estimate though.

Quitting her job will hurt only because she needs to prove that she makes enough income to support you. The only way to get around that is for her to have someone become a cosponsor. That person will have to sign a form stating that they will be financially responsible for you for the next two years. That's a hard thing to get someone to do...especially since you haven't met the family. No one in my family would ever do that for me.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

I understand that your intentions are just to be with your wife however, wouldn't it be easier on her if you were able to work and contribute to the household right away? Waiting an extra 3 months is worth it believe me. It will put you and your wife more at ease. The point shouldn't be just being together as soon as possible, it should be to build a life together. You being able to work right away will help make this happen easier.

Once the I-130 goes to the NVC the NVC will generate the choice of agent document and the AOS bill. You will choose your wife as your agent so she can take care of everything on your behalf. After the AOS bill will come the AOS (affidavit of support). She will fill this out and return it to the NVC. Next will come the IV bill. Once all these things are taken care of the case will be forwarded to Cairo. They will send you the packet 3 and you will gather the documents they request along with your medical exam and send them back to Cairo. Cairo will then send you an interview appt. letter. You will attend your interview and after security checks and AP (if any) you will issued your visa (God willing). If I missed a step in there please forgive me. Read the guides and James shortcuts for further information. Perhaps it would be a good idea to refer your wife to this forum. She may better understand the steps involved. At any rate the CR1 usually takes an extra 3 or so months more than the K3.

my Lady moody all my tention is to be together anywhere but till now i did not meet her family ,about work , we dont mean to remain in usa just we need to switch between both countries whenever we want to, because it really was much for her to come to me three time in 6 months and as we are not that rich i think its really hard.

soo after this i130 approval it will be sent to NVC so if we decided to stick with this petition so for how long(months) we need to wait farther to get the visa in hand?

and if my wife came here she willhave to quit her job and her apartment will this affect the process too?

thank you

Timeline

Procedures at the NVC have actually changed since July 2007 for certain countries. After the choice of agent pays the immigrant visa bill, they have to submit the immigrant visa petition (DS230) and all its supporting documents to the NVC. The NVC will then review the documents and complete the case. After the case is complete, the NVC schedules the interview for the embassy (which is actually better considering that Cairo can take months to schedule an interview) and then notifies the choice of agent with the interview date. The NVC then sends the case to the embassy and the embassy then sends out packet 4 to the beneficiary to tell them that a medical is needed and that they need to bring the medical report to the interview.

There is a packet 3 & 4 for a K3 through Cairo, however, there is no packet 3 for a CR1/IR1, only a packet 4.

I understand that your intentions are just to be with your wife however, wouldn't it be easier on her if you were able to work and contribute to the household right away? Waiting an extra 3 months is worth it believe me. It will put you and your wife more at ease. The point shouldn't be just being together as soon as possible, it should be to build a life together. You being able to work right away will help make this happen easier.

Once the I-130 goes to the NVC the NVC will generate the choice of agent document and the AOS bill. You will choose your wife as your agent so she can take care of everything on your behalf. After the AOS bill will come the AOS (affidavit of support). She will fill this out and return it to the NVC. Next will come the IV bill. Once all these things are taken care of the case will be forwarded to Cairo. They will send you the packet 3 and you will gather the documents they request along with your medical exam and send them back to Cairo. Cairo will then send you an interview appt. letter. You will attend your interview and after security checks and AP (if any) you will issued your visa (God willing). If I missed a step in there please forgive me. Read the guides and James shortcuts for further information. Perhaps it would be a good idea to refer your wife to this forum. She may better understand the steps involved. At any rate the CR1 usually takes an extra 3 or so months more than the K3.

thank you

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Timeline

No problem.........you're welcome.

And congrats on the EAD!!

Thanks m&n! Things have certainly changed since last year. I hope I didn't confuse hitchoo too much, I just wanted to give him an idea of what goes on at the NVC and how long it may take.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Timeline

salam i love that when i back to my topic to find such remarkable comments from such sweet ladies no wonder Egyptian guys married you they know how to choose the right one(means Smartass in common)

now im totaly aware that it will be 3 month before i get any thing from the embassy

and that we need another sponser untill my wife is going to quit her job

keep poping with more comments folks even if this will be Hii Hitchooo

Salam my friends

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hii Hitchooo!!!!!

( :blush: well, you did say we could pop up and say hi :))

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hii Hitchooo!!!!!

gesundheit! :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.