Jasman0717

How Did You Meet

45 posts in this topic

We met unexpectedly through this online dating stuff called CB, he's about to quit and its my first time to log-in...from then on we talk for hours and so. Computer (via internet) and celphone became our life, we talked everyday! When we first met personally we knew by heart we are really meant to be together till the rest of our lives...and here we are happily married, no more miles separate us!!!

I wonder how many of us here are products of CB??? :P

--Mae

That was an interesting site. My friend told me about it so I went there just to check things out and low and behold :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met my Myla in a website called HeartsinAsia September 2006. I was easily captured by her smile and achievements in life. For a month we exchanged emails and after our first chat online she called me to check on my voice !! It was so unexpected , I mumbled and fumbled :) From then on we talk 3 times a day and met face to face February 2. She captured my soul. The two weeks I was with her was absolutely wonderful and tomorrow she will be with me again and I know I will have a lifetime of bliss with this wonderful woman.

We guys are all so lucky to have found our soulmates from the Philippines . It is a long journey of meeting and bringing them here but they are worth it and I will do it again and again if I have to.

Joe

"The measure of love, is to love without measure"

Who would have thought that clicking a program on the Internet could change my life forever. My story that I would like to share is about how I met and fell in love with my husband.

I can still remember those days when I was afraid to used a computer. I'm overly nervous every time i see a computer because honestly, I don't know how to use them. Well, I had to learn how to used them or else my teacher in my minor class in computer will fail me. Can you believed that I learn how to used them when i was in my sophomore year in college. But I'm not actually ashamed about it.

One afternoon, I went with my best friend Jhema to an Internet cafe. Wow, I was very amazed because a lot of students were there. They are concentrating on what they are doing in the computer that they don't even notice that i was there looking at them. My best friend ask me if i would like to used a computer, so i said I would love too but can you teach me how? She replied, of course! kaw pa kinakusgan nakong amigo (LOL)....Then eventually, she instruct me on what to do first. I need to register first to a site before i can have an email address. The terms are not new to me because we discuss this during our class in( BM 1 )that's what the name of the class before it was change to IM 1. Well, i have no problem about familiarizing all the things that can be seen on the keyboard because i was one of the best student in my Typing 1 and 2 class (ehemmm murag hinambog but true).Day by day,I always reserved an hour or two to our suki na Internet cafe (suki means a place were you usually go or buy something).

Then one fine day, I decided to join a chat room in the Yahoo site. One of the room there is called "Romance" but I am not sure how i end up there.I was just clicking things and just curious on what to learn on every site that i visited with.

The very first person who approach me on the chat room and send me a private message was Tony, the man whom I became my husband. At first, I was very excited and happy that somebody was chatting with me( ay ignoy pa lagi ta ani)ha ha. We talk about a lot of things , culture, family, school, love-life and almost every topic we could possibly think to be discuss during that time. He was the first person on my friends list and the person whom I always chat on the net every time I got online. He was the first to sent me a picture of him together with his Dad. At first, I say to myself on he's not that handsome as I thought he would be, but I now believed that "first impression won't last long". Likewise, it was my turn to send a picture to him. I had this picture of me with a friend and decided I'll better scanned this so I can sent it to him.

By the way, Tony at that time was turning 19 and I was turning 18. He was a Mexican-American from El Paso, Texas USA. His parents are both Mexicans but migrated in the US in the late 40's.Eventually, he was raised and born in the US.He can understand Spanish but cannot speak the Spanish language at all. He was the youngest child and he had four older sisters.

Sometimes, we knew we are online on the net but we don't chat too much or just ignoring each other. One afternoon Tony told me about what happened on his "date".Well, i thought it only applies to us Filipinos the so called "gi-indian"ha ha.That's what happened to Tony's date. He was so upset and sad and depressed because he told me that he likes the girl very much. Well, let's say I was the friend he can lean on even just online. We chat and I told him it's not yet the end of your world. I was able to cheer him up. Then the next day, we chat again and I told him I got a dream about a boy and a girl who fell in-love online. I was telling him "oh i wish i was the girl", to my surprised he ask me "do you want me to be the boy on your dream"?I was gonna passed out during that time, I was nervous, I don't know what to do, I can't even type the words, my hands are numb. Glad I was able to recover and say in a funny way "sure" why not.

At first, I felt that we were only playing just to kill the time and just to have fun on the net. During that time web cams and voice chatting were not introduce yet. So we agreed to elevate our relationship from friends to boyfriend/girlfriend online. Wow, who would have thought it will work out. He didn't tell me that he got a crush on me not until we agreed to became lovers online. Everyday we chat online, we sent emails,and he was the first one to send me a snail mail letter (mailed letter ba) on December 2001.By that time, we make sure that we always exchange letters and sent pictures to each other through mailed letter.

Around February 2002, I gave him a surprised call that lasted for 2 hours.Wow, it was a long distance call from me. He was surprised to hear my voice and can't even say a word all he can say is that"he love me and he started to cry on the phone".He's actually a baby, such a baby, we are so silly that he asked me to sing a song for him. I was the one who said I have to go because I know it's very expensive to have a long distance call and I know he will be the one to pay for it. Guess what?he was grounded for a week because their phone bill went up high.He need to gave $350 to his Mom for the long distance bill that appeared on the telephone bill.

We know each other so well that we already knew if one of us was not feeling well or not in the mood to be funny or not in the mood to be silly. He decided to come and visit on 2004. I actually can't believed that it will happened because he had been planning for almost two years to come and visit me in the Philippines. I wouldn't say we don't have arguments or misunderstanding, of course we have those so called "Lovers Quarrel".But it doesn't stop us to make our relationship blossoms everyday.

Alas, the day came when he called me that he was in Manila International Airport.And he's expecting me to be in the airport to met him. But before that, the night before he will arrived in the Philippine, I can't really sleep at all. I was so nervous that I can't even try myself to be sleepy.My family knew that I was nervous and even teased me about me not sleeping the following day that I went to the table and eat together with them. Hmmmmm, I was having my class when the plane he was boarding arrived in Tagbilaran City Airport.The Philippines-Airline arrived at 4:00 in the afternoon. Guess what I'm wearing?wow, my school uniform.I was with my mother and my uncle. They are more anxious to see Tony than me. I was just afraid you know if we realized that we really don't love each other when we met in person.

I was actually hiding behind those people who were also waiting for their love ones to come out from the airplane.We agreed the day before he had his trip to the Philippines that he will be wearing the shirt that I sent to him so It will be easy for me to recognized him.But it turns out that he was wearing the shirt during his trip but decided to change as soon as he arrived in Manila.It was very exciting,nervous moments of my life. At last, my mother saw him and gave him a wave and then he saw my mom and uncle too and he was walking/running to met them.He was busy asking them if where is Geraldine and then my mom point the direction where I was standing and I was holding my breath.My knees were shaking (ha ha)....My hearts beating fast, I can feel that i was blushing when he turns and run towards me.I felt that everything in our surrounding came to a halt,basta palamoot gyud. Oh to my surprised he hug and kiss me, well, you know what?i was shy to do that not because I don't love him but because I was afraid my mom will get mad at me if i do the same gesture. Likewise, the peoples attention was with us so that's the other thing that I was shy about.My uncle was looking for a taxi but he can't find one so we decided to ride a tricycle.Wow, while riding a tricycle, he was trying to break the silence by holding my hands and asking me to talk with him. I was really silent and I just gave him a smile, I can't talked I was tongue -tied.After we arrived in the hotel we decided to go to the restaurant of my Uncle and eat there.I introduce Tony to the employees there and decided to visit my Mom's office because they also knew that my boyfriend arrived.

He stay in the Philippines for three weeks.And during those times we realized that we really love each other and he brought a ring to me.He proposed to me on the hotel and we are the only one who knew that we are engaged with each other. We were thinking that It was not the right time yet to tell my parents about the ring.We simply tell them that it was his gift for me.He also brought gifts for my family. I visited him everyday at the hotel and he went with me to my school and waited for me outside my class room. Most of my classmates knew him and even my teachers knew him. He was also able to attend when I defend my thesis.They were amazed with our love story.But the time is running out, and the days seems fast approaching for him to go back to Texas.Wow, the night before he go back to the states was so emotional, we were crying with each other, he doesn't want to leave me but he needs too or else he will be put to jail if he over stay. But he told me, you have the ring already and as long as you have that ring remember that I will be back to get you.

He went back to the states and everything seems falling apart.I can't concentrate on my studies and part-time work.I was sad and I was missing his presence.But then we chat online again, exchanging emails everyday, talking on the phone almost everyday and assuring each other that we will always be faithful and promised to communicate more.

He was planning to visit again by middle of 2005 but then his Mom passed away.He was depressed and very sad.I know he needs me to be there for him but I can't we are too far from each other. I don't have the capacity to go and visit him in the US. I am glad that even if we were just chatting and talking on the phone at least he was able to know that eventually he will be reunited with his Mom in the future. We then plan to process our papers.

We start to fill up some forms for our K1 Visa papers.Wow, it was hard, we are just researching all the things that we do online because it's very expensive to hire an immigration lawyer.But we are glad that everything went well. During that time I was still studying and waiting for the papers to be approved. I graduate with my degree in Commerce major in Banking and Finance last March of this year. I received my appointment letter from the US Embassy in Manila around July. We were excited but we are also nervous on what is the outcome of the interview. I was schedule to have my medical examination last August 22, 2006 and my visa interview will be last August 29, 2006. I have to stay in Manila for a week but we stay there for 10 days. I need to have a chaperon with me so my Uncle Harold was there to help me. We both are not familiar with Manila.But thanks to a friend of my Uncle and my best friend who help us with our stay there.

It was very hard you know, honestly I don't like big cities especially when I really don't know the place at all.But we have to deal with it,I need to be there. But we always chat with my boyfriend and talk on the phone and report my whereabouts while i stay in Manila.

We arrived in Manila via Cebu Pacific last August 21, 2006 and ride a taxi to go to Kuya Mike's house. We stay there for awhile and I was able to met my best friend Jhema again since she also stay there in Manila. I stay at Jhema's house while my Uncle stay at his friend's house. August 22, was my big day for my medical examination.Wow,we have to wake up very early in the morning so we will be the first to be accommodated when we arrived in Saint Luke's Medical Clinic.My medical examination was hilarious but it's needed so no question on their policy.I am very happy that I don't have problem with my health and everything. My visa interview date arrives and we wake up very early again and I was the only one who can go inside the embassy minus my Uncle.A lot of people were there also, those people were also scheduled to be interview on that day. In my heart and in my mind I was praying all the time I was there.I had everything needed to me. I also needed to wear a formal attire and bring all the stuffs and the documents that prove that our relationship our genuine and not an arranged marriage or something. I had my appointment at 6:30 A.M. in the morning. My number was called and I have to go and met the consul.He was a white American guy around his 30's .He just ask me about 5 questions which I fluently answer it. He was very amazed with our love story too.He told me to wait again for my number to be called again.Then my number was called, I was very nervous because this will be the last window i need to go so I will know if I passed the visa interview or were denied.Guess what the lady say?Just pay this amount to Delbros Inc so your visa will be delivered.Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was so happy, i was smiling while walking towards the window to were i pay for the delivery of my visa. I paid for the delivery and was excited to call Tony and informed him about the interview.I went outside and my Uncle was there making signals if I passed or was denied. I gave him an approved sign as he was very happy too. I decided to call Tony, he was very surprised because we didn't expect to get a visa and be approved. We were very happy and told me that he wanted to chat with me online.

I go to Bohol and stay there for awhile and work too while waiting for the visa to be delivered. It was delivered last September 4, 2006. By that time, Tony was also preparing for his trip to the Philippines. He was scheduled to arrived in the Philippines last October 4, 2006.I was very excited to met him again and for sure this time we will have each other always.

I was patiently waiting for him to arrived in the Tagbilaran City airport. My mother and my uncle was there again. We see each other and this time I was not shy to hug him back. He stay in Metro Center for 3 days and we leave Bohol by October 7, 2006.But we had our farewell party last October 6, 2006. We arrived in El Paso, Texas last October 8, 2006.

"Ending of the first part of our " Love Story" More to come!!!!

Geraldine & Tony

Let me now continue to share the second part of my Love Story..........

We had our flight at the Tagbilaran Airport at 1:40 in the afternoon with Cebu Pacific Airline.We are schedule to arrived around 3:00 in the afternoon at the Manila International Airport.My family was there in the airport and we are very emotional. We are just trying to hold back our tears on our eyes.I kissed and hug our youngest sister Eunice and hug my brother J-poy.My sisters are telling me can you just please stay with us?It was very hard for me to say No.But I have to let them understand that Tony is there and he needs me.

My bestfriend Cristine and her boyfriend Loive was there also, they are both my friends.We are just joking around and telling each other that we will still met again in the future. My teacher in high school Ma'am Thelma was there together with his son Joel since they asked me to bring the luggage for my bestfriend Jhema in Manila. They were able to met my boyfriend Tony.So the time comes that we need to go already.We say goodbye's to my parents and my siblings, to our friends.I can't help but cry especially my brother J-poy, he asked me please come back for him.We are best buddies that's why he's very sad when he knew that i'm about to leave them.

So we went inside the Tagbilaran Airport and just waiting for us to aboard the airplane.Now that we are inside the airplane I told Tony, I started to missed my family. And also I have to leave my cellphone already since I cannot used them when i arrived in the US.Time flies so fast and we just arrived at the Manila International Airport, it was raining very hard so we decided to call for a Taxi inorder for us to go to the new Airport since we are in the Old Airport in Manila. We asked the people who work in the airport if we could leave our luggage because it will take a long time for us to wait for the next flight.So we went there and we payed the TAX for the ticket and I showed them my passport and visa.At first they thought that we were OFW's haha.And we told them that I am a K1-Fiancee and that Tony is my boyfriend. So we leave our luggage and also payed for the entrance fee in the waiting area.

We leave the airport and ride a taxi to go to Market-Market Mall in Makati where Jhema is patiently waiting together with Raven her son. We arrived there and still we have her luggage with us and just looking around, finally we see her and then we decided to eat our dinner at Kenny Roger's Restaurant. It was a very good meal.Tony was very happy because he told me that the dinner is not expensive .But for me i will consider it expensive already.Then finally, we say goodbye's to Jhema and Raven. Then after that we just stroll around the mall and buy some stuffs too.While waiting for our time to go back to the Airport again.We decided to go back to the Airport, and Tony had a good time watching the big buildings in Makati and the nice hotels too.

Our departure time from Manila was 10:00 in the evening and we will be arriving in Los Angeles, California at 7:40 in the evening California Time.It was a long ride, very long, we either sleep, eat or just watch tv.The plane was full of passenger mostly Filipinos who are having there trip back to the US. We just keep on talking with Tony and some of the filipinos who sit nearby.

Alas we arrived in Los Angeles, California.And we have to wait in line again because they have to check my documents to make sure that i'm a legal immigrant in the US.The guy who interviewed me from the Customs and Border Patrol was very good,he is a black guy and he asked me questions too.And then I was waving with Tony and then the officer noticed and ask if I know some people behind him and I said yes, my boyfriend is there. He said you must have a very good man since he went there to bring you back with him in the US.So i said, Yes he is very good to me.So we went to the exit door and just walking around and I can see Filipinos waiting for their love ones as well as talking to their family.

We decided to rent a van since we are almost out of budget with the money that Tony had. We went to Inglewood,California and went to Applebees.I was to keen to see how L.A. looks like haha. I can't believed that i am actually in the US already. It was snowing a little bit.....I was just smiling and just wandering around. So we just stroll around L.A. and then go back to the rental office and then we ride the bus going to the airport again and we decided to wait for our next trip in the airport.It was very tiring, I have jetlag but still it was amazing.Knowing that Tony and me will start our life together was a complete achievement in my life.

Our next flight was schedule around 6:40 in the morning California time and then arrived in Phoenix, Arizona around 7:58 in the morning Phoenix time.Its a 1 hour and 18 minutes ride. Then after that, we will stop there and then change plane again.We arrived in Phoenix, Arizona and then we went to another plane.We aboard the plane around 8:53 in the morning Phoenix time and schedule to arrived in El Paso, Texas around 11:19 in the morning El Paso time.The flight was good for 1 hour and 26 minutes nonstop.Finally, we arrived in El Paso, Texas on October 8, 2006.

Tony's dad was waiting for us together with Linda, Tony's step mom. I finally met Tony's Dad. They hug me and kiss me and ask if how's the trip.We talked and we went to Hong Kong Buffet Restaurant. Then I met Carleen, Tony's sister and she's pretty.We also talk and just getting to know each other and took pictures.They are excited to see me.After that we went to Tony's parents house. We stay there for awhile while we are not yet married.

After two weeks from the time that I arrived here in Texas, it has been very quite depressing for me. Its already winter here in the US and its so cold.I am still trying to adopt the weather and everything especially the food. I've been crying most of the time when Tony works and go to class as well since I have no friends here, all i have is the computer so I can still keep in touch with my family back in the Philippines. It was a very strange experience for me to be alone. I felt very alienated for the first few days.I've been able to talked with my relatives on my father's side here in the US. They are the relatives that i don't know.I have an uncle who lives in Weslaco, Texas and an Aunt who lives in California.They were also surprised that I am in the US since they only know my father.

We move out from Tony's parent house after we got married the following month after I arrived here in the US.There were a lot of challenges that we experienced.We move in at Warren Inn apartment ,it is located at the West Side of EL Paso, Texas. We lived there for 2 months before moving in at Tony's Step Dad's house. We are renting a room here.The house is big and I feel more comfortable living here.Tony's Step Dad is very good to me.We always talked and he teaches me how to make Mexican food. He speak fluent spanish and English too.

I already know how to drive car but I still need more practice.I still don't have a drivers license but i enjoyed my practice. I had my first experience when you can actually see snows falling from the sky.It was a very beautiful experience, we were able to took pictures.It was very cold too.We have to wear gloves and jackets and boots.

Most of the time we go visits Tony's sisters in New Mexico, 4 of his sisters are living there. We are the only one who lives here in El Paso, Texas.It's not really easy to adjust with your sisters-in-laws and family, to many dramas going on......Which i don't want to share.

We also process my papers for my adjustment of status here to become a permanent resident. The paper works was real crazy too many documents to be complied, it needs time , money and effort to complete the requirements.But thank God, everything fall into places already. I am already approved and just waiting for my Green Card to be delivered very soon. After that I am planning to get my drivers license and then start working here.

Hopefully, I will make myself busy by working a lot of hours very soon.Tony is very busy working and going to school too. I have a lot of friends here from the church as well as filipina friends who are now residing here in El Paso, Texas.I am able to adjust a little bit of myself living here in the US. I am looking forward to visit my family in the Philippines next year.

I am just happy that our love for each other is getting stronger everyday and the more we know each other, the more we realized that we can't live without each other. Our next goal is to buy our own house and start our own family together.

To all my avid readers of my love story...i'll promised to keep you all posted with my Love Life.....See you on the 3rd Chapter....Have fun reading....Keep the love burning!!!!

Geraldine & Tony 070307

TexaswithLove

I-751 Removal of Condition Time line:

06/01/2009--Sent Documents (VSC)

06/04/2009--Delivered @ 3:30pm per USPS website

06/10/2009--Check Cashed

06/13/2009--Received NOA/Extension Letter ( dated 06/05/2009)

06/22/2009--Biometrics Appointment letter received(dated 06/16/2009)

07/07/2009--Original Date for my Biometrics Schedule

07/02/2009--Received Cancellation Notice for my original biometrics appointment

07/16/2009--New Biometrics Schedule Received (dated 06/26/2009)

10/24/2009--Received Letter of Approval, Date of Decision 10/20/2009

11/06/2009--Finally received my 10 year Green Card in the mail

N-400 Application for Naturalization Timeline:

10/22/2011-- Sent Documents ( USCIS Dallas Lockbox Facility)

10/24/2011-- Documents delivered @ 12:05pm per USPS website

10/28/2011-- Check Cashed

10/31/2011-- Received NOA. Priority date 10/24/11

11/03/2011-- Received Biometric Appointment Letter. Scheduled to appear for 11/17/2011

11/17/2011-- Biometrics Completed!

11/28/2011-- Got Text/Email,Placed in line for interview scheduling

11/29/2011-- Got text/email interview scheduled

01/19/2012-- Interview Date, PASSED

02/13/2012-- Got text/email, placed in oath scheduling que

03/28/2012-- Oath Ceremony @ 8:30 AM (I'm so proud to be American)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We met through her cousin that lives here. His wife cousin is my good friend. So my friends cousin was trying to play matchmaker. But all the women were pangit,hehe. Yeah with all my freinds being filipino, it would make sense for me to have a filipino wife-to-be. But I though maybe a Fil-Am or one here already.

My husband and I met back in October 1996. We were college mates at PUP and we're both in the varsity team. We didn't got along well back then coz he always tease me about everything under the sun :crying: He's a bit of a "Suplado" (snobbish) and I'm a quiet person who rarely initiates conversation with other people so we never really talked much even though we have a few common friends.

It was around Nov-Dec '96, during our team practice and preparations for SCUAA (State Colleges and University Athletics Association) event that we got a chance to hang around with each other together with the rest of the team. Without all the teasing and practical jokes, I found out that he's a nice guy after all.:) .Our team took home the championship and I've invited the whole varsity team to our house for a celebration dinner. College life became busy for the both of us that we rarely saw each other after that so that's pretty much where it ended...or that's what I thought. :)

February of '97 when we were re-introduced to one another and just like the first time that I met him, he never ceased to tease or played practical jokes on me. We exchanged phone numbers, became friends and we found out that we lived less than 10 minutes from each other so my house became his hang out place when he's bored. When he’s at our place, he usually helped my dad fixed things around the house or shared recipes and cooking ideas with my mom or even played along with my younger sister with dolls and make-up kits!! :lol: . It was only a pure friendship between us at that time since I was in a relationship back then with a different guy and he was courting another girl.

March of '97 when things fell apart with my relationship and things didn't turned out well for him either. We gave it a shot and started going out on a date and we became official on April 24 '07 (L). It was indeed the best time of our lives. Our happiness was short-lived coz my family's immigration to US petition was approved. I told him about it and he said that we'll just try to enjoy our remaining days together and see what the future holds for us. I was so depressed at that time and I even thought about running away from home but he warned me that I'll lose him for good if I do that. We were very young then (hubby was 17, I was 16) and still under our parent's wings so both of us are not in a position to go against my family's decision. We never really talked about having a long distance relationship, we didn't break up either. It was a mutual decision to still stay together, keep our communication open for as long as we can. He told me to “Never give up, never let go”, coz he knows that our love will find a way back for us to be together again. (L)

I came back to visit him on April '99.It was his college graduation and that's when he told his mother about me. He brought me to their house, introduced me to his family and friends and we all drove down to his parent's hometown (Nuevo Ecija) and introduced me to more of his relatives and friends. I was overwhelmed by his folk's kindness and warm welcome. I went had to come back to the US after a month and that time, being away from him became extremely hard. We have to deal with alot of mind boggling things and temptations around us :) .. People who constantly told us to just give it up or we'll both get hurt in the end...that we're both wasting our lives being in this kind of relationship.. that how would I know if he's not going to cheat one me and vice versa and so on...

My next visit is almost 6 years after, Feb of '06 ! Life became really busy for me when I got back in the US. The moment that I saw him at the airport, I couldn't help to think about how the heck we were able to survive almost 6 years without seeing each other. I couldn't even talk much on our way home and all I did was stared at him and held his hand. I was afraid that everything was only a dream and that I'll wake up any moment and he'll be gone. It was a really sweet reunion for us. We introduced one another to more of our families and friends, visited lots of places and shopped till we drop! 3 weeks was a very short time so I went to see him again on Sept of '06. His mother invited me to stay at their house for the whole duration of my trip. She cooked all my favorite foods and really made me feel at home. His sisters are sweet too! They really made me feel that I’m a part of their family. The day before my flight back to US (Oct '06), we were strolling inside SM SouthMall when he saw a heart-shaped Tiffany stoned silver ring on display at a jewelry store. He asked the saleslady for it and they only have one in stock and it happens to be my size! He took the ring, turned to me and said "Luluhod pa ba ako"? (Do I have to kneel?). Though in our hearts, we always know that we’ll gonna end up together, I still got speechless when he said that, not to mention that it happened right at the middle of the jewelry store!

The rest is history. Filed the K1 paperwork in November '06 ...interview and was approved on April '07.Flew together and got married on May '07. Applied for AOS in June and he received his GC on Sept '07.

October 1996-We met during college days.

April 24, '97-Started our relationship.

June '97-Kayz migrated to US

April '99-June '99 - Kayz trip to Philippines.

February-March '06 - Kayz 2nd trip

September-October '06 - Kayz 3rd trip

October 2006- Engaged!!

November 14, 2006 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 16, '06 - NOA-1

December 14, '06 - Touched 3 times and it's APPROVED !

December 20, '06 - NVC received.Case# MNL2006854XXX

December 27, '06 - Manila Embassy received

February 26,'07 - Packet 4

APRIL 2-3, '07 - Medical

APRIL 13, '07 - Kayz 4th trip to

APRIL 16, 2007 - INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!

April 25, '07 - CFO Seminar

May 1, '07 - Flight to USA together,POE-LAX

May 7, 2007 - Wedding!

June 8, 2007 - AOS/EAD sent

June 11, '07 - Received at Chicago

June 15, '07 - NOA's

June 20, '07 - Touched (AOS/EAD)

June 29, '07 - Touched (EAD)

July 13, '07 - Biometrics

July 16, 17, '07 - Touched (AOS)

July 24, 2007 - AOS Transferred to CSC

July 28,30,31 '07 - Touched (AOS)

August 17,19 '07 -Touched (AOS)

August 28, 2007 - EAD card received

September 10, 2007 - GC received exp. date 9/4/09

July 8, 2009 - I-751 Sent to VSC

July 10, 2009 - VSC received

July 16, 2009 - Check Cashed

July 17, 2009 - Biometrics Letter (8/8/2009)

August 8, 2009 - Biometrics done

November 21, 2009 - Approval Letter received dated 11/17

• 6 months later...

I met my husband in MYSPACE way back last March 2006... He added me and i just click approved... He was browsing for some Filipinas that he can add and to talk to.. Good thing is, im always online because i have my own computer at work... Since then i was the last girl he keeps on messaging bcoz other girls has no time to reply...

GOD has a purpose and im thankful that i was online at that time! =)

CITIZENSHIP 06-19-2013 Sent N400 Application (Chicago Lockbox)

06-21-2013 USCIS received my N400 application

06-25-2013 USCIS mailed the NOA1

06-28-2013 USCIS mailed the Biometrics appt

07-01-2013 Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt letter

​07-15-2013 Biometrics Appt.

08-27-2013 Interview/Test passed

10-07-2013 Oath taking

IR-5 MOM AND DAD

02-20-2014 mailed I-130 for my parents

02-24-2014 USCIS received the I-130 docs

03-17-2014 USCIS approved the petition (took 15 days, weekdays only)

03-25-2014 USCIS shipped the approved case to NVC

04-02-2014 NVC received the papers (6 days from the approval date)

05-01-2014 Got the 2 case numbers. (21 days)

05-07-2014 Got an email & paid the AOS fee (4 days); DS-261(Choice of Agent) sent

05-09-2014 AOS status "PAID" (2 days from the date the was paid)

05-22-2014 AOS docs delivered in NVC

06-27-2014 RFE for I864 and I864A (i left the Place of residence blank, 26 days from the date they received the AOS)

06-28-2014 Mailed the corrected forms to NVC

06-30-2014 NVC received the AOS corrected forms

07-01-2014 Received IV Bill Invoice, paid.

07-02-2014 PAID status of the mother

07-07-2014 PAID status of the father

07-08-2014 Mailed the supporting docs

07-10-2014 Supporting docs arrived at NVC

07-11-2014 Submitted DS260 of mother

07-13-2014 Submitted DS260 of father

09-04-2014 Called NVC and the lady said CASE COMPLETE! (136 days total from the day they received the I-130)

09-11-2014 Received an email regarding the Interview (5 days from the day the case was completed)

09-15-2014 Status "In Transit" inCEAC

09-16-2014 Status "Ready" CEAC

10-03-2014 Interview/AP/USEM (no record of their medical,DAD needs to get an NBI explanation letter&new NBI clearance with his "aka"

10-8-2014 Mom called St Lukes and asked about the medical results, they said they submitted it already back in June

10-10-2014 Mom mailed the NBI Clearance of my dad

10-14-2014 NBI clearance delivered in USEM

10-06-2014 Visa Issued CEAC

10-09-2014 Got an email that my dad's visa was issued

10-14-2014 Visa delivered 11-29-2014 POE

12-08-2014 SS Card arrived

In 2005, during my last year in nursing my bestfriend had finally enough of my boring life :bonk: ( accdg. to her) & submitted my profile at christianmingle (she's a baptist :yes: ). After a year, I found out that the same site has one for catholics so I transferred my profile.

Fast forward to April 2006, I browsed an interesting profile and the following day I received a smile then a barrage of cards & mails. As a guest member of the site, all I can do was to send smiles & cards and hope that he'll get the hint that I cannot respond to any mail. Finally, on June '06 I received an invitation to chat on the site. He told me that his Australian friend had figured it out (Note: friend is a woman :unsure: ). An auspicious beginning...NOT!

He finally convinced me of his true intentions after a month of daily chats on the net and phone (if he's chatting with me all the time then he has no time for anybody else :P ). July '06 he sweet talked me for a visit and as I wanted to know if our feelings are for real, I agreed. August of the same year, we finally met in person. He stayed almost a month...IT'S THE REAL THING! (L) He came back November 2006 for the "pamalaye" and stayed in my house for 3 months to get to know my son & the rest of the family.

After so many groans and grunts of our visa process ( :wacko: more to come) , we're together now and for all eternity. Thanks heaven! :luv:

Edited by RIDION

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

Filed: Timeline

I belonged to a paid Christian web site Relationships.com and on April 10 2007, I met the most wonderful girl in the world .. and her name was Zandrea and she was from the Philippines. I was a paid member and never thought of meeting someone overseas.. and Zandy was just a member and really didn't have no way of contacting me. But, some how she was able to get a message to me with her email address. I sent her a email and it was a beginning.

To be honest... It was quite rough at the beginning . I have never attempted a long distance relationship before.. and Yes... it was quite a bumpy road for the first few weeks. We worked our way through the first few weeks some how.. and we began chatting on Yahoo IM.. and later.. the webcam. I do computer support for the company I work for.. so being online at work and at home wasn't that big of deal.

Right around the time we started talking, Zandy's Mother was leaving for the US. Her father passed away when she was 18 and her mother had just her Visa to come and be with her husband in Phoenix. They had met a few years before, but he made several mistakes in the petition and it was delayed for well over 2 years :(.

Zandy had quit her job about 5 years ago and moved back home to help take care of her two teenage brothers and her 4 year old niece. During the first week of talking.. She was offered a job at ABS CBN in Manila, doing work that she had recieved her degree in. She had a very big decision to make... Me and the family or take the Job she has alway wanted and would likely enjoy... Well, as you can see, she decided to stick with the taking care of the family first, and to build our Relationship..

We slowly fell in Love with each other and I started planning on making a trip to the Phils.. I had 3 weeks of vacation left for the year .. I got my passport and planned my flight and hotels ect. I made plans to go in September for 18 days.. but I also planned to go to Phoenix and meet her parents and stayed a couple of nights with them on my way to the Philippines. The night before my flight out to LA.. I sat down with them at dinner and asked for their daughters hand in marriage.... They were so very happy and I recieved their blessing.

The next morning I was on a flight to LAX and to the Phils and spent almost 17 days there... And for the first time in my life.. I've found someone that truly loves and wants to be with me forever. I proposed to her before leaving and gave her my engagement ring and her answer was..... SURE SURE SURE! (inside info)

I am so lucky to have found you Zandy..

Edited by Mike_Zandy

1_678006162l.jpg

x6myw1.jpg

1589m5i.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I met my husband May of 2005 when I was in the Philippines for my school vacation..He is performer, vocalist of the band..We met at the bar name Bali Hai in Balibago, Angeles City..I remember the first time I saw him at the stage singing, I told to myself, that’s him..The guy I want to spend my life here in earth and in eternity..It is true feeling!!! We’ve been through a lot, upz and down but our love and commitment to each other keep growing and stronger..It is great and awesome being married!!very happy and content! :)

AOS Process:

Mar. 11, 2008- ARRIVED US

Mar. 12, 2008- got married

00-00-0000-Temple wedding-Mormon church

Mar.13, 2008-completed vaccinations-I693A supplement from CS

Mar. 18, 2008- sent the AOS package(I-485 and EAD)..applied for SSN..

Mar.19, 2008-Delivered. signed for by V Bustamante-took and passed written driving test

Mar.25, 2008-Check cashed-Received SSN

Mar.27,2008-Received NOA's in mail-Case available online

Mar.28, 2008-Received Biometrics appointment in mail-04/08/08

Apr.08,2008-Biometrics DONE

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

Apr.14,2008-Transfer Notice date to California(I-485)

Apr.17,2008-Received Notice in the mail about the transfer

Apr.20 and 22,2008-I-485 TOUCHED..No touch on EAD

Apr.24, 2008-Received AR driver license

May 07, 08, 09, 12, 13, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED..

May 16, 2008- I-765 Card production ordered -1st email

May 19, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED

May 21, 2008-I-765 Card production ordered-2nd email

May 22, 2008- I-765 TOUCHED

May 23, 2008-I765 Approval notice sent-3rd email

May 24, 2008- EAD in hand

May 28, 2008-AOS Card production ordered..yehey!!!got another email saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

June 03, 2008- Green Card in hand

Zenaida and I first met threw Filipina Heart in feb 2007. The first time we video chatted, I knew she was differant. It's always been comfortable to talk with Zen, she is still my best friend. :-)

We had not been chatting long, maybe a month. I set a date of late March to come see her and maybe another woman.

Well the other woman self destructed the little bit of friendship we had (prior to me coming to Phil), I thank god for that.

When Zen and I first met in person, I realized she was the right woman for me!

I have been to see Zen three times in the last 13 months, including one 6 week visit in Dec./Jan.

God, guide us both and look after us. :star:

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We were playing yahoo literati ( wherein you can play scrabble and chat with your opponent at the same time) back then in april 2005. He then said hi to me and of course i said hello (i am not really into chatting but then i said hello caz i dn't wanna be rude to others). We both just usually play and don't talk with our opponents but we don't know why we exchanged hellos to each other that time (but i'm glad we did :D). I felt that he is the right person for just right he said his first hi to me ( God can only explain how that thing happened ). We exchanged YM Id and started chatting to each other after that short conversation in Yahoo Literati. We then constantly chat everyday, exchanged emails and phone each other.

After some few days, he told me that he can't stop himself from thinking about me ( YAY! :dance: ) but then i didn't admit to him that i feel the same way too instead i played hard to get :lol: ( i guess its the pinay thing :D ). That time i don't want to believe in long distance relationship although my heart says i love him. I finally said YES (i can be your girlfriend) to him after 6 months(OCT 8, 2005) of courtship ( that is how i am so pakipot haha ). Actually, i chose that date because that if his birthday.

He then visited me here in the Philippines last DEC 31, 2005 9:30 PM (few more hours for the New Year :D ) I first saw him in the airport and we started hugging each other and we both felt like we've known for each for many years already (we didn't get shy to each other and we felt a sparked between us). He stayed in our house for the reason that we want to know more about each other personally and my parents wants to know him too. We were happy that our relationship clicked :luv:(L). He then visited me twice a year and until now we are so much inlove that we can't live without each other (L):luv:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

A friend met her fil-am husband through filipinaheart (FH) and during the remaining months of her stay in the Philippines she kept bugging me to join that dating site also. i kept telling her I don't like caucasians and she kept assuring me that there are lots of Filipinos living in other countries who are regulars of the site. So, August 2005, I signed up and after a week, I was ready to remove my profile coz its either guys who noticed my profile was too forward or they were not Christian or they are too young or older than my parents....

As I was about to remove my profile, I received an interest from a guy with the most amazing eyes.. Looking at his profile photo reminded me of the "Messiah" and he was also a Christian!... but what prompted me to send a message was the quote: "I look at the glass half full rather than half empty"... I also think in the same way and I told him about it... when I hit the send button, there was prompt that I received an email, and it was from the "Messiah" looking guy.. as fate would have it we were probably writing and sending notes to each other at exactly the same time... well what followed was days of exchanging emails in FH, it was after a few weeks that we exchanged email addy but it took two months before we decided to chat on YM.

He keeps telling me I am the only one who made a comment on that glass half full and that all the other girls he talked to was only interested in asking money after two exchange of emails (of course he didn't send money and blocked each of those girls right off) and asking him "when will you sponsor me?"... and thanks to those kind of girls, my good points were emphasized without any effort on my part.

Our interest in each other gradually grows but we never exchanged the big "L"... we waited for the right time.. and it took more than a year before he came over for a face to face visit.. the online magic was still there, more real and stronger... still there was no mentioning of the big "L"... we first exchanged "I LOVE YOU's" after he went back to the states and the moment he was there, he began planning the next visit which took place 7months after the first visit.... He proposed on the day of his birthday and our joint bday celebration was actually also a sort of engagement party already. (his bday is june 30, mine is july 2.. we celebrated and will probably celebrate our birthdays on July 1, the day in between).

Due to my insistence (mostly due to the anxiety of leaving my family so soon), we planned on a Philippine wedding on august 8, 2008 but the death of a friend's 10 year old son last January 4, 2008 woke me up to how short & unpredictable life is and that I would never know how long I or Ricky have left to live. What I know is, I don't want to wake up realizing I have not spent enough years with Ricky. We just want to start creating memories that will last a lifetime the soonest.

The K1 was decided January 4, 2008 after recieving the sad news from my friend. God willing, we will finally share the marriage covenant on the same date we originally chose. Life is so short and it can't wait, we can't afford to waste another full year without each other.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

In addition: Friends kept asking me why I have chosen Ricky when for years I refused to follow any of their advise to just find a foreigner to help me raise my kids... been hearing it since my kids were toddlers ... now they are already tweens... I managed perfectly without any foreigner nor any guy in my life and I know I am more than capable of managing my responsibilities without any guy's help.. but I fell in love with those beautiful hazel eyes :luv: .... now everytime some of my friend's comment on why i ate my words of never marrying a caucasian, I just say, "Is Ricky caucasian? How come I didn't notice! :lol: "

I don't consider Ricky as caucasian or american, for me he is simply Ricky, the man who has helped me learn to trust and believe in love again. Change his colors, pull him out of the US and throw him anywhere else in the world, I would still want to be with him for the rest of my life. (L)

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

YAY! :dance: This topic has reincarnated! :dance::dance::dance: I wonder where Jasman is. :unsure: I haven't seen him for a long time.

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

I met my husband the old fashioned way... in a bar :) We both were working in Dubai and he was the roommate of someone a friend of mine knew. We had all planned to meet up at a filipino bar one night and he tagged along with the friend. We were best friends from the first moment we met. That was more than 4 years ago and I've enjoyed every second with him.

I met my husband by chance through YM sometime during year 2005. Our first meeting was actually accidental given that he sent me an erroneous instant message to which I replied "sorry - wrong send". He said ok, thank you but afterwards initiated a conversation. It was just a random incident and it was nothing but a one-time occurrence. But life really is unpredictable or shall we refer to it as serendipity? The 2nd time we talk seemed like a meticulously prepared coincidence given that I saw him again online after a year or so (Dec 2006) and thought it wouldn’t hurt to drop him a note to ask if his vacation in the Philippines push through as mentioned during our initial encounter. What was funny is that he just got back to the US from Cebu and told me that he would have met me in person if sent him a message earlier... lol. :D Anyway, to make the long story shorter, our 2nd chance of conversation started what we call a lifetime relationship to which we believed is fated by God. We were inseparable ever since and next thing we know is we’ve exchanged I do’s and vowed to a lifetime commitment.

:wub:

AOS:

07/16/08 - filed AOS application

07/18/08 - received by USCIS

07/22/08 - USCIS mailed our NOA

07/24/08 - touched

07/25/08 - received NOA (AOS, EAD, AP)

07/29/08 - received ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

08/09/08 - biometrics appointment

08/11/08 - I485 and I765 touched

09/17/08 - AP approved

09/19/08 - EAD approved, card already in production

09/24/08 - EAD card received

09/25/08 - SSN application

10/01/08 - received letter re: SSN card delivery in 2 weeks

10/06/08 - SSN Card received

02/17/09 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

ROC:

11/19/10 - Submit requirements for Lifting of Conditions

11/22/10 - NOA1 received

12/22/10 - Biometrics Appointment

02/09/11 - ROC APPROVED!

02/10/11 - Green Card Received

US CITIZENSHIP:

12/19/11 - Submit requirements for US Citizenship

12/22/11 - NOA1 received

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans not to harm you but to prosper you. Plans to give you hope and a better future."

- Jeremiah 29:11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.