amy_yehoshua

Police clearance in Vancouver

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Does anyone know about the police clearance in Vancouver? Since it needs to be translated into English, this means that you can hand it into them during your interview, right?? You can go to the police and get it yourself. Does it have to be notarized? Im assuming the translated one needs to be official? How do you do that, the notary??

Thanks

Amy

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes you only need the police certificate for the interview. It is your responsibility to get this from the police. I don't BELIEVE it needs to be notarized........... just the original document. If you email the embassy they can answer these questions for you. It might be better since every embassy does things a differently. The email is vancouverk@state.gov

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your Canadian issued police certificate will be in English already, and yes, you give it to them at your interview.

It does not need to be notarized.

http://www.rcmp.ca/

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Your Canadian issued police certificate will be in English already, and yes, you give it to them at your interview.

It does not need to be notarized.

http://www.rcmp.ca/

All you have to do is go to your local RCMP detachment with your Packet 3 and request one. You want a name based police certificate. They will process it for you and give you the certificate. You just hand that certificate in to the CO at the Consulate.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Can anyone tell me how long I have to wait for the RCMP to give me the certificate once I ask them for it?

canadaflag1ye.gif & usflag6lq.gif

couple2ck1mf.jpg

10/13/2006 - Received K1 Visa

01/12/2007 - We're Married!

02/21/2007 - AOS & EAD filed

02/28/2007 - NOA Date

03/08/2007 - Request For Initial Evidence Received (Case Suspended)

03/17/2007 - Biometrics Appointment

03/25/2007 - Requested evidence sent to USCIS

04/09/2007 - Touched (Evidence received - Case Resumed)

05/02/2007 - Touched (Case has been sent to California Service Center for processing)

05/23/2007 - EAD approved, card received by mail

05/26/2007 - Touched (Case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)

06/11/2007 - Request For Additional Evidence received (Case Suspended)

08/27/2007 - Request evidence sent to USCIS

09/07/2007 - Touched (Evidence received - Case Resumed)

10/11/2007 - Touched (Current Status: Card production ordered)

10/11/2007 - Touched (Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident) YAY!

10/15/2007 - Received Welcome Letter via mail

10/22/2007 - Received 2-year Conditional Greencard :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went into the RCMP detachment on Heather St. in Vancouver. It took me 15 minutes to find parking in the pouring rain, almost 15 minutes to walk because I'd had to park so far away, 15 minutes for them to process and give me the certificate and then 15 minutes to walk back to my car.

Getting the actual certificate was the easiest part of the whole thing. ;)

edit: That being said, I notice you're from Kamloops. Check with your local RCMP detachment -- it might be even faster!

Edited by ceriserose

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.