kits_24_faith

Attorney Question: Need your thoughts

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This just crossed my mind and would love to have your thoughts as well. There is this immigration attorney who is very well known and excellent in his cases and he is based in California but has a few locations as well including the Philippines. He also has a talk show called Citizen Pinoy which is aired by ABS-CBN, the biggest tv network in the Philippines and also broadcast their shows here in the US through Direct TV. His name is Michael J. Gurfinkel and my thought was can I still get an attorney even though I have submitted all the papers and just waiting for the NOA2?

Not that I am going to get him but this was just a thought and would love to have your opinion if this is possible. He has done lots of cases that were turned down by other attorneys and said that the cases were impossible and hopeless and turned them to green cards or whatever the cases were.

So I need your thoughts about this. If there is anyone here who is going to file for a I-129F visa and plans to have an attorney I recommend him. Here is his website: www.gurfinkel.com

Thanks guys and best of luck for us that are still waiting for our NOA2. God bless.

I-129F

Sent I-129F on March 19, 2007

NOA1 on April 12, 2007

Touched on August 8, 2007 (RFE NOTICE)

August 13, 2007 received RFE

August 13, 2007 sent RFE

Touched August 22: RFE received and case resumed

Touched October 2, 2007 (NOTICE OF APPROVAL)

THANK YOU THANK YOU JESUS!

November 13, 2007: NVC reiceved our case

November 14, 2007: MNL Case #

November 15, 2007: Sent to MNLA

November 20, 2007: Case arrive in USEM

November 24, 2007: Got medical and interview dates

November 29, 2007: She received packet 4

December 27, 2007: Medical

January 2, 2008: Went back for MMR & Results

January 2, 2008: Passed Medical!! THANK YOU GOD!

January 2, 2008: Sent documents via Fedex

January 5, 2008: Fiancee received documents

January 9, 2008: Interview! APPROVED! THANK YOU JESUS!

January 10, 2008: Received a call from USEM

January 11, 2008: Pick up Visa at 9AM

January 11, 2008: CFO (COMPLETED)

February 5, 2008: Me arriving in Philippines

February 12, 2008: TOGETHER FOREVER!

February 12, 2008: Arrival in the USA

April 12, 2008: WEDDING!

Filed: Timeline
His name is Michael J. Gurfinkel and my thought was can I still get an attorney even though I have submitted all the papers and just waiting for the NOA2?

Sure. You can hire an attorney at any stage of the game. But you might want to hold onto your money a little longer and just hire him if/when you need him.

Unless there is something very complex about your petition I would say continue on with what you are doing. Make sure you read the guides here on VJ and get prepared for your interview.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
This just crossed my mind and would love to have your thoughts as well. There is this immigration attorney who is very well known and excellent in his cases and he is based in California but has a few locations as well including the Philippines. He also has a talk show called Citizen Pinoy which is aired by ABS-CBN, the biggest tv network in the Philippines and also broadcast their shows here in the US through Direct TV. His name is Michael J. Gurfinkel and my thought was can I still get an attorney even though I have submitted all the papers and just waiting for the NOA2?

Not that I am going to get him but this was just a thought and would love to have your opinion if this is possible. He has done lots of cases that were turned down by other attorneys and said that the cases were impossible and hopeless and turned them to green cards or whatever the cases were.

So I need your thoughts about this. If there is anyone here who is going to file for a I-129F visa and plans to have an attorney I recommend him. Here is his website: www.gurfinkel.com

Thanks guys and best of luck for us that are still waiting for our NOA2. God bless.

Personally, I think you should save your money until you know that a problem exists, where an attorney would be benefical. I know it is tough but hang in there. You are in my prayers. Good luck :thumbs:

Edited by afterforever

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Personally, I think you should save your money until you know that a problem exists, where an attorney would be benefical. I know it is tough but hang in there. You are in my prayers. Good luck :thumbs:

Thank you all guys for the encouragement and for sharing your opinions.. thanks for the prayers as well.. I will keep you guys posted once I get a good news..

I-129F

Sent I-129F on March 19, 2007

NOA1 on April 12, 2007

Touched on August 8, 2007 (RFE NOTICE)

August 13, 2007 received RFE

August 13, 2007 sent RFE

Touched August 22: RFE received and case resumed

Touched October 2, 2007 (NOTICE OF APPROVAL)

THANK YOU THANK YOU JESUS!

November 13, 2007: NVC reiceved our case

November 14, 2007: MNL Case #

November 15, 2007: Sent to MNLA

November 20, 2007: Case arrive in USEM

November 24, 2007: Got medical and interview dates

November 29, 2007: She received packet 4

December 27, 2007: Medical

January 2, 2008: Went back for MMR & Results

January 2, 2008: Passed Medical!! THANK YOU GOD!

January 2, 2008: Sent documents via Fedex

January 5, 2008: Fiancee received documents

January 9, 2008: Interview! APPROVED! THANK YOU JESUS!

January 10, 2008: Received a call from USEM

January 11, 2008: Pick up Visa at 9AM

January 11, 2008: CFO (COMPLETED)

February 5, 2008: Me arriving in Philippines

February 12, 2008: TOGETHER FOREVER!

February 12, 2008: Arrival in the USA

April 12, 2008: WEDDING!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiance & i, once think of hiring a lawyer for our K1 Visa Journey..but after reviewing the entire process & checking other cases (thru Visa Journey & other sites) we decided to take this journey by ourselves.

Now, we're on the last stage of this journey - THE INTERVIEW.. thank God for those previous stages that we're smoothly done...

there's a lot of FIL-AM couples who have the same dilemma like you guys and had been successful with this journey..

You can also post your concerns in our REGIONAL DISCUSSION - PHILIPPINES

goodluck!

alexandra

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

Filed: Timeline

I will never ever tell someone to NOT hire an atty, as each person has his/her own needs and opinions...

At the same time....I'm wondering what benefit the atty could add at this stage...the papers are in, so barring some issue...isn't your work pretty much done now?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.