JeanneVictoria

NeverEnding Embassy Soap Opera

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The immigration process has reduced me to only having two (2) brain cells left...one is lost and the other is out looking for it... :girlwerewolf2xn::help:

1. Package delivered by DHL 9/17/2007

2. RFE a joint sponsor a new police record and return Wael's passport for visa stamp

3. SOMEONE ELSE'S PASSPORT IN THE PACKAGE :ph34r:

4. Contacted embassy by phone telling them about the other poor guys passport

in our package but unfortunately it didn't seem to matter to them

5. Going to the DHL office in person to tell them about the other guys passport

in our package and they said "OHHHHHH THAT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME...WRONG

PEOPLE GET WRONG PASSPORTS" :bonk:

6. Sending email to the consul in Cairo to inform them about the other passport

and asking for instructions in returning it to the embassy

7. NO RESPONSE TO OUR EMAIL FOR A WEEK

8. After no response for a week Wael took the passport to the DHL office and they

promised they would return it properly to the embassy

9. Wael sent another email to the consul in Cairo letting them know he took the

passport to DHL

10. COUPLE MINUTES LATER WAEL RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM THE COUNSUL :

We suggest that you return everything you have received by the DHL to the Embassy that explains the problem. We will take the necessary measures to return the passport to the applicant and check your case file and see if that letter is meant for you or to the other applicant.

Regards,

Consular staff

ni

If anyone finds these two (2) cells out roaming PLEASE SEND ME A MSG IMMEDIATELY!!

THANKS,

JEANNE AND WAEL

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have seen them! They were running amuck in the streets with mine, I tried to stop them, but they overpowered me and left me in the dust!

My life has been blessed with the love of 4 of the sweetest men in the world. James, Jonathan, Nicolas, and Islam, my sons and my S/O.

OPSSSSSSS I DID IT AGAIN!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
The immigration process has reduced me to only having two (2) brain cells left...one is lost and the other is out looking for it... :girlwerewolf2xn::help:

2. RFE a joint sponsor a new police record and return Wael's passport for visa stamp

8. After no response for a week Wael took the passport to the DHL office and they

passport to DHL

We suggest that you return everything you have received by the DHL to the Embassy that explains the problem. We will take the necessary measures to return the passport to the applicant and check your case file and see if that letter is meant for you or to the other applicant.

Regards,

Consular staff

ni

If anyone finds these two (2) cells out roaming PLEASE SEND ME A MSG IMMEDIATELY!!

THANKS,

JEANNE AND WAEL

I read this when Wael posted it. You know that is down right ridiculous sending something as valuable as a passport to the wrong person. At least you guys are honest people trying to do the right thing or else you could have just pitched it in the trash can. Somebody is lucky that it went to people like you!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

####### ... Well at least it seems your case is moving hope you guys get your visa soon

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I can attest that e-mails occassionally get placed in the wrong mailbox by filters, killed by spamfilters, or just plain lost.

It normally doesn't happen - but when it does, it's the important message you sent out. :P

If you don't get a response within like 48-72 hours, you should just re-send the message.

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Timeline
I can attest that e-mails occassionally get placed in the wrong mailbox by filters, killed by spamfilters, or just plain lost.

It normally doesn't happen - but when it does, it's the important message you sent out.

If you don't get a response within like 48-72 hours, you should just re-send the message.

that's right but you know what .. that respond i got couple of minutes later after sending the second email , you can see that it was acutally a respond to my FIRST e-mail .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

It normally doesn't happen - but when it does, it's the important message you sent out.

that's right but you know what .. that respond i got couple of minutes later after sending the second email , you can see that it was acutally a respond to my FIRST e-mail .

Ahh ... so I see.

I could tell you a secret about the e-mailing net-based workplace. When service e-mails pile up ... and there's 200 messages to respond to ... the person who emailed 5 times makes the workload go down by 5 with a single response. ;) Keep it to daily e-mails or twice a day (once early, once late). Just pressing the button multiple times doesn't look good.

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

totally unrelated but when I was 17 years old I had a laporoscopy done due to problems I was having and a week after I got a letter in the mail stating I was infertile. After my mom and I finished bawling our eyes out I looked at it again and it was someone ELSE's report with the name and everything on it!!! :blink::blink:

People with valuable documents like medical records and passports really should keep an eye on who they're sending them to!!!! :angry:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

passport to DHL

Regards,

Consular staff

ni

THANKS,

JEANNE AND WAEL

dvoh8n.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline
QUOTE(wael253 @ Sep 25 2007, 03:05 PM)

Ahh ... so I see.

I could tell you a secret about the e-mailing net-based workplace. When service e-mails pile up ... and there's 200 messages to respond to ... the person who emailed 5 times makes the workload go down by 5 with a single response. Keep it to daily e-mails or twice a day (once early, once late). Just pressing the button multiple times doesn't look good.

tell you a secret :secret:

the secon time when i went to DHL office to give them the passport , it sounded like they were not welling to help ...

so i told the girl who works there ( why it seems like i'm the only one who cares about that poor guy's passport while i should be the last one to cares about it ? ) theni gave her these options

1- i will leave the passport here on the office and leave .

2- i will take the passport and go back home and would go into a deep sleep and won't bother myself anymore .

3- :bonk: i would leave the office now , get that guy phone number from the phone book , will call him and tell him that i got his passport by mistake BUT i will ask him to make a police report and state the whole problem and then will need to return his passport thru the police station to make sure that everything has been documented :bonk:

this last option scared her .. she called the head office and i believe they called their DHL office in the embassy and that's why i got email a couple of minutes later .

as you see it seems like there was nothig about the system or the e-mailing net-based workplace :pop:

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
:whistle: did u look at the name on that passport

Heehee I was thinking the same thing :P I wonder if it had the visa stamp. If so, hopefully it's Medo's (or one of our other long line of waitin'-on-Cairo-ers here) and will be making its way to the rightful owner very soon....

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

wow - this is maddening...I mean really oh my - - I wish you Jeanne and Wael all the best and hang in there - one day you will both be reunited and for all of those still waiting....i cant wait to read your posts....VISA in HAND.......

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.