AustinnPawerss

Calling everyone going thru RIYADH Embassy

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
Dear I got the call in February and am refused by the us consulate, for me its very much upsetting situation right now, it will take 3-6 months officially to get another call, so relax and stay cool, wish you luck in your process, they kept my passport and again when I got a call I thought they will give me a visa but they interviewed me hard again for almost 30 minutes ...but hope your case will be fine.

So how long has it been since your 2nd interview? and what was the interview all about?

Also what visa are you seeking to get? CR1, K1, K3

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I see over 300 visits to this Riyadh Embassy thread, but only 4 people posting, I encourage others who may be going through Riyadh Embassy to post, share your story, it's free forum just don't be specific and help your self and others by posting and sharing. Edited by MoreFreedom

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Great! I really thought I am the only one with wife visa in Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Embassy

Well my wife had her interview in the first week of Feb. and they told us it can takes up to four weeks before they send the passport with the visa thorugh Fedex, but a month is over, and I tried emailing them but they told me to stop asking and that they will commnuicate to my wife once they have any updates,

So I don't know what to do now, and why is it only in US Riyadh Embassy where after the interview you still have to wait for long time before they give you the result, I thought they will in the same day as the interview or at most the next day.

Does any one know or have any idea what's going on? my wife isn't saudi, and I am a US Citizen with Approved K3 Visa.

Please share your info here :help:

My husband also had his visa interview at Riyadh; it seemed to go pretty well. He is a Saudi; I am a USC with an approved I-130. His interview was on Feb 12. About 2 weeks after it, we emailed the consulate and they told us that our case is under "administrative review" - (which if you don't know what that is, you can learn a lot by searching other threads on this website). They also told us to email back again 2-3 wks later if we heard nothing. We have emailed them this week to see if there is any progress, but heard nothing yet.

If they do not give us any information (or if they continue to hold my husband's passport with no visa in sight, and w/o communicating with us), we are considering taking our lawyer's advice and contacting a Congressperson for help. I have also read that people on this website have called the Dept. of State to see what is happening with their visas - I might consider doing that also depending on how long we have to wait.

Well good luck to you and your wife - I hope the Riyadh consulate gets their act together soon.

KEKhan

Call the DOS..........they are super nice and will let you know what's happening.

202-663-1225

then dial 1 and then 0 at the voice prompts..............good luck..........

Read under Egypt portal about administrative processing in certain countries..........

If you love me, then I have everything I need

So how long has it been since your 2nd interview? and what was the interview all about?

Dude, I was refused in Feb 2008 you can estimate how much time has passed, my case is CR1, my wife has contaced the senetor and provided our case number and other information they asked so hope for the best, by the way we are proceeding our case through a lawyer now.

Goodluck to all of you..

Life does not offer what you deserve, it offers what you demand.

Dude, I was refused in Feb 2008 you can estimate how much time has passed, my case is CR1, my wife has contaced the senetor and provided our case number and other information they asked so hope for the best, by the way we are proceeding our case through a lawyer now.

Goodluck to all of you..

Hi AustinnPawers,

I was wondering if they ever gave you a specific reason for your refusal, or if they asked for anything else for you to bring to the consulate? I wish you good luck and I hope you will get another interview soon.

By the way the consulate wrote back to us today. They said they have no idea how long the processing will take, and if we need to get my husband's passport to let them know. At least they wrote back. I think I'll take your advice and not bother them with too many emails, since it seems like they really don't have a clue. Maybe I'll call DOS soon and see if they have anything to say.

My husband and I are considering taking some time off our jobs and going to live together in Egypt, if they really take a long time. At least they say he can get his passport back to do that. Hopefully it won't come to that, but we are starting to accept more each day that this could take many months. Oh well, we'll see...

KEKhan

Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.

~Lin Yutang

~Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hi AustinnPawers,

I was wondering if they ever gave you a specific reason for your refusal, or if they asked for anything else for you to bring to the consulate? I wish you good luck and I hope you will get another interview soon.

By the way the consulate wrote back to us today. They said they have no idea how long the processing will take, and if we need to get my husband's passport to let them know. At least they wrote back. I think I'll take your advice and not bother them with too many emails, since it seems like they really don't have a clue. Maybe I'll call DOS soon and see if they have anything to say.

My husband and I are considering taking some time off our jobs and going to live together in Egypt, if they really take a long time. At least they say he can get his passport back to do that. Hopefully it won't come to that, but we are starting to accept more each day that this could take many months. Oh well, we'll see...

KEKhan

No they never give you the reason, we need to find the reason by our selves through UCS, I took everything all the emails, photos, telephone bills everything what I had to justify our relationship but they really dont give a F**** they take every case as a fraud case and screw ppl...anyways once we will get the reason we will proceed and will update you folks as well.

Life does not offer what you deserve, it offers what you demand.

Timeline
Great! I really thought I am the only one with wife visa in Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Embassy

Well my wife had her interview in the first week of Feb. and they told us it can takes up to four weeks before they send the passport with the visa thorugh Fedex, but a month is over, and I tried emailing them but they told me to stop asking and that they will commnuicate to my wife once they have any updates,

So I don't know what to do now, and why is it only in US Riyadh Embassy where after the interview you still have to wait for long time before they give you the result, I thought they will in the same day as the interview or at most the next day.

Does any one know or have any idea what's going on? my wife isn't saudi, and I am a US Citizen with Approved K3 Visa.

Please share your info here :help:

My husband also had his visa interview at Riyadh; it seemed to go pretty well. He is a Saudi; I am a USC with an approved I-130. His interview was on Feb 12. About 2 weeks after it, we emailed the consulate and they told us that our case is under "administrative review" - (which if you don't know what that is, you can learn a lot by searching other threads on this website). They also told us to email back again 2-3 wks later if we heard nothing. We have emailed them this week to see if there is any progress, but heard nothing yet.

If they do not give us any information (or if they continue to hold my husband's passport with no visa in sight, and w/o communicating with us), we are considering taking our lawyer's advice and contacting a Congressperson for help. I have also read that people on this website have called the Dept. of State to see what is happening with their visas - I might consider doing that also depending on how long we have to wait.

Well good luck to you and your wife - I hope the Riyadh consulate gets their act together soon.

KEKhan

Call the DOS..........they are super nice and will let you know what's happening.

202-663-1225

then dial 1 and then 0 at the voice prompts..............good luck..........

Read under Egypt portal about administrative processing in certain countries..........

Thanks a lot Lyn for the info. I appreciate it.

Timeline

Goodluck to all of you..

Austin,

I wish you all the good luck on your fight, but your case was refused in Feb. 2008, I can't estimate how login has your case been in US Embassy in Riyadh, can you say how many months

Also you stated that you were interviewed again, what do you sense from that interview was the reason for the refusal?

Thanks a lot Austin for opening this thread, and for being so helpfull

Yes, thank you Austin!

I'm so glad there is a thread specifically for the Riyadh consulate. I hope more people from KSA will share their experiences here. We should all keep each other updated on how things are going. Good luck on your next appt. at the consulate,

KEKhan

Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence.

~Lin Yutang

~Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Timeline

6 weeks with no news from the embassy, and they don't even answer my emails, I don't know if I will get the visa or not, maybe my case is stack in this AR/PR that everyone is talking about, I couldn't confirm it from the DOS, as they don't have any idea.

Have any one got a visa from us embassy in Riyadh at all? speak out ppl, over 500 visit hits and only four people posting! :ph34r:

6 weeks with no news from the embassy, and they don't even answer my emails, I don't know if I will get the visa or not, maybe my case is stack in this AR/PR that everyone is talking about, I couldn't confirm it from the DOS, as they don't have any idea.

Have any one got a visa from us embassy in Riyadh at all? speak out ppl, over 500 visit hits and only four people posting! :ph34r:

I don't know if anyone has gotten the final visa from Riyadh on this website. I do know that my husband emailed our contact at the consulate, and told them we would like to get his passport back for him to travel (since they don't give us a timeline on how long they are keeping it from him). They emailed back saying they have no idea how long it will take, and to let them know ahead of time if he needs passport to pick it up.

He emailed back saying he would email one week in advacne if he needed to pick up passport, then they seemed to change tune (for some mysterious reason), and the same exact person wrote back to say, "email me again next week and remind me to send your case so it can be expedited" (by another official).

We wrote back at the beginning of this week, and reminded him. He replied and said he had sent our case for expediting. Good news? I have no idea, but it is giving us a little hope. Maybe you should try the same thing and see what they say. In my opinion no one has the right to take your ID for unlimited, unknown amts. of time. I'm glad we brought it up.

KEKhan

~Lin Yutang

Timeline

I don't know if anyone has gotten the final visa from Riyadh on this website. I do know that my husband emailed our contact at the consulate, and told them we would like to get his passport back for him to travel (since they don't give us a timeline on how long they are keeping it from him). They emailed back saying they have no idea how long it will take, and to let them know ahead of time if he needs passport to pick it up.

He emailed back saying he would email one week in advacne if he needed to pick up passport, then they seemed to change tune (for some mysterious reason), and the same exact person wrote back to say, "email me again next week and remind me to send your case so it can be expedited" (by another official).

We wrote back at the beginning of this week, and reminded him. He replied and said he had sent our case for expediting. Good news? I have no idea, but it is giving us a little hope. Maybe you should try the same thing and see what they say. In my opinion no one has the right to take your ID for unlimited, unknown amts. of time. I'm glad we brought it up.

KEKhan

But I am sorry to ask this question, are you sure it's to expedite the visa issuance not to expedite the passport sending, I hope/wish/pray that it's the first so you would be the first to get the visa out of Riyadh, because it seem like a black hole to me if no one has ever taken visa from them.

Thanks a lot for posting and sharing the info., and I wish you the best of luck in your journey

KEKhan

But I am sorry to ask this question, are you sure it's to expedite the visa issuance not to expedite the passport sending, I hope/wish/pray that it's the first so you would be the first to get the visa out of Riyadh, because it seem like a black hole to me if no one has ever taken visa from them.

Thanks a lot for posting and sharing the info., and I wish you the best of luck in your journey

I really don't know what they meant by expediting. We are planning on waiting another week before our next email, then asking them what they mean by that and what is happening now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they misunderstood my husband's last email. He had said that he would email them a week in advance IF he needed the passport back. Then they wrote back about the expediting. So maybe you are right. I was wondering why they changed their mind so suddenly.

Does anyone know what this "expediting" term means?

KEKhan

~Lin Yutang

This was how our emails looked:

Embassy Email: Your case is still pending and I have no idea how long will it take to be completed, if you need your passport you can come and collect. Please let me know if you need your passport. Regards,

My husband:

Thank you for your reply. I will email you one week in advanced if I needed to come and collect my passport. For the time being I will keep it with the embassy for the visa processing.

Embassy: Please remind me next week to remind the officer who is reviewing your case to expedite your case. Regards,

My husband: (reminded them)

Embassy: Thanks for reminding me. I informed the officer to expedite your case. Regards,

Well it looks kind of good to me, but I can't be sure. We'll find out soon I hope,

KEKhan

~Lin Yutang

Timeline
This was how our emails looked:

Embassy Email: Your case is still pending and I have no idea how long will it take to be completed, if you need your passport you can come and collect. Please let me know if you need your passport. Regards,

My husband:

Thank you for your reply. I will email you one week in advanced if I needed to come and collect my passport. For the time being I will keep it with the embassy for the visa processing.

Embassy: Please remind me next week to remind the officer who is reviewing your case to expedite your case. Regards,

My husband: (reminded them)

Embassy: Thanks for reminding me. I informed the officer to expedite your case. Regards,

Well it looks kind of good to me, but I can't be sure. We'll find out soon I hope,

KEKhan

Well Kekhan, reading the above I think it's expediting the process, but is it the final process to give visa I don't know but what's sure from the above email back and forth is that the case is under process by someone and they can't send the passport until that person is done processing wither it's the last processing or not, I don't see the above corresponding revealing it

Inshaa Allah it's to give the visa, so we can all celebrate in here :dance:

Thanks for posting and sharing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.