lynny

New York

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We are going to New York on the Memorial Day Weekend for our 2rd Wedding Anniversary, and I am hoping someone out there in VJ land knows of a good hotel in NY that is central to downtown Manhatten

We want to see the sites of NY plus take a trip to ground Zero, but neither my hubby or I know anything about NY eg, good hotels. good places to eat etc

So if there is anyone who could give me some advice it would be great, as I can see myself lost in NY and not getting to see anything of the famous landmarks etc

We have been looking on the net for hints and tips etc but each webpage links to others and now I am totally confused

thanks

Lynny

Nov 11th 2003 sent i29f form to VSC

Nov 18th 2003 received NOA 1

Jan 17th 2004 NOA 2

Feb 6th 2004 received package 3

March 11th 2004 recieved package 4

April 7th 2004 interview in Sydney

April 7th 2004 VISA GRANTED

April 27th 2004 Arrive in Boston 8.30pm

may 29th 2004 WEDDING DAY

May 11th 2004 applied for SSN

May 17th received SSN card

June 12th 2004 applied for AOS EAD AP

July 7th 2004 NOA received for AOS EAD

August 3rd 2004 Biometrics appt in Rhode Island

EAD approved online Aug 3rd 2004

EAD card arrived in the Mail Aug 9th 2004

started working 13th September 2004

applied for renewal of EAD May 9th 2005

bio appt for EAD renewal June 10th 2005 in Boston

July 6th renewal EAD approved

July 12th 2005 renewal EAD arrived in the mail

Sept 12th AOS suspended until FBI fingerprints are done

Sept 17th FBI fingerprint appt

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview success

I guess this all depends on how you define 'good' :hehe:

I reached the grand old age of 50 in Feb this year. My best friend who works for an airline took me on the trip of my life to New York to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. Kind of like pinch me is this real experience.

We stayed at the Metro 35 ish street, one block from ESB and a hop from Macys. The hotel was $38 a night. Very very good value for money and central for seeing all the sites. Comfortable, clean spacious room and excellent service. Breakfast included. Beautiful roof terrace. We took the open bus tour but also covered everywhere on foot. Brilliant location. Although not high class luxury if that is what you are looking for, I would definitely recommend and go back. Recommend Stage or Carnegie Deli for a good old fashioned sarnie!

New York is the most amazing city. Enjoy and have a wonderful anniversary.

with very best wishes, daisy

ps visit tripadviser.com for hotel recommendations.

Daisy, Surrey UK +++ DJ, California USA

March 2001: Dear Duck.... with kind regards, Daisy

April 2002: Our first visit, the start of many..

How blessed we are to meet and fall in love

May 2005: We marry in California

June 2005: We start the visa process

July 2005: NOA1

Jan 2006: NOA2

Apr 2006: Case complete

Apr 2006: NVC send file to London

June 2006: Church blessing in London

June 2006: Medical

June 2006: Interview

June 2006: VISA!!!!! :)))

Sept 2006: Daisy age 50 and 7/12ths moves to California... whoooohooooooo!

Removal of Conditions

June 2008: Mail package to CSC

July 2008: Biometrics Appt

October 2008: 10 year green card arrives in the mail.

Citizenship

January 2010: Apply for US citizenship.

March 2010: Oath ceremony. Citizenship complete!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
We stayed at the Metro 35 ish street, one block from ESB and a hop from Macys. The hotel was $38 a night. Very very good value for money and central for seeing all the sites. Comfortable, clean spacious room and excellent service. Breakfast included. Beautiful roof terrace. We took the open bus tour but also covered everywhere on foot. Brilliant location.

Are you for real? $38.00/night w/ breakfast included?

It ain't this Hotel Metro on 35th Street is it? They publish rates of $175.00 - $425.00. Does the place you stayed at have a web-site or something?

The exact same hotel. Yes, $38 a night per person. We were there for four nights in February this year.

I guess we got a very very good deal huh? I took a look at your link and cant believe the prices quoted.

with best wishes,

daisy :dance::dance:

Daisy, Surrey UK +++ DJ, California USA

March 2001: Dear Duck.... with kind regards, Daisy

April 2002: Our first visit, the start of many..

How blessed we are to meet and fall in love

May 2005: We marry in California

June 2005: We start the visa process

July 2005: NOA1

Jan 2006: NOA2

Apr 2006: Case complete

Apr 2006: NVC send file to London

June 2006: Church blessing in London

June 2006: Medical

June 2006: Interview

June 2006: VISA!!!!! :)))

Sept 2006: Daisy age 50 and 7/12ths moves to California... whoooohooooooo!

Removal of Conditions

June 2008: Mail package to CSC

July 2008: Biometrics Appt

October 2008: 10 year green card arrives in the mail.

Citizenship

January 2010: Apply for US citizenship.

March 2010: Oath ceremony. Citizenship complete!!!!!