busycharlie

Alien number#- NOA2 vs. Visa

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I noticed on my wife's visa that the alien number which was typed under my name and address is different from the alien number on her NOA2. :wacko:

The difference is this, A088XXXXXX but on visa it is A099XXXXXX.

Anybody run into this error and is there any suggestions out there about this?

Thanks in advance.

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

I think the number on the visa is the non-immigrant visa number, which would be different from the A# on the NOA2.

hopefully someone can post how knows for sure.

Congrats on your wedding :thumbs: Happy one week anniversary.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I posted in the other thread you commented in but I'll post again just in case you miss it...

Hi Charlie,

I'm sorry but I agree with you, the Alien Number doesn't change, it shouldn't be different. I checked my own visa and NOA's and the number is the same on all of them.

It sounds like someone has put a typo on your visa. That really sucks. I suggest you look elsewhere on this site to see what others have done with a visa with a typo, I know I have read posts about similar situations with typos on the names and things like that.

In the mean time, try calling the consulate where the visa was issued to ask them for advice. I'm sorry, this is just my unknowledgable suggestion, I'm sure others who have had this problem will have much better advice.

Don't stress too much, it'll be fine (just a pain in the ***)

Good Luck!

I think the number on the visa is the non-immigrant visa number, which would be different from the A# on the NOA2.

hopefully someone can post how knows for sure.

Congrats on your wedding :thumbs: Happy one week anniversary.

sorry, my mistake. I was thinking of the number on the visa in the lower right hand corner.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife and stepdaughter's A numbers do not appear on the visa at all.. just a 'controll number" and some numbers encoded along the bottom of the visa...

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Timeline
My wife and stepdaughter's A numbers do not appear on the visa at all.. just a 'controll number" and some numbers encoded along the bottom of the visa...

Look below where it says annotation. You should see your name and address and then below that is the alien number starting with the letter A, followed by 9 numbers. It is not the red number to the right of this.

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

01-12-10 NOA1

Timeline
I just checked the A# on the NOA2 and the visa are both the same.

I wish my wife's was the same. Also when looking at the I-94 you can see where the customs officer started to write A088 and then changed it to A099 which is on her visa. I think he was too lazy to say something to his supervisor and just went by the alien number on the visa. I now wonder if when he looked her up in the computer that he noticed that the numbers didn't match and just didn't say anything.

I feel a migraine coming on!!!! :blink::wacko: I called back to the Manila Embassy but they just keep on passing me around from one extension to another. I definitely got the feeling that they don't want to address their mistake.

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

01-12-10 NOA1

Timeline

Look below where it says annotation. You should see your name and address and then below that is the alien number starting with the letter A, followed by 9 numbers. It is not the red number to the right of this.

Charlie

I know the A number appears on documents we have received from USCIS in the past, but I still don't see it on the visa. I am going to try to put a copy here... lets see if it is readable:

post-24791-1189572523_thumb.jpg

I-129f Journey:

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

AOS Journey:

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-08-27 Biometrics

Citizenship Journey:

Timeline

Charlie

I know the A number appears on documents we have received from USCIS in the past, but I still don't see it on the visa. I am going to try to put a copy here... lets see if it is readable:

Yours is different looking than ours probably because of the different countries. At least you don't have to worry about the alien number being wrong, lucky you!

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

01-12-10 NOA1

Timeline

I wish my wife's was the same. Also when looking at the I-94 you can see where the customs officer started to write A088 and then changed it to A099 which is on her visa. I think he was too lazy to say something to his supervisor and just went by the alien number on the visa. I now wonder if when he looked her up in the computer that he noticed that the numbers didn't match and just didn't say anything.

I feel a migraine coming on!!!! :blink::wacko: I called back to the Manila Embassy but they just keep on passing me around from one extension to another. I definitely got the feeling that they don't want to address their mistake.

Charlie

Charlie... I would not even worry about it - I bet its just a typo on the visa that noone will ever even notice. Pretend you never discovered it :P (That's what I'd do!). Look at my wifes visa above, they did not even put the A number on there - its probably not even necessary.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-10-23 NOA2

AOS Journey:

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-08-27 Biometrics

Citizenship Journey:

Timeline

Charlie

Charlie... I would not even worry about it - I bet its just a typo on the visa that noone will ever even notice. Pretend you never discovered it :P (That's what I'd do!). Look at my wifes visa above, they did not even put the A number on there - its probably not even necessary.

Bill

I'm going to call USCIS tomorrow just to see what they say. At this point we don't know which Alien number to use on some of the AOS forms since they do ask for it so that is the difficult part to determine which one to use. We're thinking on using the one on the NOA but then again if they have her visa alien number in the computer then all sorts of red flags might pop up and we all know what happens with that.

At least it was their mistake, haha. I'm not all that worried about but being correct would be nice.

Take Care,

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

01-12-10 NOA1

Charlie

Bill

I'm going to call USCIS tomorrow just to see what they say. At this point we don't know which Alien number to use on some of the AOS forms since they do ask for it so that is the difficult part to determine which one to use. We're thinking on using the one on the NOA but then again if they have her visa alien number in the computer then all sorts of red flags might pop up and we all know what happens with that.

At least it was their mistake, haha. I'm not all that worried about but being correct would be nice.

Take Care,

Charlie

If the last 6 digits match, then it is definitely a typo. Instead of typing A099, they typed A088.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wouldn't worry too much about it Charlie, Mylene's A numbers are different between her NOA-2 and her Visa as well .. As a matter of fact, the Embassy in Manila approved my 5 year old step daughter for a K-1 visa and she has no intention of getting married at this time .. hehe .. when they did discover their error, they stamped Ashley's K-1 Visa "cancelled without predjudice" and put a K-2 visa in her passport.

Donnie and Sylvia

Timeline
I wouldn't worry too much about it Charlie, Mylene's A numbers are different between her NOA-2 and her Visa as well .. As a matter of fact, the Embassy in Manila approved my 5 year old step daughter for a K-1 visa and she has no intention of getting married at this time .. hehe .. when they did discover their error, they stamped Ashley's K-1 Visa "cancelled without predjudice" and put a K-2 visa in her passport.

Hey CB,

How have you guys been? We hope all is well. Which Alien number did you use on some of the AOS forms, the one from the NOA2 or the Visa? I called the Manila Embassy yesterday and they told me to use the one from the NOA2 but they were definitely guessing. They must have passed me around to every extension and nobody wanted to actually answer my question since they are the ones that made the mistake, hehe.

Take Care,

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

01-12-10 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.