dkrivosheyev

Time to schedule an interview?

38 posts in this topic

As far as the approval notice and it's expiration date.... I've never even heard of that, so that's how important that is. I wouldn't waste any time worrying about it. Your sweety is going to get assigned a date and then sent a packet of information. As long as she complies with what's in that packet and shows up on the date assigned, she's A-OK.

Decoding the date -

You'll see the "code" as something like MOS2007905004 or something like that. (This is the NVC case number that you'll be assigned from NVC shortly after receiving the NOA II from your area service center.)

Basically, the 2007905 is the date it was assigned to MOScow embassy at NVC. (Not fact, just my theory!) Soon, within a month or so, you'll see that number (it may be along with your service center number LIN0708551980) on the embassy's website along with the date of the interview.

You can use your NVC case number to compare to the case numers (and dates) of interviews already assigned on the website to ballpark figure your interview date.

Example:

Your NVC case number- MOS2007905012

Embassy website list-

MOS2007804001 - Dec 12

MOS2007901006 - Nov 28

MOS2006505123 - Dec 08

MOS2007923008 - Dec 16

MOS2007826002 - Nov 26

You can take a guess that your interview is going to be somewhere between the end of November and the middle of December. This is in no way a scientific process, but it does work. Sometimes! Good luck, and if you still don't understand, just wait. Eventually, you'll see your number on there as well.

Thank you! This is a very interesting theory, I never see this before. However, I don't think it works all the time - how about something like this: MOS2007573*** - the date cannot be 5/73... I guess we just wait for now.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! This is a very interesting theory, I never see this before. However, I don't think it works all the time - how about something like this: MOS2007573*** - the date cannot be 5/73... I guess we just wait for now.

No, but the date can be May 2007. Look for similar numbers and their respective interview dates. It's not exact, but you can get a ballpark figure.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Finally saw our case number on Moscow website this morning with the interview date. We are so excited - final stage is approaching!

Rounding third and heading for home.......!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Wow, home plate really seems far away if you consider citizenship to be the final score.

Speaking of sports, how about them NFL Ohio teams, they were fun to watch in the highlight realm.

Wow, home plate really seems far away if you consider citizenship to be the final score.

Speaking of sports, how about them NFL Ohio teams, they were fun to watch in the highlight realm.

It was quite a game. A fluke, more like.

Gotta get that loss out of the way early so there's no pressure to go undefeated the rest of the season. That's all the Bengals were doing. Really. That's it. WHO DEY!!!

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think there is an expression about being in the right church but the wrong pew. You guys are close but no brass ring.

You asked about MOS2007573??? That number was processed on March 14th.

This is how it works.

The MOS is the embassy, Kiev for example will have KEV numbers.

The year is next. That is pretty obvious.

Forget months. Think of January 1 as the first day of the year. Febuary one as the 32nd day of the year, March one as the 59th day of the year and March 14th as the 73rd day of the year. December 31st would of course be the 365th day of they year except on leap years.

Now take the day of the year and add it to 500 and that is the second number. I don't know the reason for adding 500 but that is the way it works. The last three numbers are the order it was processed that day. Perhaps that is why I ended up in Administrative Review. My last three numbers were 007

so one processed on January 1 will be 501 One processed on March 14th will be 573. One processed on December 31st will be 865.

OK?

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

I think there is an expression about being in the right church but the wrong pew. You guys are close but no brass ring.

You asked about MOS2007573??? That number was processed on March 14th.

This is how it works.

The MOS is the embassy, Kiev for example will have KEV numbers.

The year is next. That is pretty obvious.

Forget months. Think of January 1 as the first day of the year. Febuary one as the 32nd day of the year, March one as the 59th day of the year and March 14th as the 73rd day of the year. December 31st would of course be the 365th day of they year except on leap years.

Now take the day of the year and add it to 500 and that is the second number. I don't know the reason for adding 500 but that is the way it works. The last three numbers are the order it was processed that day. Perhaps that is why I ended up in Administrative Review. My last three numbers were 007

so one processed on January 1 will be 501 One processed on March 14th will be 573. One processed on December 31st will be 865.

OK?

Very interesting, but looks like you are correct! But how did you figure it out? I would never figure this one out by myself unless I have a hint... Great job!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks. Yes that is correct. How did I figure it out? I read it on VisaJourney two years ago but never forgot it.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

So, I'm no mathematician. I was on the right track but forgot to carry a one or something like that. Silly new math. Thanks for clearing this up, TG.

I think I remember reading something like that too, in the K-1 forum. There are people in there who are experts at this sort of thing. They live and die for USCIS and interview dates, forms and procedures. Check 'em out sometime if you are cross-eyed here.

As far as actually ascertaining you're interview date, you can find like-numbered cases on the website and guesstimate based on those. It does work. Sort of.

Русский форум член.

How long does it take to receive packet 3/4 from the embassy? My fiancee is from Urals region, so I assume it will take a while for the mail to get there from Moscow, but what is the average?

Timeline
How long does it take to receive packet 3/4 from the embassy? My fiancée is from Urals region, so I assume it will take a while for the mail to get there from Moscow, but what is the average?
I don't think anyone on here has kept track of all the mailing dates and received dates of the Moscow embassy in regards to K1 interview packets in order to adequately answer your question concerning averages. We all have different personal experiences. But even my own personal data is flawed because the only solid date I have is my NOA2, date interview date was posted online, date of receiving the packet, and lastly the date of the interview. Others who were more diligent figured out exactly when their package left the NVC, when the embassy got it, and when their packet was sent out. But even then it's doubtful that anyone on here has been tabulating this data. Experiences range wildly from a few weeks to a few months with some never receiving it at all. We got ours about 2 weeks after the interview date was posted online. But that was more than 3 years ago.

Somewhere around two weeks is probably pretty accurate. Give or take a month or two. That's just how it works in Russia.

If your S/O hasn't received it within 45 days of the interview date, I'd start e-mailing. If you're only about 30 days out, I'd start calling. If it's only going to be a week or two, and you still don't have the packet... just print the forms out from the website and fill them in yourself. Call and confirm the time/date and let the embassy know no packet was receieved but the interview will go on as scheduled.

Русский форум член.

Somewhere around two weeks is probably pretty accurate. Give or take a month or two. That's just how it works in Russia.

If your S/O hasn't received it within 45 days of the interview date, I'd start e-mailing. If you're only about 30 days out, I'd start calling. If it's only going to be a week or two, and you still don't have the packet... just print the forms out from the website and fill them in yourself. Call and confirm the time/date and let the embassy know no packet was receieved but the interview will go on as scheduled.

Well, our interview is November 1st and no packet as of yet. I called the embassy today and was told that these packets often don't come at all, "just read the instructions on the website, download the forms and come to the interview" - that's what I was told. But I am just wondering - are you supposed to mail them a checklist prior to the interview? Or you don't have to mail anything in Russia, just show up with all the documents on the scheduled day? I am a bit confused now...

Timeline
I am just wondering - are you supposed to mail them a checklist prior to the interview? Or you don't have to mail anything in Russia, just show up with all the documents on the scheduled day? I am a bit confused now...
The second statement is correct.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.