7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok all.......

Think whatever you want, but I need an answer. Ahmed has had his interview at the Cairo Embassy, and we are awaiting administrative processing, and I keep seeing posts about DOS. What is DOS, why do the papers end up there, and how do I find a number to contact them to see if our case has left the Cairo Embassy? Any information anyone could give me on this would be greatly appreciated. I write the embassy each week, and always get the same answer. It would be nice to have another place to contact to see if things are actually happening. And thank you for any responses you give me.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Department of State

# 1 202 663 1225

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Ok all.......

Think whatever you want, but I need an answer. Ahmed has had his interview at the Cairo Embassy, and we are awaiting administrative processing, and I keep seeing posts about DOS. What is DOS, why do the papers end up there, and how do I find a number to contact them to see if our case has left the Cairo Embassy? Any information anyone could give me on this would be greatly appreciated. I write the embassy each week, and always get the same answer. It would be nice to have another place to contact to see if things are actually happening. And thank you for any responses you give me.

DOS= Department of State: http://www.state.gov/

K-1 and I-601 Waiver Timeline

4/20/06: K-1 NOA Receipt 4/20/06

12/6/06: CDJ Interview - Denied - I-601 Waiver Required

12/18/06: I-601 Waiver filed

9/12/07: RECEIVED K-1 VISA!

AOS

9/14/07: Entered the United States

9/21/07: Happliy Married!

10/6/07: AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox!

10/8/07: Return Receipt stamped received by USCIS

10/19/07: NOA Receipt for AOS & EAD received

10/24/07: Case Online at USCIS.gov

11/3/07: Biometrics Appointment

11/14/07: Appointment Letter received

11/16/07: EAD Production ordered.

11/21/07: AOS Interview - Approved - Hubby is Legal Permanent Resident (Conditional)

11/23/07: Registered Customer's new permanent resident status (Online Case Status)

11/26/07: Production of EAD ordered (Online Case Status)

11/28/07: Received EAD Card!

11/30/07: Received Welcome to the U.S. Letter

12/1/07: Received GREEN CARD!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

They will ask you for your Fiance's birthdate and ask you to verify your phone number.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Timeline

DOS = Disk Operating System The predecessor to Windows. As in MS-DOS.

Oh, wait..... I'm not on the computer geek forum, am I.....

Department of State

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok all.......

DOS .. is the Department Of State

and the papers eventually end up here at the embassy .. the DOS is only a connect between the embassy and the FBI when the security check is requested .

DOS number is #2026631225 will connect you to an answer machine so remember ( 1 - 0 - 0 ) to able to talk to someone in person .

The next question is.......what all will I need when I call them? I know the case number and our names, but what else will they ask for in order to give me any information?

most of times the case number is fine .. the first time you call they may ask you a couple questions about your case such as ( the date you file / your husband full name / etc ... )

the bad part is what you hear from the DOS is not gonna be better than what you hear from the embassy in most cases .

good luck , try to get some more info in ME/NA forum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.