amal

Its Ramadan time!

65 posts in this topic

I, for one, was really dreading Ramadan this year. I can't stand the thought of not being able to drink water when I'm thirsty. The hunger sucks but thirst is the worst. THEN I realized that I've put on about 10lbs since we moved here and u know what....it just may be the thing I need to get my body back on track. If I can keep my supper meal to a very healthy level with salad and fruits, maybe I can shed what I've gained. Yes, I'm very much looking forward to Ramadan this year!

What about you all???

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Every day for the past week, around 7 p.m., Wadi will say, "We still won't have eaten by this time once Ramadan starts." Ummm, yes dear, I realize that. I think that just about sums up our excitement level.

:hehe:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
My Husband told me he is going to his family's home for the first ten days of Ramadan. At least I know he would eat more than dust there. Every year during this time he gets near fatal ill because of his fasting. The other doctors advise him to break the fast but he refuses. He also gets very light and spiritual in all his words and talks. I'm looking forward to the repeat of this at this Ramadan except for the scary close to death thing.

Me personally I don't practice it. The closest I will come is the Christian Bale diet which is basically starvation to your goal weight. LOL. You know I'm half kidding right?

Edited by OlivianWaleed

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am REALLY going to miss my morning coffee.......coffees to be exact.

But, I hope that this upcoming month will be spiritually rewarding for me.......I find that the better I feel spiritually, the easier it is for me to cope with AP hell.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've been fasting since Thursday so I'm used to it now and yes the thirst part is the worst.

Amal - in the back of my head I have been thinking, oh i hope i lose some weight while I"m fasting!!! Well today I saw that I've gained 3 pounds. It could be a combination of things including the fact that i'm not taking my diuretic while fasting since duh I'm not drinking, but still I was ticked off. Then after a while, after praying actually, I realized this could have been a sign from Allah telling me that I should focus on the real reason for fasting. That made me feel better :) It is very hard to focus on that but I am forcing myself to think of all that I did wrong this year and what I could have done better. Yesterday I was driving and a bum came to my car to ask for money. Normall I'd look away but instead I reached in and gave him a few dollars and I can't tell you how good it made me feel.

I'm very much looking forward to when it starts and lemme tell ya I'm NEVER leaving my makeup days for the very last minute again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

I'm looking forward to spending this ramadan with my husband, all of us reading the quran together and just making this a very special time.

Hope this won't be overshaddowed by me being grumpy for not eating :P .

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jenn- are you observing Ramadan again this year?! Brave!!!

I am looking forward to the first day because I plan on doing a lot of cooking for the first night. I for one do not fast during Ramadan and I am not Muslim, but it sure seems like the next few years are going to be tough ones during the summer/fall months.

Timeline

I am looking forward to the first day because I plan on doing a lot of cooking for the first night. I for one do not fast during Ramadan and I am not Muslim, but it sure seems like the next few years are going to be tough ones during the summer/fall months.

Yup, I am!

Wadi suggested we move to Alaska so that the next few years of Ramadan won't be so bad. :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yup, I am!

Wadi suggested we move to Alaska so that the next few years of Ramadan won't be so bad. :lol:

hahaha you can just take a Ramadan vacation every year to Alaska!

Timeline

Yup, I am!

Good idea. Although on second thought, aren't the days really long during Alaskan summers? Maybe we'd be better off in Australia. We're gonna have to give this some more thought. :unsure:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yup, I am!

Re more thought. :unsure:

sorry i can join in the fun of fasting durning Ramadan , i have to eat because i have low blood sugar, but i will pray for you allto get through this with no problems. yes the thirst is the worst before i found out i had low blood sugar i used to fast ,but the doctor said i can not any more ,oh well. mony Edited by mony1

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am fasting for the third year...I am not Muslim, but for some crazy reason I enjoy the challenge, the contemplation, the sense that you are doing something that will make you very appreciative of what you have, the good food, the sense of accomplishment...

I went shopping for Ramadan food tonight--the local Halal market was packed! I realized that I haven't eaten a date since last Ramadan...I also picked up a prayer/fasting schedule--the days are sure going to be long! Simo hopes to be in Morocco for the month next year--I bet it would be easier when everyone around you is also fasting. I've heard that evenings during Ramadan in Morocco are lots of fun--late movies, card games, etc.

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Every day for the past week, around 7 p.m., Wadi will say, "We still won't have eaten by this time once Ramadan starts." Ummm, yes dear, I realize that. I think that just about sums up our excitement level.

:hehe:

:lol: We just finshed dinner and Idir said eat more, Ramadan is tomorrow (not literaly of course).

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Yup, I am!

Good idea. Although on second thought, aren't the days really long during Alaskan summers? Maybe we'd be better off in Australia. We're gonna have to give this some more thought. :unsure:

:lol: good idea, just needs more thought. I spent the summer in Helsinki once. The sun didn't set til 2 am and then it was dawn at 5am. Let's head for Buenos Aires!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

Yup, I am!

:lol: good idea, just needs more thought. I spent the summer in Helsinki once. The sun didn't set til 2 am and then it was dawn at 5am. Let's head for Buenos Aires!

What do all the Muslims on the North Pole do when Ramadan falls during the summer - not eat for a month? :o

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.