Dakine

Bad news!

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unless you have special circumstances, I don't see the need to hire an immigration lawyer for K visas, and if I did hire one, I would avoid any that charge less a few grand, IMO. I'd rather do the paperwork myself and actually consult with a lawyer if I have specific questions or unique issues with my case, otherwise, you're basically paying someone else to do the filing for you (clerical work), and not really getting any legal support. Just my two cents.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
Just thought I'd lay out a bit of information on who NOT to hire for immigration or any kind of help.

Olvis Travel and Immigration in Cebu!

I didn't know anything about the process when I did my first K1 and hired good old 100% guaranteed Mike.

Owner of Olvis Immigration and Travel that has a office in Cebu and he lives in Las Vegas.

He took me for a $1000 in 2003 and the visa was outright denied.

Claimed total refund if denied also.

Never got a cent back.

He still advertizes.

"Amazing 22 Year 100% Success Track Record!"

http://www.olvis.com/

Right before the interview Red flags flew as his girls in the Cebu office told my fiance not to mention that Olvis had done the paperwork!

OOPS! To late!

Last I heard he is still in business as a friend said he saw a big sign advertizing Olvis at the airport on Mactan island.

I was referred to Olvis by some other people that have used him , they said he was fantastic. I used him and I will tell you this Mike and the staff are very professional and really knew how to handle all of the problems and made it a very smooth experience for both me and my fiancee. I am new to this board and really do not know why no one puts their name? It seems kind of funny? By the way my name is Tom Pezzuto.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
If what you say is true, can somebody report them to the proper authorities? Or even maybe Imbestigador

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2008-01-05

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-20

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-31

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-05-12

NVC Received : 2008-05-22

Packet 4 Received : 2008-06-05

Interview Date : 2008-07-18

Visa Received : 2008-08-09

US Entry : 2008-08-25

I-130 Approval : 2008-05-12

AOS/EAD sent: 2008-09-19

AOS/EAD received by Chicago Lockbox: 2008-09-23

NOA1 for AOS/EAD received: 2008-09-30

Biometrics Schedule for AOS/EAD set: 2008-10-21

Just thought I'd lay out a bit of information on who NOT to hire for immigration or any kind of help.

I didn't know anything about the process when I did my first K1 and hired good old 100% guaranteed Mike.

Owner of Olvis Immigration and Travel that has a office in Cebu and he lives in Las Vegas.

Never got a cent back.

He still advertizes.

Right before the interview Red flags flew as his girls in the Cebu office told my fiance not to mention that Olvis had done the paperwork!

OOPS! To late!

Last I heard he is still in business as a friend said he saw a big sign advertizing Olvis at the airport on Mactan island.

Never got a cent back.

He still advertizes.

OOPS! To late!

I was referred to Olvis by some other people that have used him , they said he was fantastic. I used him and I will tell you this Mike and the staff are very professional and really knew how to handle all of the problems and made it a very smooth experience for both me and my fiancee. I am new to this board and really do not know why no one puts their name? It seems kind of funny? By the way my name is Tom Pezzuto.

I didn't say the staff in Cebu wasn't professional. They seemed to be. However Mike didn't come thru with returning the money. He did finally return part of it .I think it was $150 of about $1,150.

That was for the extra I'd paid for her child that cancelled out anyway.

Glad you had a good experience with Olvis. Mine was a long ago and it looks like they may have their act together now.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Never got a cent back.

He still advertizes.

OOPS! To late!

I didn't say the staff in Cebu wasn't professional. They seemed to be. However Mike didn't come thru with returning the money. He did finally return part of it .I think it was $150 of about $1,150.

Glad you had a good experience with Olvis. Mine was a long ago and it looks like they may have their act together now.

If the Man's word is no good, then he is no good.... He should have stood by his refund policy... :angry: You should have gotten your money back!!!

I wish I had found this site before I hired good ole Mike myself. It has been two months and they still have not submitted the I-129F form. I am hoping and praying he does his job this one time. I have already paid him.

Dear old Mike did a great job for me and everyone I have spoken with. he is always available on the phone and ready to help. he got the job done in record time I actually called him yesterday and asked him about these complaints. He told me the guy that got turned down and did not get the refund had refused to write letters or keep phone records and when the girl went to the Embassy she had 5 emails from the guy and nothing else. He would not follow instructions in any way . He said if you read our guarantee provisions that clients are required to sign that you have to follow the instructions and that he guarantees the visa application will be approved bu USCIS he does not guarantee the visa unless you follow the instructions. He says he has a copy of this gentlemans approval notice on file and would be happy to show it to me. For the other fellow, he claims that he is not worth talking about , he told me if you read his site ( Mike and Annabel and read the email you will obviosly see why he did what he did.. I think you guys like to give someone a bad rap but need to look at the facts. After I read the Mike and Annabell email site anyone can see that he did nothing wrong . It looks like this Mike was pouting or something..Tom

I wish I had found this site before I hired good ole Mike myself. It has been two months and they still have not submitted the I-129F form. I am hoping and praying he does his job this one time. I have already paid him.

Dear old Mike did a great job for me and everyone I have spoken with. he is always available on the phone and ready to help. he got the job done in record time I actually called him yesterday and asked him about these complaints. He told me the guy that got turned down and did not get the refund had refused to write letters or keep phone records and when the girl went to the Embassy she had 5 emails from the guy and nothing else. He would not follow instructions in any way . He said if you read our guarantee provisions that clients are required to sign that you have to follow the instructions and that he guarantees the visa application will be approved bu USCIS he does not guarantee the visa unless you follow the instructions. He says he has a copy of this gentlemans approval notice on file and would be happy to show it to me. For the other fellow, he claims that he is not worth talking about , he told me if you read his site ( Mike and Annabel and read the email you will obviosly see why he did what he did.. I think you guys like to give someone a bad rap but need to look at the facts. After I read the Mike and Annabell email site anyone can see that he did nothing wrong . It looks like this Mike was pouting or something..Tom

Dear "old" Mike did a great job for me also. No complaints about his service. His staff in Cebu was EXCELLENT. He also was very accomodating. He'd return calls promptly any time day or night.

I actually liked the "matandang utot" and his wife Molly also.

Only problem was he claimed 100% approval and refund if denied and didn't come thru with the refund as he claimed he would when my fiance was denied.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
I talked to that guy once. He asked me if I was crazy! He said with so many women in the Philippines, why would I choose one that had a child? He suggested I dump Mary and go out to one of the provinces and get me one without kids. That was the first time and the last time I talked to him.If he treated my Mary like a commodity, imagine what he would have done with the paperwork?

I am just glad that I did not use him. He takes advantage of people and that is not right. I agree, and this is one person you do not want to use !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ranting::ranting::protest::protest:

Darned if "Old Mike" doesn't have a point! It's all a matter of perspective. If I were in the market to find a girl, I wouldn't have chosen one with kids. I don't think that's unreasonable.

I wasn't looking for anyone when I met my wife. I was working in the Philippines and it just happened. We have four children as far as I'm concerned, three here now and working on the oldest coming here. That was my choice, and I couldn't have asked for better children than I have. They know what they have now, and it's not because I ever told them, or made any kind of deal out of it.

Maybe the dump Mary part was a little too much, but hey, always keep your options open if you can. I'm beyond that now, my choice. You should always decide what is right for yourself. Not anyone else. :devil:

If you need someone to help with the immigration process on the Philippines side of things or any legal matter in the Philippines, I recommend this person 100% as being honest and knowing what they are doing:

http://www.philippinelegalservices.com/services.html

I remember hearing complaints about Olvis Immigration and Travel going back to 2000 when I was a active member of the Mag-anak.org.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mike and the Staff at Olvis Immigration Rocks!

They have been so helpful they have taken AWSOME care of my girl and have helped us a great deal through this journey. We received our NOA1 April 9th then the NOA2 August 5th.

Got Our Affidavit of Support Completed and now are waiting for our Interview time.

They SPELL OUT all requirements and stay on top of everything, if you follow the requirement and don’t keep out anything things will go great, but unfortunately people sometimes just don’t listen. Period!

You hire a company to help and you do things your own way, well that would have to be your own fault then.

I must say if you screw up why should you get a refund? I am a business owner and know how life works.

If you don’t listen and can’t read keep things to yourself.

-Richard :thumbs:

Timeline

They have been so helpful they have taken AWSOME care of my girl and have helped us a great deal through this journey. We received our NOA1 April 9th then the NOA2 August 5th.

Got Our Affidavit of Support Completed and now are waiting for our Interview time.

They SPELL OUT all requirements and stay on top of everything, if you follow the requirement and don’t keep out anything things will go great, but unfortunately people sometimes just don’t listen. Period!

You hire a company to help and you do things your own way, well that would have to be your own fault then.

I must say if you screw up why should you get a refund? I am a business owner and know how life works.

Olvis Travel and Immigration in Cebu

QC Pavilion Suite 116-117

Gorordo Avenue

Cebu City, Philippines 6000

From Cebu: 231-7625

From other areas in the Philippines: (032) 231-7625

From the U.S. to the Philippines: 011-63-32-231-7625

To our Las Vegas Office: 1-702-655-4578

Toll Free 1-877-226-6751 to our Cebu City office

http://www.olvis.com

-Richard

Timeline

Never got a cent back.

He still advertizes.

OOPS! To late!

They SPELL OUT all requirements and stay on top of everything, if you follow the requirement and don't keep out anything things will go great, but unfortunately people sometimes just don't listen. Period!

If you don't listen and can't read keep things to yourself.

Gorordo Avenue

-Richard

Edited by webcritic

Timeline

Never got a cent back.

He still advertizes.

OOPS! To late!

Gorordo Avenue

-Richard

:dance::thumbs:

This is none of my business but I was wondering if Tpezzuto and webcritic are one and the same person and if they are hired by OLVIS or the Olvis owner himself? It seems they just joined VJ to dispute the bad experiences of other people who used OLVIS. :unsure: If it is so, isn't that a bit unprofessional to be challenging displeased clients this way? They paid for the service, it was undelivered, they do have the right to vent... adding more insults to injury will only add to their displeasure with OLVIS and this is not the only forum that displeased clients could vent, would Olvis need to run all over the net to challenge every word against them then?

Cebu Pacific has had MANY displeased clients who are venting all over cyber space yet cebu pacific do not follow and challenge everything, they just continue to do what they can in the best way they can and let the few satisfied travellers spread the good news for them. Can't olvis do the same? Personally, I don't believe praises I read from supposed "overly satisfied clients" posted on a companies personal site coz it is easy to make up one.. word of mouth from people you personally know still holds greater value.

Well, we didn't go through any agency or any immigration lawyers, we just have "DEAR OLD VJ" and the "DEAR OLD VJERS" to assist us for FREE and we were approved with no problem at all. Filed:January 29, 2008, NOA1:Feb. 1, NOA2:March 18, Visa on hand:June 3 (i would have gotten the visa sooner if I grabbed the April 1 interview date that was first offered to us when we called)... by the way my fiance has had 3 divorce, I have 2kids... i also know quiet a number whose fiancee has been annuled or some petitioners who has filed petitions for other person before, and or someone who was denied a tourist visa before, or some other minor complications and they also didn't hire lawyers or agencies and was approved in no time with no problem at all.

As others have said, if your case has no big complications, there is ABSOLUTELY no need to hire immigration agency or lawyer. The process only seems complicated at first but when you start working on it, it is just a very simple process actually. Immigration agencies and immigration lawyers WILL NOT and CAN NOT make the process any faster than other cases NO MATTER what they claim. We were approved in less than 2 months all because VSC was working faster that time as compared to how they are doing now.

And by the way, VJ also SPELL OUT all requirements and STAY ON TOP OF EVERYTHING AND SO MUCH MORE because we have people here who are going through the process in real time, day in and day out (day time in philippines, night time in other countries and vice versa). And there are members here who are lawyers, doctors, researchers and etc., no immigration agency or immigration lawyer can claim that diversity of information sources... and all for FREE.

PEACE OUT! :thumbs:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.