dazzler

What do i take to my interview?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What do i have to take with me to my interview at the US consulate in London?

we have been waiting just over 4 months, and the thought of been interrogated or somethng at my interview is already worrying me alot, so id like to be well prepared for it.

Date I-129F Sent : 17th May 07

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 29th May 07

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 10th October 07

Police Check Request Sent: 18th October 07

Date Package Received By NVC : 16th November 07

Date Package Left From NVC : 21st November 07

Police Check Received: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Sent from Consular: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Received: ???? Sent to Wrong Address (forms and medical already prepared, printed checklist online and returned)

Packet 3 Returned: 6th December 07

Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 7th December 07

Medical Exam London: 17th December 07

Interview Date: 2nd January 08 APPROVED!!! :-)

Fly to JFK: 16th January 08

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

we have been waiting just over 4 months, and the thought of been interrogated or somethng at my interview is already worrying me alot, so id like to be well prepared for it.

What interview are you going for K1,K3,CR1. Please fill in your timelime so that we can give you the right answers

Best Wishes,

Jamil

Met online

Filed for K1--> Denied 2005

-------------------------------------------

Married and filed for K3 2006

Got K3 this time --->August 2007

Entered the US-----> September 2007

Waiting to Adjust Status--->..............

***Live Like You Are Going To Die Tomorrow,

Dream Like You Are Going To Live Forever!***

Timeline

I had my interview in London for K1 visa in January. I am writing under my husbands name in this reply but you can see my experience under kax. it does seem daunting but it really was not too bad. Take everything they ask for in packet 4 and you should be ok. Good luck

Timeline

I don't have the Packet 4 yet, i just read on the US embassy of London website that they will send me that once i recieve the NOA2 is this correct?

Is there anywhere i can download this? I would like to be very well prepared

Date I-129F Sent : 17th May 07

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 29th May 07

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 10th October 07

Police Check Request Sent: 18th October 07

Date Package Received By NVC : 16th November 07

Date Package Left From NVC : 21st November 07

Police Check Received: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Sent from Consular: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Received: ???? Sent to Wrong Address (forms and medical already prepared, printed checklist online and returned)

Packet 3 Returned: 6th December 07

Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 7th December 07

Medical Exam London: 17th December 07

Interview Date: 2nd January 08 APPROVED!!! :-)

Fly to JFK: 16th January 08

Timeline
I don't have the Packet 4 yet, i just read on the US embassy of London website that they will send me that once i recieve the NOA2 is this correct?

Is there anywhere i can download this? I would like to be very well prepared

I don't think you can down load pkt4. It will come soon. Make sure you have police check, birth certificate, divorce and marriage certificate if applicable and evidence of your relationship. In fact if you have packet3 it tells you the same as pkt4 and gives you a tick list of everything you need and it is only when you have all the required documents should you send packet 3 back to the embassy ( not documents, you take them with you to your interview )

I made a complete copy of the K-1 petition that Claudeth took along with the I-134 I sent her and various other documents and pictures

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

The progression of forms is very straightforward: NOA2, then Packet 3 (the various DS forms, stuff on the I-134, info on how to book your medical, checklist of documents). You will not receive Packet 4 until you have sent back the checklist to the Embassy to let them know you have assembled all the relevant documents and are ready to be interviewed. This is really important -- more than one VJer has been wondering, "where is my Packet 4?" and they haven't let the Embassy know they're ready!

Packet 4 is essentially only your interview date and a bit of bumpf about your medical, just in case you haven't scheduled it yet.

Edited by elmcitymaven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.