dazzler

new and confused

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, everybody i am new to this site and i could really use a little adice seeing that my lawyer isnt very helpful answering my questions... But i got a letter statiing that the USIC has recieved my application on the 26th of may. I was wondering how accurate the processing times on the USIC california center are? It says that they are currently working on applications that were filed in febuary. Im just finding it very hard to cope right now not knowing when the next time will be that i see my fiance, especialy since i hear that there is a big delay at the california center. If we got accepted at the end of may when do yall suppose he will be able to be here with me.. november? christmas

Thanks

Date I-129F Sent : 17th May 07

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 29th May 07

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 10th October 07

Police Check Request Sent: 18th October 07

Date Package Received By NVC : 16th November 07

Date Package Left From NVC : 21st November 07

Police Check Received: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Sent from Consular: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Received: ???? Sent to Wrong Address (forms and medical already prepared, printed checklist online and returned)

Packet 3 Returned: 6th December 07

Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 7th December 07

Medical Exam London: 17th December 07

Interview Date: 2nd January 08 APPROVED!!! :-)

Fly to JFK: 16th January 08

The dates that USCIS posts on their website are from the oldest cases that they're currently working on. So those dates are rather misleading - there are quite a few here who have already received NOA2s from May.

You can do a timeline search to get a rough estimate as to when you can expect your fiance. :)

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
The dates that USCIS posts on their website are from the oldest cases that they're currently working on.

Not necessarily true... but it is one of two factors the USCIS uses to determine what date to report. The first factor is are they meeting there "goal" (which is 6 mos. BTW) and if they are in compliance, then they report a date of 6 mos. If they are not in complaiance then they will report the actual case dates....

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The dates that USCIS posts on their website are from the oldest cases that they're currently working on.

Not necessarily true... but it is one of two factors the USCIS uses to determine what date to report. The first factor is are they meeting there "goal" (which is 6 mos. BTW) and if they are in compliance, then they report a date of 6 mos. If they are not in complaiance then they will report the actual case dates....

ohh, ok thanks so much.

How do you do a timeline search?

Date I-129F Sent : 17th May 07

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 29th May 07

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 10th October 07

Police Check Request Sent: 18th October 07

Date Package Received By NVC : 16th November 07

Date Package Left From NVC : 21st November 07

Police Check Received: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Sent from Consular: 26th November 07

Packet 3 Received: ???? Sent to Wrong Address (forms and medical already prepared, printed checklist online and returned)

Packet 3 Returned: 6th December 07

Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 7th December 07

Medical Exam London: 17th December 07

Interview Date: 2nd January 08 APPROVED!!! :-)

Fly to JFK: 16th January 08

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You might also learn more if you went into Regional Discussions, sub-forums, UK...

There might be someone like you who filed in April or May. You can all help each other along :)

It'd be easier if you filled in your timeline....my assistant, edit/add my timeline

Edited by Tinker

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

Filed: Timeline
Hi, everybody i am new to this site and i could really use a little adice seeing that my lawyer isnt very helpful answering my questions... But i got a letter statiing that the USIC has recieved my application on the 26th of may. I was wondering how accurate the processing times on the USIC california center are? It says that they are currently working on applications that were filed in febuary. Im just finding it very hard to cope right now not knowing when the next time will be that i see my fiance, especialy since i hear that there is a big delay at the california center. If we got accepted at the end of may when do yall suppose he will be able to be here with me.. november? christmas

Thanks

We just received our NOA2 and our application had been received on May 23, so in theory, you shouldn't be far behind. Then I believe it takes about 100 days average til your fiance gets their interview, so maybe by Christmas?? Who knows!! Good luck!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.