6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Can anyone provide me with information concerning a late filing for AOS. These new fees have added a little more time to my schedule and it appears I will file late now. ( What are the ramifications if any for filing late?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We waited a year to file and have had no problems so far. All we are waiting for is the medical (which we were RFEd) to be available so we can send it to USCIS. If they were going to take issue with how long we waited, methinks they would have done so by now (I mean, they've had long enough...)

Good luck

Annie

2005 August 27th Happily Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This now brings up another question. If there is not a time limit to file for this, then is is possible to file an AOS for my wife in one month, then her oldest son the next month, then finally her youngest son in the 3rd month? Or should they all be filed at the same time?

Filed: Timeline

I dont see any reason that you would not be able to do as you have sugested.... I would file your wifes first and then once you have her NOA1 include a copy of that with each childs application, just so they know that their mother has filed... it may take longer to get everybody's Grencards and you may well end up having 3 interviews.. but I dont see anywhere on the USCIS site where it says that a childs application has to be mailed at the same time as the mother...

Kez

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
This now brings up another question. If there is not a time limit to file for this, then is is possible to file an AOS for my wife in one month, then her oldest son the next month, then finally her youngest son in the 3rd month? Or should they all be filed at the same time?

I would wait for until they all came in. IF you file for your wife, it will cost $930 plus bios. then next month other $930 cause you are not filing them together.. if you file together, it is cheaper.

I need to file for my step son and my wife had her gc already so, as the snail that I am, it costs me more money for beling slow. :lol:

good luck

yogi

Edited by yogib37

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.