Epiphany

Philippine Bank payment DS156 or DS157?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My gal went to the bank today to pay the 100 dollars. They refused to stamp paid on the DS156 like the Packet 4 states. In stead they told her to take a DS157 and attach it to the ds156. I told her the packet 4 states it MUST be on the 156. I like to follow the instructions to the letter. I have seen to many people have problems by not doing exactly what they were told to do. I told her to go back to the bank and ask for a manager and bring the packet 4 instructions with her. I told her not to take no for an answer. It says to mark paid on the ds156 so thats what she needs to do.

Ideas? Anyone else have this problem?

My gal went to the bank today to pay the 100 dollars. They refused to stamp paid on the DS156 like the Packet 4 states. In stead they told her to take a DS157 and attach it to the ds156. I told her the packet 4 states it MUST be on the 156. I like to follow the instructions to the letter. I have seen to many people have problems by not doing exactly what they were told to do. I told her to go back to the bank and ask for a manager and bring the packet 4 instructions with her. I told her not to take no for an answer. It says to mark paid on the ds156 so thats what she needs to do.

I think thats a typographical error, it was corrected here on Sheriffs signature that it must be the DS157 form, produce 2 copies and 1 of which is validated by the bank

Edited by skyblue06

K2 ROC Time line
08/31/11 - package sent to CSC
09/02/11 - package delivered(Labor day weekend)
09/07/11 - check cashed
09/21/11 - requested NOA replacement
09/29/11 - received replacement of NOA(no NOA date)
02/03/12 - email received card production ordered!!!
02/09/12 - GC received

N-400 Time line
09/05/12 - package sent to Phoenix AZ
09/07/12 - package received
09/10/12 - NOA sent
09/11/12 - check cashed, email and text received
09/13/12 - biometrics sent
09/14/12 - received NOA(took 4 days to received!!!)
09/15/12 - biometrics letter received
09/26/12 - finger print done
09/28/12 - placed in line for an interview schedule
11/21/12 - interview scheduled
11/28/12 - received interview letter
12/26/12 - INTERVIEW DAY at 2pm
12/31/12 - scheduled for oath ceremony
01/17/13 - OATH CEREMONY

I-30 Petition for Father

6/23/16 - sent application

6/29/16 - NOA1

8/03/16 - NOA2

9/19/16 - NVC approved notice thru email

9/25/16 - AOS fee paid online

I see, you did not read the Sheriff's guide. :-)

But anyway, your gal is correct. It is the DS-157 (NOT the DS-156) that should be stamped by the bank when paying the fee.

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The bank teller will stamp the Form DS-157, not form DS-156.

The applicant will submit these during her interivew -2 copies of form DS-157 one which came from the bank with validation at the back, 2 copies of form DS-156 and 1 copy of form DS-156K.

its DS157. its in the sherrif ulings guide and in the packet 4 they have erased the DS156 and changed to DS157

IM looking as I type this at the official form sent by the embassy. It states DS156. Im doing what I was told to do by the US Embassy.

If its a typo then they need to inform me of that. I cant mind read for Gods sake. I dont want to make any mistakes.

This packet 4 is only 1 month old when did they change the instructions?

Edited by Epiphany

its DS157. its in the sherrif ulings guide and in the packet 4 they have erased the DS156 and changed to DS157

IM looking as I type this at the official form sent by the embassy. It states DS156. Im doing what I was told to do by the US Embassy.

If its a typo then they need to inform me of that. I cant mind read for Gods sake. I dont want to make any mistakes.

This packet 4 is only 1 month old when did they change the instructions?

OK she just got back. They photocopied her 157 and marked paid. BUT they removed the expiration off the top???? Why?

Is a photocopy OK?

This is not giving me the warm and fuzzy feeling.

I have an epiphany for you... Read Section 4.3 of the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide. Hehehehe!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have an epiphany for you... Read Section 4.3 of the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide. Hehehehe!!!

Just out of curiosity. Why would a person disregard the "official" form from the united states and randomly read some web site for such important information like this?

because the embassy's form has a typographical error. thats why :blink:

Edited by ryza

Timeline

Just out of curiosity. Why would a person disregard the "official" form from the united states and randomly read some web site for such important information like this?

Because some of the people here have done this before and know how it works (and the people who publish the forms apparently have not, and don't). :lol:

Because some of the people here have done this before and know how it works (and the people who publish the forms apparently have not, and don't). :lol:

E...

It all comes together to form one sweet word.... epiphany... hehehehe... :devil:

The USE version is from the point of view of a true nonimmigrant visa which uses the I-156 (Nonimmigrant Visa Application) as the validation form upon payment of the visa fee. This error is a technical oversight on behalf of our dearly beloved USE concerning the K1 Fiance(e) Visa. The DS-157 (Supplemental Nonimmigrant Application) is the form validated by the bank upon payment of the visa application fee for ALL K1 visas. However, that information is explicitly written within Section 4.3 of the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide, which is why we have a modified version of Packet 4. I have written the USE in hopes they would correct this technical oversight, but no action has happened to date.

Hope this helps and please read the guide thoroughly...

Sheriff Uling

p.s. - Not to seem rude, but most of us have been through the Visa Stage of the process. Unless something has drastically change, we are writting from experience. However, we learn more from the new members of VJ as the process evolves. So keep the questions coming and hopefully we can all work together to find a resolution.

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

OK she just got back. They photocopied her 157 and marked paid. BUT they removed the expiration off the top???? Why?

Is a photocopy OK?

Welcome to the Philippines. They no doubt removed the expiration date as they didn't have the latest forms.

Some people have been given expired forms from the bank and they still flew!

Original copy of the DS 157, with the bank stamp on the back filled out by hand or typewriter. Plus a photocopy or one filled out online attached together. No need the receipt from the bank.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Of course you are right and should totally disregard the fact that everyone here that interviewed in Manila had the DS-157 stamped. If reading the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide is some random web site, I would totally disregard it too. You should stand by that form and refuse to go to the interview until BPI changes their ways and complies with the instructions you were sent.

Is the Manila embassy website somehow less "official" than the instruction sheet you were sent?

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline

E...

It all comes together to form one sweet word.... epiphany... hehehehe... :devil:

The USE version is from the point of view of a true nonimmigrant visa which uses the I-156 (Nonimmigrant Visa Application) as the validation form upon payment of the visa fee. This error is a technical oversight on behalf of our dearly beloved USE concerning the K1 Fiance(e) Visa. The DS-157 (Supplemental Nonimmigrant Application) is the form validated by the bank upon payment of the visa application fee for ALL K1 visas. However, that information is explicitly written within Section 4.3 of the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide, which is why we have a modified version of Packet 4. I have written the USE in hopes they would correct this technical oversight, but no action has happened to date.

Hope this helps and please read the guide thoroughly...

Sheriff Uling

p.s. - Not to seem rude, but most of us have been through the Visa Stage of the process. Unless something has drastically change, we are writting from experience. However, we learn more from the new members of VJ as the process evolves. So keep the questions coming and hopefully we can all work together to find a resolution.

sherrif

i received my packet and they have modified the D156 to DS157 but they just marked out the DS156 and changed it to DS157 lol (handwritten) :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.