7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

You may remember my posting last week because we never received an RFE for our AOS. Well, the letter finally came (asking for my W-2s, I realize that it was an oversight on my part, but it's still annoying that a month and a half was lost for something that literally took me half an hour. Stupid post office).

Anyway, the returned W-2s/RFE notice were accepted and signed for on Thursday of last week. Should I expect my case to be touched soon? I'm slightly concerned that it hasn't been touched yet, because while I realize that I could be in for a long wait for approval, I was under the impression that they would scan it when they received it resulting in a touch. If anyone could let me know if this is normal I would appreciate it. I know I'm being a bit paranoid, but we all know how nerve-wracking this process is.

Also, if anyone happens to have any insight into how much longer we should expect to wait for the EAD that would be great. I realize they technically have another 90 days, I'm just really hoping it won't take that long!

Thanks,

demiurgician

You'll get a notice saying your case has been resumed. We sent ours on the 15th, and it was received on the 17th. We got an email today saying, "Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing

has resumed." You'll get it, just be patient.

:time:

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
You'll get a notice saying your case has been resumed. We sent ours on the 15th, and it was received on the 17th. We got an email today saying, "Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing

Would you please look at your request REF letter, if your A# is correct. My A# is missing " 0"

It should be A 0 XXXXXXXX but on the letter is A XXXXXXXX. I am worry about it.

We did not get touched after we sent back our RFE and we didnt get a notice saying anything about them receiving it.

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Would you please look at your request REF letter, if your A# is correct. My A# is missing " 0"

It should be A 0 XXXXXXXX but on the letter is A XXXXXXXX. I am worry about it.

Mine was missing a zero too. That's fine.

It can take from a week to who knows how long to get an email that the case processing has been resumed. USCIS are very slow.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

My case hasn't been touched since June 25th, my EAD case is not even online yet (after almost 80 days), and I didn't get any notices when they got my RFE back, but I know they resumed my case cos I got my interview letter.

I called USCIS about this and they said they have a HUGE back log on getting their online cases updated. You might want to call them just to double check, but you're not the only one not getting any updates after an RFE.

TIMELINE

K1 visa 2006

May 9th Sent I-129 petition

May 16th NOA1 telling us they sent our case to California Service Center

June 23rd IMBRA RFE

Sept. 5th NOA2!!!!

Dec. 12th Interview at Consulate APPROVED!!!

Dec. 14th Visa received

March 19th Move to the US!

AOS

June 15th Sent AOS and AED package

June 25th NOA1s for AOS and AED

July 21st Appointment for Biometrics

July 24th RFE (co-sponsor's passport copy) sent back

Sept. 10th EAD aproved

Sept. 12th EAD card received in the mail

Oct. 9th AOS Interview. APPROVED!!!

Oct. 19th GREEN CARD received!!

126 days!!!

Our A# was correct, no zeros missing.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.