Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Try calling them instead 020 7486 7822 :)

Found here http://www.visamedicals.info/us.asp

Edited by Holly2234

CR-1
07-01-2011 : Married

05-10-2012 : I-130 Mailed to London (DCF)
05-11-2012 : I-130 Delivered and signed for at Embassy
05-18-2012 : NOA1 Email
07-26-2012 : NOA2 (69 days)
07-28-2012 : NOA2 hard copy received
08-10-2012 : LND Case number received. Letter dated 08-07-2012
08-15-2012 : DS-230 and DS-2001 mailed to Embassy
08-23-2012 : Medical
09-14-2012 : Emailed Embassy and confirmed DS forms have finally been logged (After 29 days)
09-22-2012 : Interview letter received. Dated September 19th.
10-03-2012 : Interview - Approved!
NOA1 to Interview - 138 days.
10-10-2012 : Passport with Visa delivered two hours late at 8pm.
10-22-2012 : POE Philadelphia
11-15-2012 : Green Card received in mail
12-11-2012 : Went to the Social Security office to apply for SSN after it did not arrive.
12-15-2012 : SSN Arrived in 4 days.

05-09-2013 : Left USC Husband.
11-28-2013: Filed for divorce.

05-01-2014: Divorced

05-08-2014: Sent I-751 petition to VSC

05-13-2014: NOA1 (was not postmarked until 5/22/14 and received on 5/24/14)
06-18-2014: Biometrics in St. Albans, VT

11-21-2014: RFE. Received on 11/24/14.

01-22-2015: Interview notice mailed out. Received 1/26/15

02-12-2015: Interview in St Albans, VT - Approved during interview!

CRBA
08-16-2012 : CRBA in London for our daughter - Approved!
09-11-2012 : CRBA and Passport arrived.
09-25-2012 : SSN Arrived. Mailed from MD on 09-17-2012

Try calling them instead 020 7486 7822 :)

Found here http://www.visamedicals.info/us.asp

Thank you Holly, managed to get through on Skype after 40 minutes of trying!

One thing that caught my attention, she told me to bring my Embassy appointment letter. I don't have this yet though and will not for a few weeks after my medical.

Is this a problem?

Thank you Holly, managed to get through on Skype after 40 minutes of trying!

One thing that caught my attention, she told me to bring my Embassy appointment letter. I don't have this yet though and will not for a few weeks after my medical.

Is this a problem?

No. K1s won't have an appointment letter, but you will bring the police certificate. CR1/IR1 spouses processed at NVC get an interview appointment assigned at NVC and do have one they could show.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

No. K1s won't have an appointment letter, but you will bring the police certificate. CR1/IR1 spouses processed at NVC get an interview appointment assigned at NVC and do have one they could show.

Why thank you Nick, you are flying down and answering all of my questions in one swoop!

Trying to organise this all from Baghdad and finding it hard to do my job and spend hours and hours researching, this site is a god send.

Thank you very much.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

Went to my GP this morning to have my MMR shot as that was the only one I was missing. I am going back in 4 weeks to have the booster...just have a few questions for those of you that have been through it or are in the same boat right now. If I book my medical next week & show them my immunisation records, it will show today's shot but obviously not the booster. I have scheduled it though & have an appointment confirmation for approx 4 weeks time. Will the Dr in Knightsbridge query that I am not fully immunised as I haven't had the booster yet? Does that mean I have to wait until I have had the booster until I can book the medical? This seems like a waste of time to me?

Also according to Knightsbridges' website, on the check list of what to bring it states :

Vaccination records, with original certification

Does this just mean a signature from my GP or is there some specific type of certification that is necessary? I have my records signed by my GP & the nurse that administered the shots.

Hi all,

Went to my GP this morning to have my MMR shot as that was the only one I was missing. I am going back in 4 weeks to have the booster...just have a few questions for those of you that have been through it or are in the same boat right now. If I book my medical next week & show them my immunisation records, it will show today's shot but obviously not the booster. I have scheduled it though & have an appointment confirmation for approx 4 weeks time. Will the Dr in Knightsbridge query that I am not fully immunised as I haven't had the booster yet? Does that mean I have to wait until I have had the booster until I can book the medical? This seems like a waste of time to me?

Exactly! and DOS and USCIS agree with you. If you have your medical next week, then your DS-3025 immunization record should be marked "insufficient time interval" for the MMR and you are eligible for a blanket waiver. Knightsbridge nurse may tell you incorrectly to go to your GP later or may write on your form "due in 3 weeks". For your AOS, if you were as complete as possible on the date that DS-3025 is signed, then USCIS accepts it. You will be complete because it is not medically appropriate to have another MMR yet. USCIS will go by the date of the medical to determine your eligibility. Keep in mind the other shots Tdap and Influenza (only during flu season)must also be on that sheet. And you need to say you had chickenpox to get VH by varicella and thus get that shot waived. If those are present, you do not need MMR #2 or to see a civil surgeon in the US before AOS.

Also according to Knightsbridges' website, on the check list of what to bring it states :

Vaccination records

Does this just mean a signature from my GP or is there some specific type of certification that is necessary? I have my records signed by my GP & the nurse that administered the shots.

Anything that indicates it came from a real doctor or clinic...Practice address/name, signature, signed printout from computerized records. There is no special form.

Edit to add: Here's the medical forms http://www.visajourney.com/downloads/Medical_Forms.pdf

See page 7 for the immunization sheet. Make sure the nurse marks the column "insufficient time interval" by MMR with a check mark.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Exactly! and DOS and USCIS agree with you. If you have your medical next week, then your DS-3025 immunization record should be marked "insufficient time interval" for the MMR and you are eligible for a blanket waiver. Knightsbridge nurse may tell you incorrectly to go to your GP later or may write on your form "due in 3 weeks". For your AOS, if you were as complete as possible on the date that DS-3025 is signed, then USCIS accepts it. You will be complete because it is not medically appropriate to have another MMR yet. USCIS will go by the date of the medical to determine your eligibility. Keep in mind the other shots Tdap and Influenza (only during flu season)must also be on that sheet. And you need to say you had chickenpox to get VH by varicella and thus get that shot waived. If those are present, you do not need MMR #2 or to see a civil surgeon in the US before AOS.

Anything that indicates it came from a real doctor or clinic...Practice address/name, signature, signed printout from computerized records. There is no special form.

Edit to add: Here's the medical forms http://www.visajourn...dical_Forms.pdf

See page 7 for the immunization sheet. Make sure the nurse marks the column "insufficient time interval" by MMR with a check mark.

Thank you Nick, this is so helpful. I wanted to make sure I wasn't shooting myself in the foot by getting ahead before I was technically supposed to. I do have TDAP on my records & it's not flu season until October plus I had pox twice as a child so I should be covered. I had no idea this meant that I didn't need MMR #2? My nurse didn't know that either. Either way I have it scheduled.

Just want to make sure that Knightsbridge will have the DS-3025 form themselves & will fill it out for me once the medical is over? Also the questionnaire, do they post me that before hand or are we supposed to get it online somewhere ourselves?

Thank you Nick, this is so helpful. I wanted to make sure I wasn't shooting myself in the foot by getting ahead before I was technically supposed to. I do have TDAP on my records & it's not flu season until October plus I had pox twice as a child so I should be covered. I had no idea this meant that I didn't need MMR #2? My nurse didn't know that either. Either way I have it scheduled.

Just want to make sure that Knightsbridge will have the DS-3025 form themselves & will fill it out for me once the medical is over? Also the questionnaire, do they post me that before hand or are we supposed to get it online somewhere ourselves?

Let me say that the US recommends to everybody, not just immigrants, two MMRs because the first one doesnt create immunity in a small percentage of the population. So from an immunity standpoint, a second one would be good for you maybe. But if you are just looking to get your greencard, you do not have to ever prove a second one to USCIS if your DS-3025 is complete on the date of your medical as detailed above about waivers, timing etc. Now if you go to the US and try to enroll in public school, the school may expect you to meet the US recommendations. So I was speaking from a getting the greencard perspective only.

Yes, Knightsbridge has the medical forms. That's their job. The originaL goes to the embassy along with all the other pages they fill out. They will give you a photocopy of only the immunization page. Your whole K1 file including medical forms will be in a white or brown envelope sent to you with your passport and visa. It is marked "Do Not Open". You turn it over at POE. When you apply for AOS, your envelope you turned in, is ordered out of storage and matched up with your AOS file. That's how they determine if you met the medical and immunization requirements for a greencard. If that file is lost by USCIS (it happens), then you will start all over with a medical exam with a civil surgeon.

The questionnaire--- you haven't read the London embassy website completely or you would have found it.

1. Go back to your instruction start page. http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html
  2. Read Step Two again for a clue, particularly the last sentence.
  3. Do what that sentence you found says
  4. You will be on a new page now. Your answer is on the right.

:star: There is a prize for winning this scavenger hunt. :star:

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Let me say that the US recommends to everybody, not just immigrants, two MMRs because the first one doesnt create immunity in a small percentage of the population. So from an immunity standpoint, a second one would be good for you maybe. But if you are just looking to get your greencard, you do not have to ever prove a second one to USCIS if your DS-3025 is complete on the date of your medical as detailed above about waivers, timing etc. Now if you go to the US and try to enroll in public school, the school may expect you to meet the US recommendations. So I was speaking from a getting the greencard perspective only.

Yes, Knightsbridge has the medical forms. That's their job. The originaL goes to the embassy along with all the other pages they fill out. They will give you a photocopy of only the immunization page. Your whole K1 file including medical forms will be in a white or brown envelope sent to you with your passport and visa. It is marked "Do Not Open". You turn it over at POE. When you apply for AOS, your envelope you turned in, is ordered out of storage and matched up with your AOS file. That's how they determine if you met the medical and immunization requirements for a greencard. If that file is lost by USCIS (it happens), then you will start all over with a medical exam with a civil surgeon.

The questionnaire--- you haven't read the London embassy website completely or you would have found it.

1. Go back to your instruction start page. http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html
  2. Read Step Two again for a clue, particularly the last sentence.
  3. Do what that sentence you found says
  4. You will be on a new page now. Your answer is on the right.

:star: There is a prize for winning this scavenger hunt. :star:

You're right, I didn't read all the instruction page...sorry! ;) Got it now thanks :)

I will get the second shot as there's no harm in getting it, thanks for all the info again!

Great posts and very informative. I'll definately check it out when my time comes for the medical. The pictures were really helpful too... panic averted. Seems I'll feel right at Knightsbridge since doctor and possible receptionist/nurse are SA'an.

Aah, the things we do for love!!! And to think some people just meet each other at school or somewhere local and get married without all the stuff the rest of us have to go through.

K1 Visa - Dates in UK format

02/05/2012 I-129F Sent
07/05/2012 I-129F NOA1
02/11/2012 I-129F NOA2
14/11/2012 NVC Left
29/11/2012 Packet 3 Received
07/12/2012 Medical
12/12/2012 Packet 3 Sent
30/01/2013 Packet 4 Received
20/02/2013 Interview Date - Approved!
28/02/2013 Visa Received
03/06/2013 US Entry smile.png

22/06/2013 Marriage (Beautiful day) heart.gifrose.gif

AOS & EAD - Dates in US format

07/29/2013 Filing date

08/06/2013 NOA1

08/28/2013 Biometrics Apt

06/23/2014 Green Card

You're right, I didn't read all the instruction page...sorry! ;) Got it now thanks :)

I will get the second shot as there's no harm in getting it, thanks for all the info again!

:thumbs: Good job! Didn't mean to be cheeky, but as a former teacher I just couldn't resist the teachable moment, so you would realize there's a lot to be found if you'll click all those links.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

:thumbs: Good job! Didn't mean to be cheeky, but as a former teacher I just couldn't resist the teachable moment, so you would realize there's a lot to be found if you'll click all those links.

No you're absolutely right! I remember you told me to check the website before when I was confused about the forms & documents to send back at this stage...sometimes I forget all the simple info is right under my nose! You weren't cheeky at all :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok great info here. I just have a few questions.

1: My appointment is Sept 3rd with Knightsbridge Doctors at 4 Bentinck Mansions. Do I need to go to this Alliance Medical Centre?

2: I have an appointment with my GP this Wednesday to get my medical records printed out which will cost me around £50. Do I need my medical records? Also, I was at my GPs office a few weeks ago and he told me I don't have an immunisation record even though I am up to date with all childhood vaccinations. Is this common?

Lastly can someone tell me exactly what I need to bring with regard to medical paperwork.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Ok great info here. I just have a few questions.

1: My appointment is Sept 3rd with Knightsbridge Doctors at 4 Bentinck Mansions. Do I need to go to this Alliance Medical Centre?

2: I have an appointment with my GP this Wednesday to get my medical records printed out which will cost me around £50. Do I need my medical records? Also, I was at my GPs office a few weeks ago and he told me I don't have an immunisation record even though I am up to date with all childhood vaccinations. Is this common?

Lastly can someone tell me exactly what I need to bring with regard to medical paperwork.

Thanks

1:" Nope, you go to Bentick Mansions (Bond street tube station). The alliance medical centre is a little out of date

2: No. You do not need your medical records or history, you do however, need your vaccination / immunisation records. Not sure how the nurse can tell you that you are up to date with childhood vaccinations and then tell you that you have no vaccination history because... she had to look at an immunisation record to see you were up to date with your childhood ones! I'd call back and get a second opinion from someone else. All you need from your doctor is an immunisation report, and they don't usually charge for this.

As for your documents required it's in their help sheetLocated here

But for simplicity

1 x Passport photograph

Your passport

Your police certificate

Immunisation history

The medical questionnaire from the end of that PDF document

The document also gives you directions on where to go

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for the reply Photo. I agree with you about my vaccination record. How can my Dr say that without having a vaccination record to look at.

As for the medical history, the page you linked to doesn't ask for it but this pages clearly states Medical History as a seperate requirement to vaccination records

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.