monkeys1

Interview time line for keiv

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My CR-1 case was completed a few weeks ago. I'm told the NVC schedule medical exams & interviews on the 2nd week of every month. I checked today and there still finishing up the scheduling process. Can anyone tell me how long they waited to get an interview in Keiv, Ukraine? I'm trying to find the avg wait time between case competetion and getting comfirmation of the interview.

Thanks and good luck to all

BG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My CR-1 case was completed a few weeks ago. I'm told the NVC schedule medical exams & interviews on the 2nd week of every month. I checked today and there still finishing up the scheduling process. Can anyone tell me how long they waited to get an interview in Keiv, Ukraine? I'm trying to find the avg wait time between case competetion and getting comfirmation of the interview.

BG

Is that true? Seems to contradict the Emabssy website...

http://kiev.usembassy.gov/visa_iv_app_eng.html

YMMV

Timeline

BG

Yeah but i'm doing CR-1 not K-1 or K-3 I'm already married.

Timeline

BG

I understand that... firstly, K-1 and K-3 are NOT immigrant visas (though processed by the IV unit) ... and secondly, K-3 is a spousal visa (ie.. married)....

If you look at the webpage, one set of instructions for fiance(e) (K-1) and the other set says for Immigrant visa...(CR1/IR1)?

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Timeline

BG

I understand that... firstly, K-1 and K-3 are NOT immigrant visas (though processed by the IV unit) ... and secondly, K-3 is a

Spousal visa (ie.. married)....

If you look at the webpage, one set of instructions for fiance(e) (K-1) and the other set says for Immigrant visa...(CR1/IR1)?

Ok but I'm still a bit confused, :wacko: not sure how the K-1 process works. But do they skip the NVC process? Because the bottom requested forms have already been submitted to NVC months ago. I'm thinking they sent all my info to the US embassy in Kyiv after they completed my case. Also on the website it states "If you have assembled all the documents necessary for your interview, please contact the Call-Center at 044-207-7071 to schedule it.The Immigrant Visa Unit no longer schedules interviews. " According to the info below the US Embassy is the Immigrant Visa Unit. So maybe nvc work directly with the Embassy, Maybe i should call them the NVC and ask if there is a diffrent process for CR-1

Send your forms to us by:e-mail to: kyivivREMOVE@REMOVEstate.gov

fax at: 044-490-4570

regular mail at: Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular section

U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine

6 Pymonenka Street

Kyiv 01901

Download KEV-1

Download DS-230

Timeline

BG

I understand that... firstly, K-1 and K-3 are NOT immigrant visas (though processed by the IV unit) ... and secondly, K-3 is a

Spousal visa (ie.. married)....

Ok but I'm still a bit confused, :wacko: not sure how the K-1 process works. But do they skip the NVC process? Because the bottom requested forms have already been submitted to NVC months ago. I'm thinking they sent all my info to the US embassy in Kyiv after they completed my case. Also on the website it states "If you have assembled all the documents necessary for your interview, please contact the Call-Center at 044-207-7071 to schedule it.The Immigrant Visa Unit no longer schedules interviews. " According to the info below the US Embassy is the Immigrant Visa Unit. So maybe nvc work directly with the Embassy, Maybe i should call them the NVC and ask if there is a diffrent process for CR-1

Send your forms to us by:e-mail to: kyivivREMOVE@REMOVEstate.gov

fax at: 044-490-4570

regular mail at: Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular section

U.S. Embassy Kyiv, Ukraine

6 Pymonenka Street

Kyiv 01901

Download KEV-1

Download DS-230

K-1 petition typically spends a negligible amount of time at NVC..

The call center as referenced on the website is in Poland.

YMMV

Timeline

Found this

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_2991.html

After reviewing the submitted documentation, and the file is complete with all the required documents, the NVC will send the petition to the embassy or consulate where the applicant will apply for a visa when the case file is complete. For certain embassies/consulates, the NVC will schedule the applicant's interview.

Approximately one month before the applicant's scheduled interview appointment with a consular officer, all interested parties (applicant, petitioner, and third-party agent, if applicable) will receive an appointment letter containing the date and time of the applicant's visa interview along with instructions for obtaining a medical examination.

I better call and find out.

thank you for your help

Timeline
Found this

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_2991.html

After reviewing the submitted documentation, and the file is complete with all the required documents, the NVC will send the petition to the embassy or consulate where the applicant will apply for a visa when the case file is complete. For certain embassies/consulates, the NVC will schedule the applicant's interview.

Approximately one month before the applicant's scheduled interview appointment with a consular officer, all interested parties (applicant, petitioner, and third-party agent, if applicable) will receive an appointment letter containing the date and time of the applicant's visa interview along with instructions for obtaining a medical examination.

I better call and find out.

thank you for your help

Yup, good idea!

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.