dagobert2

Finding Out the Embassy Interview Date

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the fastest way to find out the interview date for interviews at the US Embassy in Moscow? Our paperwork was sent from NVC to Moscow on 8/9/07. At one point, I read on Visa Journey that contacting DOS using these instructions was the fastest way to obtain an interview date:

"I was talking to a live person (I am not sure there is an automated system for visa info?), and I waited about 5 minutes, but I called 8:30 eastern time, right when they open. But when you call, you have to listen to a whole thing about passports for US citizens, then press, 1 for the main menu, THEN listen to the WHOLE menu before you can press 0 to talk to a person. If we left NVC the same day we probably were in the same package, so it might be that we even have the interview the same day Let me know when you hear...Thanks for the congratulations. This is the number that you should call: 202-663-1225"

However, when I tried this they stated they wouldn't know the date and that NVC assigns those dates. Has anyone had any recent experience with this? I know the published schedule on the embassy's website is a bit behind in terms of updates so I am hoping to get this info from a more timely source. I can't believe we finally made it this far!!!! :thumbs:

Thanks

2007-01-19 Marriage

2007-10-15 K3/K4 Issued in Moscow

2008-04-17 Permanent Resident Card issued in Chicago

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Call DOS after packet 3 forms are returned: call the DOS at 202.663.1225

Then press 1, then press 5, then press 0

They gave me the interview date a few days before my fiancee got packet 4

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

According to the FAQs, Moscow does not send a packet 3 and nothing is required onthe part of the petitioners in order to schedule the interview. I think I am interpreting this correctly.

2007-01-19 Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
According to the FAQs, Moscow does not send a packet 3 and nothing is required onthe part of the petitioners in order to schedule the interview. I think I am interpreting this correctly.

Moscow is NOT the same as most consulates! Russ's FAQ is obviously correct :) So there is just one packet, and you don't send anything back in advance. If you know that your application is already at the consulate, you can call the DOS, using the number YuAndDan posted, and they should be able to tell you. I found that much sooner, than waiting for the Consulate website to update.

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Moscow is NOT the same as most consulates! Russ's FAQ is obviously correct :) So there is just one packet, and you don't send anything back in advance. If you know that your application is already at the consulate, you can call the DOS, using the number YuAndDan posted, and they should be able to tell you. I found that much sooner, than waiting for the Consulate website to update.

I see. So Milenka, am I to understand that the interview date is assigned once the petition arrives in Moscow and not before?

2007-01-19 Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As far as I understand it, they first send the application (or some part of it?) electronically to Moscow, then via DHL. So they will assign it probably sooner than it arrives, but I am not 100% clear on the details of how that works. Better to call the DOS, and ask them about it.

Edited by Milenka

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I see. So Milenka, am I to understand that the interview date is assigned once the petition arrives in Moscow and not before?

Correct, the Embassy or Consulate needs the case in hand, they then do some processing, and have to find a slot in their calendar, they will report the interview dates back to DOS.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.