6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

I've posted my story on here before - CR-1 and thinking about divorce. Everyone told me to gather as much evidence as possible to prove a bona fide marriage. But it's hard since we've only been here for a few months, living with his parents etc.

Someone also suggested that I argue the mental and emotional abuse when I file to remove conditions. But how do I do that? What kind of evidence would they need? And would it make it easier to prove my bona fide marriage? - since that is the reason why he won't put me on the bank account, car title, let me have a driver's license etc.?

Any thoughts or ideas would really help.

Claire

November 2006 - Married

December 2006 - DCF Europe

February 2007 - Visa approved (After many problems)

March 2007 - POE Atlanta

July 2007 - USCIS mixes our case with someone else's - Greencard will be sent out later

Hi everyone,

I've posted my story on here before - CR-1 and thinking about divorce. Everyone told me to gather as much evidence as possible to prove a bona fide marriage. But it's hard since we've only been here for a few months, living with his parents etc.

Someone also suggested that I argue the mental and emotional abuse when I file to remove conditions. But how do I do that? What kind of evidence would they need? And would it make it easier to prove my bona fide marriage? - since that is the reason why he won't put me on the bank account, car title, let me have a driver's license etc.?

Any thoughts or ideas would really help.

Claire

Written denials to pursue your residency, by your USC spouse

Counselors evaluations of the effect of the USC's control

Appointments/medication prescribed for the anxiety you suffer

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

I am pretty sure that emotional abuse qualifies under VAWA. Do a search in the forums for it. Sorry to hear things are not working for you.

Peace, L.

OP is speaking of removing conditions, and as such, filing a VAWA petition does not apply

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

I can't answer the abuse issue because I don't know your story. Did your husband change once you arrived here? You might want to seek legal counsel. An attorney specializing in this type of situation can get you much better advice than our speculations. Most cities have a legal aide office if you can't afford an attorney.

Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I am pretty sure that emotional abuse qualifies under VAWA. Do a search in the forums for it. Sorry to hear things are not working for you.

Peace, L.

OP is speaking of removing conditions, and as such, filing a VAWA petition does not apply

You're right. Got carried away. Sowwwy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.