Jump to content

Parole in Place - PCS to Korea?


1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Other Country: Mexico

Hello, recently my husband and I applied for Military Parole in Place. It was accepted and I now have the I-94 in hand. Normally the next step in the process is to file I-130 and I-485. However, my husband just got orders to pcs to S. Korea. He is currently weighing out the options but it would be a very nice experience for the both of us, predominantly him. One of the biggest things on our mind is how we would continue the process if I were to or if I even can pcs with him. I know I need to have a SOFA stamp. I do have my Mexican Passport, currently waiting on my EAD and SSN. Though I have researched and it seems I would not be able to get the SOFA stamp. However I have also seen some articles say I can by visiting the Military Passport Agent and showing them my passport, I-94, and his orders with me on it.


For simplicity:

Q1: With my currently approved Parole in Place I-94 (expires March 2025), am I able to accompany him to S. Korea? Mexican national here btw. I’ve also seen that it would be a good idea to do another I-131 Application but this time instead of doing it for Military Parole in Place, doing it for a regular Advanced Parole.

Q2: If it is possible for us to move together, would it be wise to begin the I-130 process in the states or once we are in S. Korea? 

Q3: Really all we want to know is if I can move to Korea with him without tarnishing the immigration process prospects granted through Military Parole in Place.

Extra Considerable Info:

-I-94 accepted on March 14th 2024

—Expires March 14th 2025 (for Mil PiP, you can reapply frequently to extend your stay)

-Yes, I will be on his official pcs documents and he is set as accompanied move. 
-I am in the DEERS system already and hold my Military ID.
-EAD and SSN application filed online through MyUSCIS on March 23rd 2024

-Received and Biometrics reused on the same day.

-Husband only has 1 more year until he gets out, he has the opportunity to end his active duty in Korea 


Any help/tips/information at all is greatly appreciated! Thank you! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...