AZ Loves Phils

Names dont match

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I sent in my K1 petition and to cover all my bases I included my Passport and my birth certificate. I noticed on my passport my first name is Mike on my birth certificate my first name is Michael. The middle and last names are the same on both. They used that Birth Certificate to create my passsort. On my I-129F I used the name Mike. On G325A I used the name Mike. Do you think they will be so nitpicky as to deny my petition? Technically they can Ignore my birth certificate, and I still meet all the qualifications. Maybe I'm just stressing out over nothing. Has anyone else been in a similar situation to compare this too? This web page is a great place to stress out and voice our fears lol. What else are we gonna do while we wait for 4-12 months. I know I'm just going to wait and see what the USCIS does. That is all I can do unless someone else has any words of wizdom. Thanks for taking the time to stress out with me.

07-20-2007 Sent I-129F

07-24-2007 Arrives at USCIS, CSC

07-31-2007 Check is cashed Electronic NOA1 is posted on USCIS webpage

08-01-2007 Touched!!!

08-03-2007 Paper NOA1.

12-13-2007 Touched!!!

12-14-2007 Touched(Scanned to go to NVC?) Notified by email of NOA2 saying approved on 12-13-07.

01-15-2008 Called NVC and confirmed they have received my case and was assigned Case number.

01-16-2008 Left NVC

01-22-2008 Called DOS said not at embassy yet.

01-28-2008 Packet mailed by USE

03-04-2008 Medical

03-11-2008 Visa interview 6:30am

Waiting to get paperwork. Missing Police clearence from Hong Kong and Singapore. USE approved everything else. Visa will be granted as soon as this paperwork arrives. Paperwork was sent for before interview but did not arrive in time.

04-20-2008 Wow Finally got visa 235 days.

05-03-2008 My sweetie arrives in USA!!!!

Miss my sweetie constantly..............

So I sent in my K1 petition and to cover all my bases I included my Passport and my birth certificate. I noticed on my passport my first name is Mike on my birth certificate my first name is Michael. The middle and last names are the same on both. They used that Birth Certificate to create my passsort. On my I-129F I used the name Mike. On G325A I used the name Mike. Do you think they will be so nitpicky as to deny my petition? Technically they can Ignore my birth certificate, and I still meet all the qualifications. Maybe I'm just stressing out over nothing. Has anyone else been in a similar situation to compare this too? This web page is a great place to stress out and voice our fears lol. What else are we gonna do while we wait for 4-12 months. I know I'm just going to wait and see what the USCIS does. That is all I can do unless someone else has any words of wizdom. Thanks for taking the time to stress out with me.

I had a similar problem. My last name on my passport does not include the suffix. All my other documents include it.

I asked Huskerkiev who used to be an ajudicator and he said it would not be a problem. I sure hope he's right!

Good luck to you.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.