9 posts in this topic

Good day to all,

The interview was held on March 19, 2024, and at the end of the interview, I was given a blue slip 221g without requesting any additional documentation.

After 3 weeks, we sent an email to the embassy, and they replied that the case is undergoing necessary administrative processing.

The date on the CEAC has been changing as follows, but the status remains as 'Ready': March 19th - Ready (Interview)

April 1st - Ready

April 10th - Ready (We received a reply from the embassy to an email we sent hence we assume they reviewed the file on this day)

May 10th - Ready

May 13th - Ready

We are confused why it says 'Ready' all the time as if we have to face an interview.

2 hours ago, maxy said:

Hi, As far as I know this is normal. Sometimes administrator processing takes long time. No one will be able to tell when it is going to be finished. 

May I know after your documents approved by NVC how many days it takes for you to get an interview appointment ? 

are you also DQ now? if so When was it?

On 5/16/2024 at 11:35 AM, Strawberry25 said:

Good day to all,

The interview was held on March 19, 2024, and at the end of the interview, I was given a blue slip 221g without requesting any additional documentation.

After 3 weeks, we sent an email to the embassy, and they replied that the case is undergoing necessary administrative processing.

The date on the CEAC has been changing as follows, but the status remains as 'Ready': March 19th - Ready (Interview)

April 1st - Ready

April 10th - Ready (We received a reply from the embassy to an email we sent hence we assume they reviewed the file on this day)

May 10th - Ready

May 13th - Ready

We are confused why it says 'Ready' all the time as if we have to face an interview.

May I know what questions did they ask in the interview?

On 5/16/2024 at 8:05 AM, Strawberry25 said:

Good day to all,

April 1st - Ready

May 10th - Ready

May 13th - Ready

Were you given a ds-5535 form to fill and was your passport kept or it was given back to you. 

4 hours ago, maxy said:

Hi, As far as I know this is normal. Sometimes administrator processing takes long time. No one will be able to tell when it is going to be finished. 

May I know after your documents approved by NVC how many days it takes for you to get an interview appointment ? 

We received the interview letter in the first week of February after getting DQ’d on December 29th, 2023.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Skyyy said:

are you also DQ now? if so When was it?

May I know what questions did they ask in the interview?

These are the following questions that they asked at the interview.

- When did you meet your husband?
- How did y’all meet?
- When did you get married?
- How many people did you invite to the wedding?
- Where does your husband work?
- Have you traveled to any other country for more than 6 months?
- ⁠What’s the state he lives in?
- What do both families think about each other’s family?
- Can you show a picture with him with your family?

Edited by Strawberry25

40 minutes ago, Peter and Tam said:

Were you given a ds-5535 form to fill and was your passport kept or it was given back to you. 

They didn’t give me a DS-5535. They kept my passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.